Things that Should be Fixed for Assassins

Comments

• u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1. I think I see what you mean. I kind of noticed that too. You have to wait until the monster stops running before you can attack it, even though it's in range while it's running.

2. I notice that delay too and I find it very inconvinient.

3. It's you.

4. That's stupid (no offense but many people say that and it IS stupid). Assassins are melee fighters with 0 points invested in magic (normally), you can't complain about stealth when you are still a low level with a 500 mana pool. It's just silly to do that.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have played a lot of games after I left PWI so I may not remember things.

But, I have played as a BM, Barb, Cleric, Archer, and for a little time a wizard.

I understand their cast time, I see the process it takes to execute skills.

You can't blame the channeling for this pause time for Assassins.

I would have had memories about a pause time on other classes but I have none.

I know the auto-attack is quick, there is nothing changing.

*I am not complaining, as I said, just making an observation*

its called aftercast

bm's have learned to negate it

are you at least that smart?

lets find outb:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I haven't had a problem with anything you've listed. At all. The only thing I agree with you on the slightest on is mana usage from Shadow Walk, but it's not difficult to manage anyway. The current formula:

f(mana)=-x+25
    where x is skill level

What would be ideal:

f(mana)=-2x+26

I actually thought it was going to be the second formula, but I was let down. Regardless, 16 mana a second when we're all grown up isn't *really* all that difficult to deal with. Unless PWI wanted assassins to be in stealth mode for all times that we are not attacking, 16 mana ain't no thang. 6 mana would be sweet, but I don't believe PWI meant for us to be perma-stealthed.

The only real gripe I have is between Tackling Slash and Rib Strike; neither of these should turn attack off, but they do. I'm really glad Deep Sting does, as it should, but neither of the preceding two skills have debuffs that can be broken by attacking. I'd love a fix for these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The skill lag is slightly more a problem for Assassins because we're squishier then BM's or Tigers...If their skills lag you might take a tiny bit more damage but if an Assassins skills lag it could take off an 8th or so of our health more then it would have. So it does effect us more then other melee classes in my opinion...Still just a tiny inconvience but an inconvience nontheless.
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    err...
    every class has the problems teh OP listed....
    -.-'
    (teh attack lag problem at least)
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Mrs_Wonka - Heavens Tear
    Mrs_Wonka - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    its called aftercast

bm's have learned to negate it

are you at least that smart?

lets find outb:chuckle

What's with the rudeness?

Have I offended you in anyway?

Explain after cast to since I have never heard of it.
    edited December 2009
    I think you should have titled this "What I'd like changed about Assassins" >.> Unless something is completely broken or obviously working as unintended...It doesn't need to be fixed in my opinion XD
    edited December 2009
    I believe the title is right.

If you don't believe so then that is your prerogative.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    What's with the rudeness?

Have I offended you in anyway?

Explain after cast to since I have never heard of it.

after any larger or slow skill theres a period of "windup" for the next one....easy way to cancle it is use a fast skill in between your heavy shots

and your requesting that sins insta cast everything perma teleport and kill everything in 2-3hits

stfu class is fine its called a in game balance....you know not having broken classes?
    edited December 2009
    after any larger or slow skill theres a period of "windup" for the next one....easy way to cancle it is use a fast skill in between your heavy shots

and your requesting that sins insta cast everything perma teleport and kill everything in 2-3hits

stfu class is fine its called a in game balance....you know not having broken classes?

I did say I haven't played perfect world in a while and I may be comparing it to other games.

And what your talking about has nothing to do with what this thread is about.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009

1. The Assassins shouldn't have to walk after their prey (mobs).
    - When they are about to hit a mob and it starts walking, they walk with it. When it stops, then they hit it.

2. The time frame between their skills is a little long.
    - The Assassins put a lot of points into dex yet the pause time to use another skill is a tad noticeable.
    - Assassins are suppose to do the quickest kill possible and move on.

3. Is it just me or do the Assassins pay too much spirit points for skills?
    - I haven't played this game in a while so bear with me

4. ( I know someone said this already) The Stealth takes too much SP every second

The Psychics are a bit too powerful. They take mobs away from people easy, bring a mobs health down to almost half in the first hit (what I saw) and I don't know when they hit a mob until it runs away from me to the Psychic.
    2) it IS a tad bit long, but it probably wont be changed =/

3) they DO cost a load. Its not your imagination D; but it probably wont be changed too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    3) it IS a tad bit long, but it probably wont be changed =/

4) they DO cost a load. Its not your imagination D; but it probably wont be changed too

i think you meant 2 and 3 not 3 and 4 o.o
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i think you meant 2 and 3 not 3 and 4 o.o
    rofl yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Levelling stealth mode will reduce the amount of mp per second it uses. Everything else is kind of.... why? If you're going to give assasins for more spirit give my cleric some. She needs it more for a million buffs and heals.

The only problem I have with the assasin really is the idea of stealth mode. It can only be used out of combat which is fine, this gives me the idea that you use it to sneak up and run away.

The genie dosen't become stealthy though. I know you can just unequip it but say if you had a sage or demon fairy that would show up too. And then you've gotta wait for your genie to recover health for skills that might save your butt, but wont because it's too slow.

Correct me if i'm wrong or i'm missing something.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
    edited December 2009

The genie dosen't become stealthy though. I know you can just unequip it but say if you had a sage or demon fairy that would show up too. And then you've gotta wait for your genie to recover health for skills that might save your butt, but wont because it's too slow.

Correct me if i'm wrong or i'm missing something.

Your fairy does go into stealth as you do. It just looks solid to you. No one else can see it but you.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    * Nothing needs to be changed in either class....If you think so let me QQQQQQQQQQ about Assassins being able to Stealth > Shadow Leap to you and just about kill someone BEFORE THEY ARE SEEN!!

* QQQQQQQQ Psychics have AOE debuff, stun and Attack/Defense + buffs and are hardly chi dependent...

I could go on.....give me a class....any class....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited December 2009
    Your fairy does go into stealth as you do. It just looks solid to you. No one else can see it but you.

Ah ok, awesome xD.

edited December 2009
    Something that does actually need to be changed for the psys and assasins;

Our face colour should match our bodies.

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    * Nothing needs to be changed in either class....If you think so let me QQQQQQQQQQ about Assassins being able to Stealth > Shadow Leap to you and just about kill someone BEFORE THEY ARE SEEN!!

* QQQQQQQQ Psychics have AOE debuff, stun and Attack/Defense + buffs and are hardly chi dependent...

I could go on.....give me a class....any class....

oooooh bm's do bm's i love those posts

or clerics for the sake of ironyb:cute
    edited December 2009

hmm is your settings on low?

Turn it up a bit and turn off proxy visuals.
    edited December 2009
    No, it's a bug. Your body skin colour changes but your face dosen't. I always run on high settings unless i'm in Territory War. It happens for all tideborns and used to happen to venomancers.

edited December 2009
    No, it's a bug. Your body skin colour changes but your face dosen't. I always run on high settings unless i'm in Territory War. It happens for all tideborns and used to happen to venomancers.

Ah I see. I don't see it a lot.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Doesn't happen to me b:surrender
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
    edited December 2009
    I lose my pants randomly in the water...I just assumed my character was kinky.
  • Fishtaco - Lost City
    Fishtaco - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the assassin has long delay before skills
    its kinda ****
    for barbs and bms its so much faster
    hopefully the gms will se this thread and notify the devs
  • Freylis_Myst - Dreamweaver
    Freylis_Myst - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Na, its not the stance, I've played a psychic and assassin both. Psychic lvl 21 and assassin 18 (only cause i was too bored to get it to 20 b:laugh).

The psychics are sooooooooooooooooooo easy to get to 20 its not even funny.

Assassins on the other hand, have a liiiittle bit of trouble at first (if you don't know what you're doing) after I understood what skills to use and how to conserve mana it got slightly easier. Although I still use hp pots more than I would like to.

On topic though, I do see a delay between attacks that I've never seen on any melee class, and yes i've played all classes so I would know this. The delay she/he's getting is probably something that will be fixed because I know that blademasters have skills that practically have no channeling/casting times to where they're almost spammable.

If it isn't fixed, well tough luck for assassinsb:laugh

Now, on a few skills, mainly one skill tbh I've noticed that it seems to dawdle. Slipstream strike seems slow, but its because of the animation, that and the 1.9 second (2 seconds) cast time. but you have to remember, that skill is by far superior to any other melee skill that any other class gets at lvl 6. Bm's get drakes ray... whoo... barbs... well, they dont get anything to attack with at lvl 6.... any skill that allows someone to take half the hp from a mob is just godly, and needs a longer cast time to balance things. Otherwise you'd see Archers running around one shotting vit barbs in a matter of seconds with stormrage eagelon. And cast time isnt effected by - channeling, otherwise you'd see archers running in arcane a lot just to pound out harsher skills. If you want to complain about slow skills, and attack speeds, talk to a barb, or Wizard. They'll give you an earful about slow skills. But I mean as an assassin your getting a skill that should require a spark, without one.. If I did that kind of damage on my blade instantly like that, I'd never even have concidered making a sin.

So, cast times is nothing, because Sins arent intended to stand and fight a mob head to head, Stick and run, Kite like you mean it noob! cmon your not a bm, or a barb, suck it up if you cant deal with more damage and slower cast attacks, why'd you make a sin? Because you thought it'd be overpowered? Use your brain, or die just that easy.
  • emoretrospective
    emoretrospective Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009

rofll i totally agree its wierd seeing tanned sins wih white faces >.<
  • Tideywidey - Dreamweaver
    Tideywidey - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    first off when u play a sin they cant make 1 class stronger than others in pvp then people start complaing (like now) and bfore u know the class barely exists anymore... what im trying to say is play to play not make it a big deal
    b:thanks
    edited December 2009
    I see the Armor for the Tibeborn on loading screens, I wonder when it's going to come out.

Does anyone know when they are planning to get it done?
  • SammyStyle - Sanctuary
    SammyStyle - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So far i only want the 79 skill to be implemented and more TT weps.