VOIP with squad or chatbox?

Toshironara - Sanctuary
Toshironara - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
When we're busy fighting bosses in a squad, we don't really have any time to type. So it would be much easier if we could just talk to everyone using voip or some other method. It obviously would not work in normal chat but how about in a squad and in a chatbox/room. and we would be able to have the option to disable for the squad if we want as another option in the squad window.

So what do you think. Post your comments.
Rerolling a sin. Yes a 'sin' simply because it sounds cooler...
Post edited by Toshironara - Sanctuary on

Comments

• exzacklyright
    exzacklyright Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree. +1000000000000000
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When we're busy fighting bosses in a squad, we don't really have any time to type. So it would be much easier if we could just talk to everyone using voip or some other method. It obviously would not work in normal chat but how about in a squad and in a chatbox/room. and we would be able to have the option to disable for the squad if we want as another option in the squad window.

So what do you think. Post your comments.

Ventrilo. Get it.

Or Skype. Or MSN. Or any other IM service with free computer-to-computer calling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ventrilo. Get it.

Or Skype. Or MSN. Or any other IM service with free computer-to-computer calling.

^(o.o)'
    this...
    heck you could just borrow a friend's server too.
    xD
    me use it more for RB instead of just regular questing/grinding/etc though
    o.O'
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Toshironara - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    But look at it this way, even if you use skype or some other program, that would be very troublesome. Not everyone has a computer that can properly run skype and pw at the same time. Plus not everyone has said program. Thirdly, most times when you join a party it isn't always someone your familiar with.That would mean that you would have to go through the trouble of adding everyone in the squad each time. So that idea is just impractical.
  • Nyxas - Heavens Tear
    Nyxas - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Get xFire.

Easy to use, free, and pretty sure it supports the vast majority of games,including PW.

Also I'd find it hard to beleive anything but a "ancient" computer would have trouble running xFire.
    edited December 2009
    but you'd still have to add the people. What happens if your in a random squad for a fb.There no reason to be against the idea anyways. Im not complaining that there isn't and im not asking for a way to talk. I just thought of an idea figured it'd be a good one. So don't tell me methods. Just tell me if you think the idea make sense or not....
    basically, just vote...
  • Nyxas - Heavens Tear
    Nyxas - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Honestly,I'd avoid using voice chat except with anyone in my faction. Random people tend to be bloody annoying,even more so when you can hear their voice.

Then again,that's probably just my experience with PUGs (pick up groups) in the other game I play talking.

So I voted no,just doesn't seem like there would be much point in it since there are already viable and easy alternatives to getting voice chat.
  • storehammy
    edited December 2009
    Ventrillo
    give info, make a guest only section.
    you be set.
    b:chuckle
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary

• Zora_Link - Dreamweaver
    Zora_Link - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not everyone has those things, and/or can use them with the game client active. Besides, if you form a squad for a quick fb, are you gonna make everyone login to the voice server first? No, it's too much of a hassle. If you automatically join the voice server when you join a squad, well, think about that.

And even if a squad member doesnt have a mic, at least they have working speakers(hopefully) so you can still shout directions and keep them from dying.

I vote yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • storehammy
    edited December 2009
    Not everyone has those things, and/or can use them with the game client active. Besides, if you form a squad for a quick fb, are you gonna make everyone login to the voice server first? No, it's too much of a hassle. If you automatically join the voice server when you join a squad, well, think about that.

And even if a squad member doesnt have a mic, at least they have working speakers(hopefully) so you can still shout directions and keep them from dying.

I vote yes

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
    there you has it.
    download takes about...10 seconds or less lol.
    and if your computer can't use ventrilo then it sure as heck won't be able to use any in game voIP system.
    besides FB/BH runs don't really need a system of speaking......near everyone knows what to do. b:chuckle (or at least follow)
    so the only real time you need it be like in TWs, PK battle, or....world...bosses? (Heck those don't even need it...takes frigging forever to get them lols.) XD
    and also once you put in server info...it gets saved and me myself have been in squads where everyone coincidentally had the info for this one specific server already...it was just click and we were in.
    b:chuckle

(also me voted yes anyway....why not (^.^)' would be a nice convenience tool)
    *o and you can use ventrilo just to listen....me myself just use it to listen and...be radio hamster.*
    xD
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary

edited December 2009
    More people need to say yes....