Tideborn questline

Absoluth - Heavens Tear
Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
So i bothered to clear that new questline this weekend. Took me a long time. Fly here, fly there. You go back and forth dozens of times. Its pretty annoying. Its like world quest on crack, not to mention how horrible it is to come even close to the new city. West lagosaur is heaven compared to it.

Anyways, i just killed a 'tideborn traitor' and got a 'raw crystal'. Turned it in and there doesnt seem to be any quest after it. Many of my friends are complaining how they cant advance on earlier stages since quests dont show up or game doesnt recognize their presence in certain areas.

What i want to know is, is the tideborn traitor/raw crystal quest the last on this questline or am i missing something?
PWI:
"Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Absoluth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nightshadow - Heavens Tear
    Nightshadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That seems to be the end, same for me and some friends. In my opinion, is short to be an expansion.

But its true i heard some people talking about quests i didn't did or have in quest list. So not sure at all
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So i bothered to clear that new questline this weekend. Took me a long time. Fly here, fly there. You go back and forth dozens of times. Its pretty annoying. Its like world quest on crack, not to mention how horrible it is to come even close to the new city. West lagosaur is heaven compared to it.

Anyways, i just killed a 'tideborn traitor' and got a 'raw crystal'. Turned it in and there doesnt seem to be any quest after it. Many of my friends are complaining how they cant advance on earlier stages since quests dont show up or game doesnt recognize their presence in certain areas.

What i want to know is, is the tideborn traitor/raw crystal quest the last on this questline or am i missing something?
    This is similar to a "bug" in the Chrono questline around the Valley of the Scarred quests. 1 quest ends, & another, at a different NPC becomes available, with no listing in 'find quests', but its there.

Right after the portion you are talking about, head down to whitesand beach on the Raging Tide Island. The southern portion of the beach has an NPC, 'Emerald Moon' who will now have a quest for you.

This will now yet again involves a bit of running around, ending in a must be soloed water boss (can have outside healing help, and other DDs outside starting at under 50% HP life left, all those oracle type "solo" tricks). He has around 1.32 mil HP and will take a while.

When all is said and done, the final reward is a platinum HP charm (under a different name, and non-tradeable & not even account stashable). Its not spectacular, but its something at least.
    That seems to be the end, same for me and some friends. In my opinion, is short to be an expansion.

Yes it is very short for an expansion. But its signifigantly longer then anything we got out of Age of Spirits Expansion questing. But it pales in Comparison to Lost Empire.
    edited December 2009
    oh tyvm doing the quest now :)
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Thanks alot dude. I hate tideborn city and its lagfest. I would've never seen the continuation of this quest without knowing where to go ^^
    PWI:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Maybe the quest picks up again later? I remember a human timed quest for rhinodrake tears and there was another quest about 10 levels later or so that was part of that same scenario.
  • Xehalest - Heavens Tear
    Xehalest - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Can someone actually tell me where Moon's lost memory is.. cannot seem to find it QQ
    edited December 2009
    Yes having same problem, i runned and flyed all the beach and water nearby and nothing. what are the coords?
    edited December 2009
    Found it. If someone need it is at 628 123 between the treasure npc and water. A window will pop up.

GL
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    that is the best quest ever it gives you 250k coins and 6% exp so quit complaining
  • Xehalest - Heavens Tear
    Xehalest - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    that is the best quest ever it gives you 250k coins and 6% exp so quit complaining

Not complaining, just needed a helping hand.
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear4
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was just wondering if anyone had any additional information on this boss? Does it debuff, AoE (Phys / Mag?), any special tricks it likes to do?

Thanks!

~Murky
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    The last 'fish' boss is kinda easy, but like the other dude said, it needs to be solo'd. Bringing a cleric friend to buff and assist healing is highly recommended. Its a skull boss (venos always having it easy...) and does about 500~600ish on a 4k mag res player. No debuffs or anything, but he does launch a small aoe on very rare occasions. Some low lvs died while i was killing it ^^

Did the treasures and TB questline. Guess now that is left for patch is public, which is basically a rank 8 farming area :o
    PWI:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Its a skull boss (venos always having it easy...)

Veno's dont have a water Legendary. My Veno's pet is a Celestial plumpfish which even un reduced, hit for less per swing then the reduced damage this BM did per hit. BM attack rate was faster i believe too. In addition i needed to almost constantly heal the Plumfish as it has no legendary defenses or HP. Suffice it to say Veno's do have it a little easier in opportunity as they dont need to bring a cleric. But they will take alot longer to kill it. Maybe if i was a Foxform specialized Veno & brought a cleric it mighta gone faster, i'm not sure.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Veno's dont have a water Legendary. My Veno's pet is a Celestial plumpfish which even un reduced, hit for less per swing then the reduced damage this BM did per hit. BM attack rate was faster i believe too. In addition i needed to almost constantly heal the Plumfish as it has no legendary defenses or HP. Suffice it to say Veno's do have it a little easier in opportunity as they dont need to bring a cleric. But they will take alot longer to kill it. Maybe if i was a Foxform specialized Veno & brought a cleric it mighta gone faster, i'm not sure.
    well of course, higher level archer/BM > plumpfish, but the plumpfish is the equivalent of an underwater golem lol. it isnt that weak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    All threads are going to be locked or moved to the correct section. If you do not post in the appropriate section your thread may be locked. This is being enforced due to the influx of threads being placed incorrectly. b:victory
  • SliverRage - Heavens Tear
    SliverRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wow like the longest villa ever with fighting lmao. The exp. is great the coins are nice and you get a few bonuses so yay love the quest thx for the info with the memory would have taken me days to find the right spot.