Just created my Psychic character, but the screen turns black and flickers partial..

jeroc1
jeroc1 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
I just created a Psychic and when I move or even when I open the game and choose the psychic character, my screen turns black and flickers partial parts of the game randomly.
I can use my other characters and be fine. Its only using the Psychics and assassins. I tried in other servers and yet the same thing happens...

Can some one help me as to why this is happening??
Post edited by jeroc1 on

Comments

• X_Archer_X - Dreamweaver
    X_Archer_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    May have tried a system reboot or Graphics Card drivers update?
    If ATi: *clicky clicky*
    If NVidia: *Clicky clicky*
    GL on finding a way to fix this issue! b:cute
  • Afro - Dreamweaver
    Afro - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah same problem its a pain in ****.. gonan try update but if i recall correctly my drivers are up to date.
  • Jeric - Lost City
    Jeric - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    May have tried a system reboot or Graphics Card drivers update?
    If ATi: *clicky clicky*
    If NVidia: *Clicky clicky*
    GL on finding a way to fix this issue! b:cute

how can that be if it works for my wizard thou? Playing as the psychic or assassin is the only ones not working right?
  • Eaglesw - Lost City
    Eaglesw - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah only the new race it doesn't work.
    X_Archer_X you asked him to update the gpu drivers what if he has an on board intel or something different than ATI or Nvidia ! Baka ask first what kind of video card it has.
    This issue cannot be fixed the only thing you can do is lower the rezolution and effects and play in window mode with an stupid lag or wait for a patch to fix it.
    You will never fly alone!
  • Zexics - Heavens Tear
    Zexics - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for that info, i wasnt going to play my tide untill this was fixed... now i just have to put up with lag. b:victory
  • Cute_Blossom - Dreamweaver
    Cute_Blossom - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yea it's happening to me too. I can play my cleric and wizard no problem, but the moment I start my assasin or psychic, the screen glitches on me. Gonna try to wait for a patch.
  • Dahrah - Heavens Tear
    Dahrah - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this happens to me too. it happens when you face the main building in the village (the one with the teleport in it). you can get out of it by turning your camera so it faces away from the building and/or get out of the village area and it will stop.
    only problem is when you need to use the teleport to get to the main city. i overcame this two ways:
    1. Going on another computer (one that doesnt have the glitch)
    2. Following someone else as they go into the portal. You'll walk really slowly, but it works. Just make sure they dont jump cause you cant see XD
    Hope this helped anyone who has the glitch.
  • Eumi - Lost City
    Eumi - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if you buy a makeup scroll, will that fix it? O_O
  • LaDolceVita - Sanctuary
    LaDolceVita - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm experiencing this problem also, any way to fix it?
    "My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
    Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die."
  • $ourDiesel - Harshlands
    $ourDiesel - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I had the same problem with my sin. i messed around with it and found a solution that works for me. Whenever you get a flashing black screen this is what you do.
    1. If in widescreen mode change to fullscreen.
    2. If you log in and it starts blackscreening before you can pull up menu you need to change your camera view to an aerial view so that you are looking down on your character.
    3. You have to stay in that aerial view till you get out of the area where you are having problems but most people only have the black screen problems in the starting town of tideborn.

I hope this has helped all who are having problems. b:victory
  • darknites
    darknites Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You guys who are having this problem, it has something to do with ATI video cards. Apparently you can get around it by running in widowed mode but other than that you will probably have to wait till they find the problem and fix it.
  • Eumi - Lost City
    Eumi - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    any way to fix the face/body color thing?
  • Themoonlord - Sanctuary
    Themoonlord - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Graphic bug probably (i don't think it is feature) start playing in window should not blink but u experience very unfluent animation like lack or resources or lags... Playing is rather not possible... however u can do some action then...
    It is common for Win 7 (efficiency of MS widnows since 2k is worse and worse...)
    After that and hair change of my high lvl chars i c i must stop playing for longer time... hope next patch will be not so far... :/

BTW all tideborn terrain r "lagged"
This discussion has been closed.