How are you building your Tide Born?

MzTeacake - Raging Tide
MzTeacake - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Since I've never actually played a melee char (let alone a LA one) I put 2dex, 2str, 1vit. So far so good. I hardly pot and I've only died like 3 to 4 times (most because my computer freezes with everyone being in the same area) this build might not please others but I'm content with my build and how my character fights and it's survivability. It may vary in later gameplay but for now it's all good. b:cute
Post edited by MzTeacake - Raging Tide on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Since I've never actually played a melee char (let alone a LA one) I put 2dex, 2str, 1vit. So far so good. I hardly pot and I've only died like 3 to 4 times (most because my computer freezes with everyone being in the same area) this build might not please others but I'm content with my build and how my character fights and it's survivability. It may vary in later gameplay but for now it's all good. b:cute
    Mine so far is nearly pure mag with arcane str reqs and a few points into vit (since only 10HP per vit) for survivability. I've only died one time so far and that was because I was being dumb, drinking some vodka, and spamming my 2 attacks not paying attention to the fact that it was on an extremely fast magic resist mob who was doing 30-60HP dmg on my 400HP nub, while I was doing far less damage than they were on me.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you're gonna use that build, might as well go HA rather than LA.

My sin is currently 4 dex 1 str, damage is good but is my first time being squishy, takes a little getting used to.
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've just powered my vit until 15, then began to use 1 str and 4 dex per level build. Iwanted just a little cover with hps
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    umm assassin here ... 1vit 2str rest dex every 2lvls so far ... i think it works fine
    i wouldn't use as much str as u do unless u wanna be HA build ... cuz str give no phy attack for daggers at all .... but dex do (a bit strange they would do it like that but okay new class all special lol)
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Assassin: Going 7 Dex, 2 Str, 1 Vit every 2 levels. Will cap Vit at around 40-45, depending on how things go I reckon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • So - Raging Tide
    So - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Playing Assassin with Pure Dex Build.. Can kill fast, but can die fast too b:surrender
    Pure Dex Build shines if team up with Cleric / Charmed..
  • Astoru - Raging Tide
    Astoru - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you're gonna use that build, might as well go HA rather than LA.

My sin is currently 4 dex 1 str, damage is good but is my first time being squishy, takes a little getting used to.
    A lot of BM's and Barbs say that when they switch to other classes, lol.

I've been taking it 9 magic and 1 str every two levels. So far haven't died to anything, they're usually dead before they even get close.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A lot of BM's and Barbs say that when they switch to other classes, lol.

I've been taking it 9 magic and 1 str every two levels. So far haven't died to anything, they're usually dead before they even get close.

Didn't say it's a good idea to go HA, just that you might as well use it with a build like that =p

My BM is full vit and crazy on HP, but I've made my assassin 1 str 4 dex per level and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

Even now it's pretty easy to realize that although mobs whack pretty hard at me, altering my build wont make me any less squishy, unless I drastically gimp my damage, in which case I'll kill so slow i'll still get whacked to bits anyway :P

Must admit phy's are looking pretty awesome. My gf has one, high damage, slow-movement-speed debuff and insane range is sweet.
  • Geek - Raging Tide
    Geek - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So far I put 3 DEX, 1 STR, 1 VIT every level. I'm using LA. I'm too low lvl to say if it's really effective but I had no problems with any quest/mob.