lvl20-29 problems

Gfox - Lost City
Gfox - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
Ok so whenever I attack a mob, I usually end up killing it fairly fast. However, the mob seems to be able to launch 2-3 attacks on me. this knocks out 200-300 HP for every mob. With evasion taken into account, I have to meditate every 4 mobs or use a pot every mob. Any suggestions?
Post edited by Gfox - Lost City on

Comments

• _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Make apoth items like Life Powder and use that. Or you could put some money into buying potions and using those.

*Note: Don't use all your money to buy potions.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hp pots, problem solved
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    Siketh - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ask a cleric friend for buffs... problem solved, 0 coin cost.

I always walk around with my wife's lvl9x buffs... gotta love it XD

Without buffs better choice is using Second Chance on a STR genie, u wont have HP recovery probs and save pots.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    yes because hp pots during your 2x are SOOOOOO expensive. . .
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    If u have some kind of brains u dont have to even buy a single one... so yes, they are VERY cheap. I have never bought a single HP pot... in all my chars. If u like to spam them tho suit yourself.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    being smart has nothing to do with using hp pots or not, i'd much rather pay the tiny price for pots and get a genie skill that is actually worth it, being buffed doesn't mean you don't get hit and not everyone is married to a 9x cleric willing to heal them all the time
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not all of us have 9x Clerics hanging around to buff us. So yes we have to use pots. I'd suggest mining every Golden Herb and Nectar you see. Those make Life Powder. Ask any Barb or BM and they'll tell you Life Powder got them through the low levels.

Also, I would not suggest using Second Wind. For one, I'm fairly sure the Chi Stones you consume cost more than pots and two, at the low levels I'd rather use my spirit and coin on my own skills rather than genie skills.
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ask a cleric friend for buffs... problem solved, 0 coin cost.

I always walk around with my wife's lvl9x buffs... gotta love it XD

Without buffs better choice is using Second Chance on a STR genie, u wont have HP recovery probs and save pots.

Cleric buffs are nice but the HP/MP effect will diminish over the levels when you will face tougher mobs. And I usually not rather have a Cleric buff my Assassin, most of them just buff for the love of it and not paying attention or not even thinking of the possibility of someone using powder.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Not all of us have 9x Clerics hanging around to buff us. So yes we have to use pots. I'd suggest mining every Golden Herb and Nectar you see. Those make Life Powder. Ask any Barb or BM and they'll tell you Life Powder got them through the low levels.

Also, I would not suggest using Second Wind. For one, I'm fairly sure the Chi Stones you consume cost more than pots and two, at the low levels I'd rather use my spirit and coin on my own skills rather than genie skills.

Well i asked my BM about it and said he survived low lvls without any powder thanks to diamond sutra (and drop pots b4 29). Also, the amount of stamina used for that skill is a joke, can be used with the free stones u get from the supply box. And then there are drops and such which can.... u know... be used to raise again the stamina. For free.

The effect doesnt diminish that much as a 1vs1 type of fighter, maybe u meditate a few secs and goes up again fast. Again, depends on the buffs. If not a mix of dropped pots/second wind and patience saves u some serious coin.

Edit: Ow yeah! Now with the expansion you get Chi stones for free too doing Treasure quests!! Forgot to say... Isnt it peachy... ^.^
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    If not a mix of dropped pots/second wind and patience saves u some serious coin.

you think the money you spend on pots in the 2x is serious coin?

omg x.x
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Overall at lower lvls.... last time i checked lower lvls last more than the stupid 2x's. A lot more. So if you plan doing that for 50-60 lvls... do the math k?
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Overall at lower lvls.... last time i checked lower lvls last more than the stupid 2x's. A lot more. So if you plan doing that for 50-60 lvls... do the math k?

yes spamming this 800 hp heal and sitting around during your 50s is defiantly better than buying hp pots b:shocked

some people prefer to level at a decent rate and spend money on pots, you make more money farming BH wine mats than you would spend on pots lol
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well i asked my BM about it and said he survived low lvls without any powder thanks to diamond sutra (and drop pots b4 29). Also, the amount of stamina used for that skill is a joke, can be used with the free stones u get from the supply box. And then there are drops and such which can.... u know... be used to raise again the stamina. For free.

The effect doesnt diminish that much as a 1vs1 type of fighter, maybe u meditate a few secs and goes up again fast. Again, depends on the buffs. If not a mix of dropped pots/second wind and patience saves u some serious coin.

Edit: Ow yeah! Now with the expansion you get Chi stones for free too doing Treasure quests!! Forgot to say... Isnt it peachy... ^.^

Well yeah that BM skill is the best non-Cleric heal skill out there. Of course, they have an easier time. Unfortunately, Sins don't have an equivalent skill. Honestly, I'd rather sell my equip drops for coin for repairs and skills. You'd get more healiong power from selling the Chi stones from the Treasure quest/supply box and buying pots. Using Second Wind wastes coin.

Also, those Treasure quests only come around once every 10 levels. Not exactly a steady source of Chi stones there.
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    yes spamming this 800 hp heal and sitting around during your 50s is defiantly better than buying hp pots b:shocked

some people prefer to level at a decent rate and spend money on pots, you make more money farming BH wine mats than you would spend on pots lol

Oh, and i would lvl at a decent/fast pace if this was my main... its not and i got a crapload to do on main tho so i leave the fast lvl skillz for you. Oh master of the speed lvling.

Anyway, my first post were my 2 cents. Like it or not.
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    One question: is that "x% of your damage return as health" skill effective? Is there an oracler who could tell us how does it work later on?
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That buff only gives back 2% of the damage you deal. Meaning if you managed to hit 2k damage, it would only recover 40 hp. I don't think it will be a viable "heal", but it could help keep your survivability up, healing very small increments of hp as you're getting whacked on.
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    idk, i bought the brnz charms. they cost like 80 cents a pop so not to bad. i only bought 2 of them tho so it wont last to long =s. when not charmed i just use second wind a a hp pot. the items u pic up off the ground from lvling pays for the pots... especially the dq stuff.
  • HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
    HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    life powder is GOD. i use on my l vl 22 sin. never have to use pots. almost always killing. and when i DO meditate (usually after increase life or sometimes sac assault) it takes at most like 3-5 seconds. most my health is regenerated between walking to diff monster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
  • MeiLin - Harshlands
    MeiLin - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    life powder is GOD. i use on my l vl 22 sin. never have to use pots. almost always killing. and when i DO meditate (usually after increase life or sometimes sac assault) it takes at most like 3-5 seconds. most my health is regenerated between walking to diff monster.

^^ This lol