More tweaks for the friends list?

Rheic - Dreamweaver
Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
Could you consider an option to make the list account-based instead of character specific? That way I could always see if they're online without calling them by other means. It would also shorten the list. (I have 8 chars, guess how many my friends have).
Who needs a sig anyways?
Post edited by Rheic - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Codeine - Raging Tide
    Codeine - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1589? b:shocked
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would hate that. If I wanted to play and not be in contact with certain people, I would have to make a whole other account? I have characters that no one knows so I can play without being bothered. If they want you to contact them on that character, wouldn't you know the name? Even if it's not on your friends list, you could still PM them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Codeine - Raging Tide
    Codeine - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Maybe they have to many friends and can't keep track of all of them like, on a game that starts with a w that shall not be named, I had 66 friends, I r popular b:chuckle, I see why he wants a bigger friends list. But instead of being able to add more friends, I think It should add all the chars on his friends accnt like, Lets say you added (Insert name here) and they came online on a different char, you still see them on friends but on THAT char. and next to it, it will say (Insert name here) is this person. b:pleased
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I actually meant this as an option to show up in your friends' friend list. Like in instant messengers: you could switch your status to offline even if you weren't.

Besides, my and my friends' daily schedule varies quite wildly. I wouldn't wish to bother them in the middle of anything important just to ask their nicks.

~edit~

And yes, it really is hard to keep track of all your friends. Especially when many of my RL friends have just recently started playing. Two nights past I spent over 3 hours in phone explaining some of the things in game, including how to use the said friend list.
    Who needs a sig anyways?
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I more over think it would be nice if the player with alts could make it so if someone whispers his main it would show up on the alt they're playing. I have a hard time leveling my alt. because I Don't want to miss out on something good, like say an FB. of course leave it as an option though.