Things that Should be Fixed for Assassins

Mrs_Wonka - Heavens Tear
Mrs_Wonka - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
*Now, I'm not complaining because I like the Assassin class and it has it's good points*

1. The Assassins shouldn't have to walk after their prey (mobs).
- When they are about to hit a mob and it starts walking, they walk with it. When it stops, then they hit it.

2. The time frame between their skills is a little long.
- The Assassins put a lot of points into dex yet the pause time to use another skill is a tad noticeable.
- Assassins are suppose to do the quickest kill possible and move on.

3. Is it just me or do the Assassins pay too much spirit points for skills?
- I haven't played this game in a while so bear with me

4. ( I know someone said this already) The Stealth takes too much SP every second

*Added*

5. Assassins should never stop attacking.
-Skills like; Rib Strike and Tackling Slash stop the Assassins from attacking after the skill is used.
- unless you use another skill or click the mob you stop attacking after using those skills.

*Comment*

The Psychics are a bit too powerful. They take mobs away from people easy, bring a mobs health down to almost half in the first hit (what I saw) and I don't know when they hit a mob until it runs away from me to the Psychic.
Post edited by Mrs_Wonka - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• roudyrogue
    roudyrogue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    From what I read above, what you're pretty much saying is that the assassin should be able to port straight to all targets, kill in 2 shots and pop back into stealth until the time of their next strike? If we went with your idea of an assassin there would be no point in making any of the other classes.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    - Get an assassin above level 29, will fix almost every problem you listed, goodbye
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *Now, I'm not complaining because I like the Assassin class and it has it's good points*

- When they are about to hit a mob and it starts walking, they walk with it. When it stops, then they hit it.

- The Assassins put a lot of points into dex yet the pause time to use another skill is a tad noticeable.

4. ( I know someone said this already) The Stealth takes too much SP every second

*Comment*

The Psychics are a bit too powerful. They take mobs away from people easy, bring a mobs health down to almost half in the first hit (what I saw) and I don't know when they hit a mob until it runs away from me to the Psychic.

1. Im confused, if assassins shouldnt have to walk after prey. Then you suggest they walk when it walks..So theyre still walking after their prey?

2. They hit faster then most people its just less noticeable because of the auto-attack animation.

3. Cant comment on Spirit for skills, but if you leveled a cleric then I dont think it can be that bad.

4. There has to be a downside to health or it will be way overpowered. The mana cost is the downside.

And all magic classes are strong at lower levels then balance out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

*Comment*

1. I have no idea what you're on about.

2. Dex has no effect on the chanelling or cast time of any skill, nor the attack rate of normal hits. And I'm sure Assassins can kill mobs fast enough as it is.

3. All classes pay a lot of SP for their skills, it's natural. (Especially on the 4x - 5x area)

4. Stealth takes MP, and the "large" cost of mana can be overcome by lvling the skill (I think lol) and using an MP charm and/or pots.

:D
  • Mrs_Wonka - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    roudyrogue wrote: »
    From what I read above, what you're pretty much saying is that the assassin should be able to port straight to all targets, kill in 2 shots and pop back into stealth until the time of their next strike? If we went with your idea of an assassin there would be no point in making any of the other classes.

Have you played you played the Tideborn are an Assassin? (not being rude :P)
    The Psychic are doing what you just said with our mobs. They don't port but their range and damage at such a low lvl is ridiculous. As an Assassin you can't even play around them without being aggravated. They basically draw the surrounding mods to them.
  • threepointone
    edited December 2009
    Have you played you played the Tideborn are an Assassin? (not being rude :P)
    The Psychic are doing what you just said with our mobs. They don't port but their rage and damage at such a low lvl is ridiculous. As an Assassin you can't even play around then without being aggravated. They basically draw the surrounding mods to them.

Find a mob that doesn't aggro. That means it won't attack you unless you hit it first. Stalk that mob to your heart's content. =)
  • Falacer - Harshlands
    Falacer - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've played psychic and assasin, and gotten them both to lvl 20.

Its easy

Psychic = Easy PVE, Hard PVP

Assasin = Easy PVP, Hard-ish PVE.

Assasin is a serious PVP class. Shadow walk, Shadow jump, Shadow teleport, etc etc, All could be used amazingly in PVP mode.

Psychic just doesn't have that many good PVP skills. Mostly a buff/debuff class that hits relativley hard. I think its one of those classes to sorta "start out" on since it is so easy to play.

But I think it'd be alot more funt o play an assasin and pwn at pvp then to play a psychic and just nuke everything.

and I made it playing an assasin around psychics. The mob areas spread out behind trees and bushes and there are some spots where people dont even look for the mobs.

Thats my two cents b:shutup
    Falacer Permitted ZZig into faction

Falacer: Welcome ZZig :D

ZZig has left the faction

Falacer: You biitch.
  • threepointone
    edited December 2009

Its easy

Teach me how to PvP at lvl 20 please :D
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
  • roudyrogue
    roudyrogue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Besides, the high attack rate is for auto attack, not skills. Skills still have channel times
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Its easy

Assasin is a serious PVP class. Shadow walk, Shadow jump, Shadow teleport, etc etc, All could be used amazingly in PVP mode.

Psychic just doesn't have that many good PVP skills. Mostly a buff/debuff class that hits relativley hard. I think its one of those classes to sorta "start out" on since it is so easy to play.

But I think it'd be alot more funt o play an assasin and pwn at pvp then to play a psychic and just nuke everything.

and I made it playing an assasin around psychics. The mob areas spread out behind trees and bushes and there are some spots where people dont even look for the mobs.

Thats my two cents b:shutup

everything wrong above lol..

Psychic = Easy PVE, Easy PVP

Assasin = Easy PVP, Easy -ish PVE.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009

*Comment*

1. no idea what you mean x.x

2. try leveling a barb or bm then complain how long it takes to kill mobs lol

3. it's just you

4. mana pots aren't very expensive x.x and besides it's only 15 mp per second if you max it

the only time psys have killed much faster than me is below level 6
    edited December 2009
    I have played a lot of games after I left PWI so I may not remember things.

But, I have played as a BM, Barb, Cleric, Archer, and for a little time a wizard.

I understand their cast time, I see the process it takes to execute skills.

You can't blame the channeling for this pause time for Assassins.

I would have had memories about a pause time on other classes but I have none.

I know the auto-attack is quick, there is nothing changing.

*I am not complaining, as I said, just making an observation*
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In my opinion it just looks slow because of the way they stand/move their daggers behind their back. BMs/Barbs are keep weapons close, it looks weird to see the assassins bring weapons all the way behind them, back out, then back again is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In my opinion it just looks slow because of the way they stand/move their daggers behind their back. BMs/Barbs are keep weapons close, it looks weird to see the assassins bring weapons all the way behind them, back out, then back again is all.

Na, its not the stance, I've played a psychic and assassin both. Psychic lvl 21 and assassin 18 (only cause i was too bored to get it to 20 b:laugh).

The psychics are sooooooooooooooooooo easy to get to 20 its not even funny.

Assassins on the other hand, have a liiiittle bit of trouble at first (if you don't know what you're doing) after I understood what skills to use and how to conserve mana it got slightly easier. Although I still use hp pots more than I would like to.

On topic though, I do see a delay between attacks that I've never seen on any melee class, and yes i've played all classes so I would know this. The delay she/he's getting is probably something that will be fixed because I know that blademasters have skills that practically have no channeling/casting times to where they're almost spammable.

If it isn't fixed, well tough luck for assassinsb:laugh
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "The psychics are sooooooooooooooooooo easy to get to 20 its not even funny."

Only if:
    No LagGGGGGG!!!!!!b:angry
    Not jumping overhead and killing mobs 2lvls above.
    Having warehouse full of mp potsb:chuckle
    Learning best killer combo and proper skills

b:cute
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There is one point you make that I agree with. The skills are actually worse damage per second than the normal hits! I'm talking about two of the earlier skills that do just 300 damage when normal attacks do 200 in half the time.

The invisibility skill is just fine. The mana cost seems just right or even not enough.
  • ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide
    ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There is one point you make that I agree with. The skills are actually worse damage per second than the normal hits! I'm talking about two of the earlier skills that do just 300 damage when normal attacks do 200 in half the time.

The invisibility skill is just fine. The mana cost seems just right or even not enough.

Agreed...After you get the FB19 or Mail weapon at 20 there are few skills worth using for a while aside from normal attacks...I've tested skill combos and it saves mana and hp and time to just start with bleed then Slipstream and basic attack the rest of the way. I'm guessing it'll change in a few levels (My Psychic and Assassin are the sameish level) But for now Basic attack because of the lack of delay is actually kinda better.

I figured out the delay people are talking about btw...It's because for some reason, our bleed skill has a range of 4.5 meters and our other skills are melee range. So if you lead with Puncture then try another skill, you'll have to run up towards the enemy and it takes a second or so...So I would say a fix for that needs to be considered.
  • DrStupid - Sanctuary
    DrStupid - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1. Every class has to walk after their fleeing mobs, if they leave cast / melee range.

2. Dex has nothing to do with cast time. Although I do think knife throw should have a shorter time. But the others are fine.

3. All classes have that problem, the more you upgrade your skills.

4. I think shadow walk should only burn mana when you're moving. Standing still, I don't think it should cost anything aside from inital cast.

And concerning psychics stealing kills, just make sure slipstream and the bleed attacks are fully maxed for your current level.
    I've kept my mobs from some greedy psychics by spamming slipstream, bleed, and melee. Although getting two slipstreams in is almost always enough.
    edited December 2009

I figured out the delay people are talking about btw...It's because for some reason, our bleed skill has a range of 4.5 meters and our other skills are melee range. So if you lead with Puncture then try another skill, you'll have to run up towards the enemy and it takes a second or so...So I would say a fix for that needs to be considered.

I don't think it's that. I have seen my Assassin just stand there for a 1 second (or 2 )before it uses another skill. The cast time for the skills I currently have are 0.1 and 0.2 (might be a three in there).
    edited December 2009
    I don't think it's that. I have seen my Assassin just stand there for a 1 second (or 2 )before it uses another skill. The cast time for the skills I currently have are 0.1 and 0.2 (might be a three in there).

Yeah I noticed what seems to be a bit of a delay too...Not enough to break us but maybe it'll be fixed...I just know that puncture skill is on an odd distance compared to our other skills...I can't think of why it would be beneficial except for pvp or something cause it messes with questing a bit. Gotta run up manually instead of leading with a hotkey...Both are just inconveniences though...People are acting like these minor things make Assassins unplayable or something and that's kinda silly.
  • HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
    HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    for the mp usage which everybody complains is insane, get to 30 and use focus powder. 50 mp/second over comes the mp usage, and still gives you 26 mp persecond+your own mp recovery persecond is enough to make your mp still go up fast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
  • Ashendal - Dreamweaver
    Ashendal - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2009

That's the one thing that's annoyed me as well. I've played a Bard and BM and both have a mostly seamless transition from skill to normal attack. My assassin, in a no lag area, stopped for a few seconds and then started to normal attack after using any of her skills. That's the only problem with the class itself, they need to shorten that time frame.

People are really doing so little with Slipstream? Are you not leveling it or something? Seriously, at level 22 I'm doing half the mobs HP bar most times with a simple Slipstream+start hit of wound. Then I wait my few seconds to let normal attack kick in and their basically dead. This is an insane damage class.
    edited December 2009
    I run up manually and lead with Puncture then Slipstream so the bleed gets full duration. I know at 29 our combo list gets a huge revamp...Can't wait.
  • KougaLee - Sanctuary
    KougaLee - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009

*Comment*

I think I'm the only one here who agrees completely with you on everything AHAHA.

1. I know what you mean. This is really frustrating when they only have a little hp left and you have to wait until it stops walking before you're able to hit it. D;

2. As people above have said, there is a weird delay. This doesn't seem to affect the buffs tho.

3. I BELIEVE SO TOO. When I was lvling my cleric, I had a lot of SP to blow but sins, not so much. D;

4. This is especially bad in lower lvls. My sin is lvl 30 and I only have... 600-700-ish mp? Plus there's a 2-3 sec delay before you're able to walk. :\ I'm not too keen on wasting SP just to reduce mp cost.

Andd yeaaah to psychics. It gets better as you go. b:victory
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    just buy mp pots ffs the stealth is fine it doesn't need changing

god i swear some of you people just NEED something to whine about

OH NO!!11!! DER R NU HOGE FLAWS WIF NEW CLASS, WE MUST PIK ON EVY SMLL DETAILb:angry
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    Siketh - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think I'm the only one here who agrees completely with you on everything AHAHA.

1. I know what you mean. This is really frustrating when they only have a little hp left and you have to wait until it stops walking before you're able to hit it. D;

2. As people above have said, there is a weird delay. This doesn't seem to affect the buffs tho.

3. I BELIEVE SO TOO. When I was lvling my cleric, I had a lot of SP to blow but sins, not so much. D;

4. This is especially bad in lower lvls. My sin is lvl 30 and I only have... 600-700-ish mp? Plus there's a 2-3 sec delay before you're able to walk. :\ I'm not too keen on wasting SP just to reduce mp cost.

Andd yeaaah to psychics. It gets better as you go. b:victory

You know u have a ranged skill.... right?
    edited December 2009
    You know u have a ranged skill.... right?

Yes, one.

That skill does need to cool down. It would be nice if that had a lower cool down time.

Also when I say walk after the mob I meant: before you hit it and it starts to move you walk with it. When it stops you can use your skills.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yes, one.

That skill does need to cool down. It would be nice if that had a lower cool down time.

Also when I say walk after the mob I meant: before you hit it and it starts to move you walk with it. When it stops you can use your skills.

How fast do you kill mobs? I find it a bit difficult that knife throw doesn't cooldown before you've finished one mob and ran all the way to the next........

also... at 29 you'll get an immobilize.... and if you really wanted the mob to stay still a bit longer you could put it to sleep...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • FadeDaggers - Lost City
    FadeDaggers - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The Psychics are a bit too powerful. They take mobs away from people easy, bring a mobs health down to almost half in the first hit (what I saw) and I don't know when they hit a mob until it runs away from me to the Psychic

i totally disagree with this the dmg really balances out 3x even 2x i compared dmg with friend psy and i hit completely the same dmg skilled so dont worry about thtb:victory