Any point in LVing soul of vengence?

CyanideX - Lost City
CyanideX - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Psychic
I looked at it, and the next LV says it only increases the range of it, is there any point in even LVing that if it has no good side effects?
Post edited by CyanideX - Lost City on

Comments

• Astoru - Raging Tide
    Astoru - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's a very powerful reflect skill, only topped by the higher level veno reflect. And it's the only one that reflects magic damage

Get it. It's quite useful.
  • I_Know - Heavens Tear
    I_Know - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    For PVE I wouldn't level it much, as like you said increasing the level only increases the range. Ranged mobs (magical and physical) have a range of around 12.

PvP-wise it's not going to be that effective against ranged unless you close the gap a little.
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    till Any fixes being made leveling up souls pretty much useless since they only increase range and usage of mp . The question is do you really need the range factor vs huge increase in cost??? b:shocked
  • CyanideX - Lost City
    CyanideX - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Fair enough, thought it was pretty useless to LV lol, thanks :)
  • Albacore - Dreamweaver
    Albacore - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was under the impression that the "range" of it was the cast range - not the effect range. IE, how close you must be to your target in order to cast it.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Can it be cast on others? If so, I see a use for tanks.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Vengeance, yes, range of the reflect increases as well as range of the ability to cast on others... the other revenge line skills, no
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide
    ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Right now it seems best to keep at 1...And if it's changed or that info is incorrect...All you lose is a few levels you coulda been using it buffed slightly (Once you grab it after)...But if you find out it IS useless past 1...You lose a heckuva lot of gold and spirit on it that you could have had earlier helping you out.

Possibly not worthless to level past 1< Getting skills you know are useful
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I kept it at lvl 1 no point to level it yet, till they change it. According to ecatomb, none of the skills seem to change either cept for range. Hope they change that >.>

Btw yes it can be cast on other people, but gotta make a choice between casting on you or another.
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "Vengeance, yes, range of the reflect increases as well as range of the ability to cast on others... the other revenge line skills, no"

"range of the reflect increases " <-- WTF ? Do a huge favor to others and stop writting **** , i see "oracle" leveling hurt you damn heavy. There is NO such thing reflect range in this spell. it WILL reflect damage doesn't matter how far the distance between buffed person and attacker while spell stays on. The ONLY range which increases with leveling skill is the ability to cast it on greater distance.

b:bye
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I kept it at lvl 1 no point to level it yet, till they change it. According to ecatomb, none of the skills seem to change either cept for range. Hope they change that >.>

Btw yes it can be cast on other people, but gotta make a choice between casting on you or another.

thqts coz ecatomb has very incomplete info,... ;-)
    till there are ppl that post the effectof certain skills on theyr guestbook they wont edit anything,...
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well to be fair, soul of vengeance reflect nothing at all, it deal physical damage based on your soulforce. Since leveling the skill does nothing to increase the damage dealth this way, but only increase the mana cost and the range you can cast it on other(kinda useless), are you telling us mister lv80 that the range also have something to do with how close the monster/player have to be to trigger the mirror?b:shocked

Edit: We should ask a high lv archer using a lv1 bow and arrow to test that, I think they have 30m range with their passive skill.
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not range to trigger, range to cast it on someone. Like wnight said, if you get hit, they get hit back, regardless how far they are.