Boiling down to this for Venos.

Options
newplayerhere
newplayerhere Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I have decided to go Venomancer as a new player. I have read all the guides posted in the forum regarding Venos. After reading them i have realised Heavy armour is not my kind of thing (if i have to be a tank i rather be a Barb lol ). I am left with 2 choices [a] Vit - Arcane Build ( wearing robes and putting some points in vit, mostly in magic and the least necessary for strength) Light armour build.

Now, the question i am asking from high level experienced players is this :- what will save my life more and also make me a good damage dealer (by also having a live pet) the Vit that i putting on me or the Pdef that i get from my armour?
What will go all round well with PVP & PVE ? 1. my HP, live healthy pet and strong magic attacks? or 2. my Pdef, not so live pet and attacks with some crits?

I am not a real money spender so i cannot afford to make any mistakes. Kindly give me your opinions on your observations and personal expirences. Please do not leave me with (you choose this option and that option, whatever suites you & its all upto your game play stuff). Give me your definite answers then i will not get confused. This game hits free players hard so i know i will always be a average player even if i am skilled, but still your guidance will be highly valuable to me. I am playing in Lost City server i know its hard getting killed all the time but still its fun.

Thanking you.
with respect to all the hardworking experienced players.
Post edited by newplayerhere on

Comments

• DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Don't bother wasting your time with vitality. It is better to shard your armor with Garnet Shards for physical defense. If you are going pure magic/arcane, then you will be a great damage dealer, but you turn out to be really squishy against Blademasters, Barbarians and espacially Archers. With a Light Armor build, you wont squishy, But you will hit like 20% less damage then arcane, you can also get a nix that hits way higher then most pets. Last thing is that their are great grinders. They will never die, unless ganged, and they can either heal full HP or MP every 5 minutes so you can grind forever.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Stick to pure magic and maybe change to vit-arcane at lvl 90.. Vit-arcane is a really good allround build.
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Stick to pure magic and maybe change to vit-arcane at lvl 90.. Vit-arcane is a really good allround build.

This ^. Especially as a new player, vit arcane is an excellent choice that I would personally reccommend over a light armor build for a venomancer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Atrix - Harshlands
    Atrix - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    -Veno Hmmm..... If you want to have a good sturdy build you should list importance points like this. MP is the #1 highest out of all your character points, Then Vit (but not too much) , a little pinch of STR and DEX . ( but by the way if you want a little bit more protection you'll need more DEX than STR.)
    Also imbuing Shards in your Armour will help out.

-Pets
    Torgins have a high level of defence , a little more hp than normal pets.
    Rare pets are pretty good too, high attacks but some may have low hp . (http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/rarepet.php .) hope this web helps out its pretty much Data for PWI items and lots of other stuff
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    being a high vit veno (almost 11k HP with barb's HP buff), I pretty much recommend the build... it's kinda costly tho'... refining doesn't come for free ;)
    DrkLordZ wrote:
    Don't bother wasting your time with vitality. It is better to shard your armor with Garnet Shards for physical defense. If you are going pure magic/arcane, then you will be a great damage dealer, but you turn out to be really squishy against Blademasters, Barbarians and espacially Archers. With a Light Armor build, you wont squishy, But you will hit like 20% less damage then arcane, you can also get a nix that hits way higher then most pets. Last thing is that their are great grinders. They will never die, unless ganged, and they can either heal full HP or MP every 5 minutes so you can grind forever.

LA Veno sux big time... it's not even good at pdef nor mdef... I can one shoot LA veno's and I'm not even a pure magic veno...
    when u have over 10k HP and a nix flying over u... not many BM's or Barbs are much of a challenge... unless they know how to PvP... and only a few know how to...
  • khabar
    khabar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As lvl 89+ Archer on RuPW I can say that pureInt build of Veno is my favourite. One good shot and the Veno is dead b:bye neither Nix, nor Hierogram would save u coz Nix won't have enough time to fly all the wawy to the target, and u'r likely to loose all ur HP in one deadly shot :)

Int-Con is the best build IMO, whether for PvE or for PvE. Actually that's the build I'm gonna use now on PWI Raging ^_^
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here are some links that may be useful in deciding what build to choose. I was messing around on the pw calc figuring the different builds. So I thought I'd share this with you. All builds are statted at lvl 100.

1st link is the light armor build (This is the build I personally use.) Attribute points per lvl: your lvl +4= str and dex. your lvl x 3= magic. 1 str, 1 dex 3 magic each lvl.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8fe6f68bd0240070

2nd link is the high-vitality mage build (this build has the most hp) Every 2 lvls: 6 magic, 1 str, 3 vit. (3 magic. 2 vit on even # lvls. 3 magic, 1 str, 1 vit on odd # lvls)

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8b9c5ac12edfb962

3rd link is the heavy/robe build (CAUTION: this is an extreme build, most complicated all around to figure out. Your ortaments have to have + magic, str, and dex in order to equip your weapon and armor.) There is not a set attribute point per lvl for this build, because no 2 heavy/robe venos have the same build. If you choose this build, its best to leave it till lvl 90+.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7eda854e5a66871e

4th link is the pure-mage (no vitality added, except for + stats in armors and(or) ortaments. This build is strictly for Pve, though.) Every 2 lvl: 9 magic, 1 str. (5 magic on even # lvls. 4 magic 1 str on odd number lvls)

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3303d914f95ee48e

I hope this helps out some.
    >.<