To the people QQing about 200k gold...

Nemesyk - Raging Tide
Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
are you people frelling mental?

1 gold = 200,000 coin

that's the ACTUAL VALUE of gold, forget about what it's being sold at in the gold trade house

here's why:

Perfect Iron Hammer is needed to open the 1,000,000 coin chest (reward from various instances)

Perfect Iron Hammer = 5 gold

1,000,000 / 5 = 200,000

basically, you spend 1,000,000 coin to buy that 5 gold (at 200,000 coin per gold) for that coin chest to give you your 1,000,000 coin back

that's the basic math to just show the point... Solandri or WarrenWolfy or one of the other resident mathematicians can do the actual math (including the gold house fee, and whatever else is involved)

i wash my hands of your ignorance, QQbabies b:bye

/semi-rant

sidenote to spoons: this is not meant as a troll, it is intended as both a rant and information post
Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
Post edited by Nemesyk - Raging Tide on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol whut the....
    if they be QQing about 200k gold price...
    me suggest they ragequit now and not wait to see the 500k+ gold prices
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wait what? 200k gold where?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited December 2009

New server

also shouldn't this thread be posted in the Raging Tide server specific forum?
    b:puzzled
    since we all know that gold isn't going to drop to 200k....in the other servers.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009

From the looks of it, Raging Tide.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    yes, they are QQing about raging tide not having gold at 50k...

but this is information that applies across the board, and thus i put it in general discussion

(gold may someday drop back down to 200k for you guys too lol)
    Retired Character

edited December 2009
    wtf....50k....thats like what....
    20 minutes of normal questing?
    not even actual mat farming....
    xD
    fudge its like 10 minutes if me actually go mat farming.
    b:sweat
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    wtf....50k....thats like what....
    20 minutes of normal questing?
    not even actual mat farming....
    xD
    fudge its like 10 minutes if me actually go mat farming.
    b:sweat

i actually have yet to get 50k in-pocket on this chara... my pro grinding skills are failing me D:
    Retired Character

• XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    mmm 200k.. seems like a distant memory.

with hammers and gold chests.. yea 200k is now the bottom.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yes, they are QQing about raging tide not having gold at 50k...

but this is information that applies across the board, and thus i put it in general discussion

(gold may someday drop back down to 200k for you guys too lol)

What??????? they want gold to be that low?!?!?!

I'll be happy if the gold was even at 250k each so the prices of everything will go down.. b:surrender

But I know that will never happen..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    Mikeymike - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    isn't it a low chance to get the 1m coins out of chest anyway?
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    200k gold is really cheap. the cashoppers over there had a chance to make gold 1mil a pop and they blew it.
    edited December 2009
    isn't it a low chance to get the 1m coins out of chest anyway?

you be thinking of the wrong kind of chest.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    are you people frelling mental?

1 gold = 200,000 coin

that's the ACTUAL VALUE of gold, forget about what it's being sold at in the gold trade house

here's why:

Perfect Iron Hammer is needed to open the 1,000,000 coin chest (reward from various instances)

Perfect Iron Hammer = 5 gold

1,000,000 / 5 = 200,000

basically, you spend 1,000,000 coin to buy that 5 gold (at 200,000 coin per gold) for that coin chest to give you your 1,000,000 coin back

that's the basic math to just show the point... Solandri or WarrenWolfy or one of the other resident mathematicians can do the actual math (including the gold house fee, and whatever else is involved)

i wash my hands of your ignorance, QQbabies b:bye

/semi-rant

sidenote to spoons: this is not meant as a troll, it is intended as both a rant and information post

Of course it's a troll. You lost my respect once you decided to resort to childish flaming and name calling.
    "frelling mental"
    "your ignorance"
    "QQ babies"

And then you try to pretend you're respectfully offering an informative discussion and harmless rant? Don't be a tw@t because people are complaining about your 200k gold, right or wrong everyone is entitled to their opinion.
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    Mikeymike - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you be thinking of the wrong kind of chest.

aww so no sadness cards?b:cry b:cry b:cry
    edited December 2009
    aww so no sadness cards?b:cry b:cry b:cry

b:cry
    opening even just 1 of those 1 mil chests of coins gives you sadness without teh card.
    (>.<)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I remember the good old days when people were outraged over the one million coin chests because they pushed prices up to 200k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lol but you can't deny the fact that gold used to be in the low 100k range before. So actually, your math is wrong considering the time that's passed. Anyways, 200k is low, but just wait until it spikes up to the 400-600k range again.

Nice math though, but a lot of people are going to flame this thread. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Of course it's a troll. You lost my respect once you decided to resort to childish flaming and name calling.
    "frelling mental"
    "your ignorance"
    "QQ babies"

And then you try to pretend you're respectfully offering an informative discussion and harmless rant? Don't be a tw@t because people are complaining about your 200k gold, right or wrong everyone is entitled to their opinion.

never claimed i was being respectful. hence the "rant" part. but you cant deny i'm providing valid information, so GG b:bye
    Lol but you can't deny the fact that gold used to be in the low 100k range before. So actually, your math is wrong considering the time that's passed. Anyways, 200k is low, but just wait until it spikes up to the 400-600k range again.

Nice math though, but a lot of people are going to flame this thread. b:surrender

nope, i dont deny gold used to be 50k-80k, then stabilized at 100k. but that was before the 1mil coin chest / perfect iron hammer got implemented. so now gold has an "actual value", and my math shows that
    Retired Character

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it is much harder to start a character out when gold is high. for me, i got enough coin to have a mount and +3 aero pretty much by 7x (and that's after i bought a bunch of molds too), with high gold prices i can still attain at least a +3 aero for my alts. however, it is through my main's merchanting, not my alts' questing/grinding, that they can get their aerogear. that's why i'm more or less indifferent - with high gold prices, the items i vend rise in price as well. not that i wouldn't prefer low gold prices lol

but people starting out are more likely to be frustrated by high gold prices. they don't have the coin base that i had by the time gold went high. it may be frustrating to not be able to get a fast aerogear and a mount until much later. give them a break lol.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    but people starting out are more likely to be frustrated by high gold prices. they don't have the coin base that i had by the time gold went high. it may be frustrating to not be able to get a fast aerogear and a mount until much later. give them a break lol.

Actually, I disagree with this. Unless someone sees people saying "Gold used to be 150k, now it's 400k", people wouldn't know that the price is 'high' for the game. They would just take it as normal for the game and earn appropriately.

So as long as we keep the past a secret, we can pass it off as normal b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • So - Raging Tide
    So - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Actually, I find it just in this version Perfect Hammer is way too expensive..
    The other version (Pw-My, Pw-Beijing, Pw-Ph/Ina), Perfect Hammer price is just 1 Gold / 1,5 Gold instead of 5 o.0

(for this I give credit to PWI marketing staff, for Items that rarely used, prob just twice for each Char, they make it expensive -- bcos almost everyone wants it's Final Reward)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Once upon a time gold costed 100k per piece... why? WHY?!! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Once upon a time gold costed 100k per piece... why? WHY?!! b:cry

thats what it was when i left this game, then i come back and its much higher lol. So im still thinking 200k per gold is high..but i just happen to be selling gold instead of buying lol. I have only sold 1gold for 200k. have 9 more to sell, someone actaully dropped it to 135k ea. for a bit yesterday and some people had a hard time buying it at that.

come on new sever people make some coin to buy my gold b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
This discussion has been closed.