Uhh...WTF?

The_Forgoten - Lost City
The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Hal my keybindings are reset every time I log in. This is very annoying. It only seems to happen with ones that are bound to open/close windows by default, like C. Anyone know why?
Post edited by The_Forgoten - Lost City on

Comments

• Murloc/ - Heavens Tear
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This has been happening to me as well. My only Keybinding change is swapping the Quest window to the "L" key, since it's what I'm used to... And every time I change characters, get DC'd, etc... It resets my Keybindings right back to default... This seems to be rather counter productive to the entire idea of being able to customize our Keybindings.

Seriously, why bother to allow us this level of customization if we can't save it for more then that current play session? It's like making you re-customize your character every time you log off. >.<
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah the key bindings are in fact bugged, or very poorly designed. Either way, I get the same result. Logging of any sort resets all hotkeys to default at this point. Personally I have gotten very used to the tab key alternating the bottom hotkey bar, and have no desire to start using another key for that. Auto target is cool, but was it really necessary to switch our hotkeys around?
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Well, at least its not just me. Hopefully a GM will read this and at least tell us that they are working on it. (While you are at it, let us keybind the extra hotbars instead of switching them around all the time plz)
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    We are aware of this issue and have forwarded it to the developers. Thanks for your details!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sihndra!??!
    Zmog?
    ello
    b:bye
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sihndra wrote: »
    We are aware of this issue and have forwarded it to the developers. Thanks for your details!

I've never met you before! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    NEW GM :O:O:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nah....don't think that be new GM. (Edit: well me suppose 2 days does count as new)
    me think me sensed her presence while running WQ.
    (o.O)'
    not quite sure though.
    (>.<)'
    me can't detect specific presence yet.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yes hamster that makes sence.......
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've never met you before! b:surrender

that means you must never have done anything naughty ingame b:laugh b:thanks
    NEW GM :O:O:O

nope, sorry. Been screeching around Archosaur since PWI was but a twinkle in a panda's eye. The other day when I was trying to upload my 58th screenshot collection in a dramatic series utilizing sepia palettes and neo-deconstructionist narratives in which I one-shot cactopods while the shadows lengthen to parallel the intensification of my expanding martial prowess, I mis-clicked and ended up here.

hello b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I one-shot cactopods

This is a lie. No one can kill a mighty cactopod. But the rest of your post seems legit :/
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    that means you must never have done anything naughty ingame b:laugh b:thanks

nope, sorry. Been screeching around Archosaur since PWI was but a twinkle in a panda's eye. The other day when I was trying to upload my 58th screenshot collection in a dramatic series utilizing sepia palettes and neo-deconstructionist narratives in which I one-shot cactopods while the shadows lengthen to parallel the intensification of my expanding martial prowess, I mis-clicked and ended up here.

hello b:bye

A panda's eye?! PWI is a world within Xarfox's eye? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sometimes my ASWD movement keys wouldn't work unless I open and close the key binding screen. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Freizante - Sanctuary
    Freizante - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The key formerly used for cycling the numerical hotkey bar (the key to the left of the top line 1 key), it seems is no longer recognised so can't be selected. Doesn't work for me anyway.

Thought I'd throw that little thing in.
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Does this mean we have weekend GM coverage on the forums now? That'd be sweet!
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    edited December 2009

O.o New GM? Anyways, thanks and np, lol
This discussion has been closed.