Thank you PWE...

2»

Comments

• Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i read earlier in this thread about a tideborn mentioning the lvl 20 Qingzi quest.

imo that quest is to counter act the no fb instance with the tideborn race. its not hard to find a squad to do it with all u need is a faction or even random people are doing tideborn runs because so many people need it.

i mean its a run where u stand back, attack the boss alittle and if ur lucky get a mold as a reward whats to complain about that
    psy don't get molds, they get mirages to (gamble on)refine their soulorbs. this also became a push to sell dragon orbs..
  • SnuggleWolf - Harshlands
    SnuggleWolf - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    psy don't get molds, they get mirages to (gamble on)refine their soulorbs. this also became a push to sell dragon orbs..

actually a psy in my faction got a mold from the quest but it was a lvl 30+ mold
    ALL SHALL FEAR MY WRATH AND MY.......SNUGGLES?b:puzzled
  • VicKaizer - Sanctuary
    VicKaizer - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Didn't read this whole thread, but I gotta tear this post apart.
    Within 24 hours we have level 80s on Raging Tide, a new server was meant to make us all equal, but now it's clear that PWE does not care about the non-cash shop players, and they've proven it right here and now.

What does it matter to you that some idiot wasted thousands of real life dollars levelling a character? Does it affect your game? At all? No, it doesn't. That's like having a newcomer to this game get pissed off that older players are at higher levels than them.
    I am unable to cancel my channeling on my Psychic (not playing an assassin)

I play both Psychic and Assassin, and neither of them seem to have this "channeling cancel" problem you do.
    All the quests have everything right next to the dispatcher

Okay....where's the gripe here? Not only that, not ALL of the quests have everything near their dispatcher. I've played all the quests up until level 19 so far, and most of them have you talking to someone in a city or settlement and rushing off to another part of the isle you're on or in some cases, on a whole other isle. I don't know what the heck you're talking about, but so far it sounds like you just want to gripe about something.
    THERE'S NO DUNGEON FOR 19!

Ever heard of patches? Ever heard of additional content? You think Tideborns will have no dungeon forever?
    There's bugged quests

Unless you mean typos and engrish, there are no bugged quests. I've played every quest through with my girlfriend, and we've had no problems as of yet other than some quests not activating due to me carrying her (I'm her taxi b:laugh). Those quests glitch, but they do so with any other class as well. I'm her taxi when we're playing beastkind classes too, and we've ran into that glitch a few times there as well. So basically...no, there's no glitched quests as of yet that I know of.
    the entire TB area lags like there's no tomorrow (nothing else does)

Have you been to Arch? I do agree though that it's a bit laggy, but guess why? Because there's a ton of people there. New classes = tons of people trying them out = filled cities = laggy game. Here's a protip: Alt+F9 does wonders.
    only 3 TT weapons? What gives?
    VicKaizer wrote:
    Ever heard of patches? Ever heard of additional content?
    I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now, I'm busy hauling **** to catch up with these level 80s..

See that's your problem. You act as if this game is a race. Well it isn't. It's an mmorpg that obviously has a very relaxed atmosphere. Stop being so competitive and ENJOY the game.
    3 very minimal areas I cleared in 4 hours..

You are a straight up liar. Not only are those three islands quite large, but no one would be able to clear them (and thus level high enough to complete ALL the quests) within 4 hours. Now I KNOW you're just griping for no reason.
    I've only found about 6 pets to tame

You know, that actually sounds like a good number of new pets. Not to mention many of the mobs you see in the TB areas are more on the evil/sentient side. So sorry, they can't be tamed.
    and let's not forget to mention the tideborn lvl 20 quest QUINZI!

I've not done this quest as of yet, but, seeing as you're griping about everything you can think of, I think you're probably blowing it completely out of proportion.
    edited December 2009
    some people just can't be grateful with the hard work and time that went into this expansion, i for one am grateful i love my new assassin and i found the tideborn quests quite enjoyable minus the lag which is expected with a new race
  • Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    but but but i thought the biggest argument for a new server was that it would "fix" the economy. too bad everyone with a brain knew this would happen when a new server was opened.

Haha winner :D

Well honeslty, I suspected it would take a month before it happened :D

But OT, what a load of QQ for nothing, everyone knew everything u said was going to happen. Only good thing about the new server is, if ur an addict and play alot (e.a. too much) ur gonna be in the top and that's fun for elite players. For the casual players, it doesnt matter which server ur on b:chuckle

Edit about the weapon token quests (how they are called):

At lvl 20ish u get ur first and u either get a mirage stone or a mold. 50/50 chance.
    At lvl 30ish u get the second, same principle. I had molds at both of em, first one u had to kill Qingzi, second hercule trioc. So whats there to complain with these quests -_-, if ur lucky u get a free MOLD. the lvl 22mold i got from the weapon token 1 quest i dont use anymore and sold it for 1mill. FREE CASH. Stop moaning and play the game. The buggs are normal, and the new server was ur own choice.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    it highly DOES matter, because high lvls jack up gold prices. try afording enough for a hammer at lvl 20. (which I was planning to save for later..) gold started 66k, next day 200+
    edited December 2009
    it highly DOES matter, because high lvls jack up gold prices. try afording enough for a hammer at lvl 20. (which I was planning to save for later..) gold started 66k, next day 200+

200k is cheap as **** i can make that in like 20 minutes or less, just wait till ur gold prices go back up to 600-800k then start complaining
  • DaWoman - Dreamweaver
    DaWoman - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Started playing in February this year, I have had 2 BM's, 2 veno, 5 clerics, 1 archer, and my current main is my barb on DW. I NEVER got a fkin free mold except when a friend of mine (ty much fancyme) gave me one that dropped during a bh run. >.< THAT is total BFS in my opinion. That's all I got to say.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    200k is cheap as **** i can make that in like 20 minutes or less, just wait till ur gold prices go back up to 600-800k then start complaining
    i'm sure it's bound to happen come january this is how predictable PWE is..
    edited December 2009
    Don't know why but dreamweaver got cheaper since the expansion b:victory
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:surrender man Psytrac you don't listen very well.

you esc is not a bug from the expansion it is a problem with the ping to their server sometimes it takes a long time the more people the more ping. Get over it

Actually this is bringing gold down so stfu before they jack it again.

And is it so bad that not every race gets a fb 19? You ever think their is a reason? I mean if you bothered to read the dam quests which their seems to be a serious lack of you would know there wouldn't be.

b:cute I like that they have such a random quest chain plus wtf are you talking about bugged quests I have done all the tideborn quests on the tideborn and none of them are bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lain - Harshlands
    Lain - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    but now it's clear that PWE does not care about the non-cash shop players, and they've proven it right here and now.

think they proved that a long time ago..
    edited December 2009
    Gotta admit, as a company, they're doing a great job, gotta hand it to them. b:laugh
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think we can all sum this up with a very large "Yawn"... Been there, done that. First off, the expansion is NICE. There are a handful more pets to Tame, and I've tamed every single one I could get my hands on, there's new areas to explore, quests to be had, and classes to play. There's an island where level 100s trot around. Tried that yet? Didn't think so. They'd eat your 20 fish in an instant. I've rolled the new classes, and as of yet, they seem quite balanced.

There's an issue of lag, but that's because most of the entire game rolled Fish the instant this came out. The only thing that really sucks about this entire situation is the Oracles, and while, yeah, I'm kinda pissed about that, it was honestly to be expected. PWI is a business, therefore, they need to make money. It's not like they claimed the Oracles were by popular demand. Although, in all fairness, judging by the people buying them, they were, in fact, popular. So what if some noob spends a ton of money buying everything? It's his choice, and when I find out how fail he is in a party, I can choose not to party with him ever again. However, with as long as this game has been around, chances are, some players didn't even have to use real money. They probably just transferred over a large sum of coins from their main, and popped away. And, really, is there anything honestly wrong about Twinking your Alts? I passed down a +10 Magic Tome to my Psychic. Going to QQ about me buying my way through the game? I earned that with my many Gamma runs. Do I spend money? Now, yes I do. I'm slowly trusting PW again, as they are starting to deliver on some of the promises, and as of now, I'm a relatively happy gamer. So, as a result, I put a little bit of cash into this game. Nowhere near what I used to, but they're finally getting out of the rut the Anny Packs put us into.

So, let's sum up the entire situation here as it sits.

Good Expansion = Perfect World FTW.
    Bad Oracles = Payment World FTL.

Balance the two out, and what do you get? A decent game. So enjoy the good parts, hate the bad parts until they go away, and get your happy **** back in game. Or, if you really can not stand what this game has become, click the shiny little Remove Program button, and watch your worries disappear.
  • Diskus - Sanctuary
    Diskus - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Unless you mean typos and engrish, there are no bugged quests. I've played every quest through with my girlfriend, and we've had no problems as of yet other than some quests not activating due to me carrying her (I'm her taxi b:laugh). Those quests glitch, but they do so with any other class as well. I'm her taxi when we're playing beastkind classes too, and we've ran into that glitch a few times there as well. So basically...no, there's no glitched quests as of yet that I know of.

My sin did not get the any sp from her lvl 19 culti quest, not to mention the quest dialogue wanted her to go to Plume for it. b:laugh
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey PW, this game has met my expectations and more! It is creative, colorful and adventurous. My grandchildren and I all play and can't get enough of seeing all the sights! Sure it has a few bugs to iron out and I know you will fix them as we all go along and play. I know it because PW always fixed problems before RT was released. I am on a fixed income like many of the players. I buy only what I need a little at a time. And occasionally splurge on big items. And occasionally splurge a little. Players, have faith and enjoy having a free site like this one to play it's so great!b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Anomandariss - Heavens Tear
    Anomandariss - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I actually am thankful to PWE.

The expansion is big for a f2p MMO, the new zones, classes and mobs are visually superior to what we have seen. New quests which reward large quantities of experience and SP to us, lvl 50+ players, so that's a great feature too. I had fun exploring the Tideborn capital with my newbie Psychic despite the lag, and even more fun completing the chain quests with my main barb.

Oracles - do you honestly care if someone decided to skip the game? I know I don't. Everyone chooses to play differently, and oracle levelers don't have an effect on my play style in any way - they don't slow my progress, neither make me less competitive. This game is very playable even if you don't buy Boutique items, unlike other "f2p" games, where you HAD to buy gear enhancements, otherwise you'd be useless in both PvE and PvP parties no matter how much time and effort you had put in your character.

I've played a lot of f2p MMOs, and thanks to them I realize the brightly shining gem PWI is.

Thank you, PWE. You have exceeded my expectations once again.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    b:surrender man Psytrac you don't listen very well.

you esc is not a bug from the expansion it is a problem with the ping to their server sometimes it takes a long time the more people the more ping. Get over it
    neither do you aparently.. I hit escape even before it casts, and I have no lag in casting, period
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    and before you go assuming I'm a troll, I'm not. I'm a 67 veno, who happens to have been playing on DW for a LONG time.

I haven't had any problems till I started playing a psychic with quests and channeling problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VicKaizer - Sanctuary
    VicKaizer - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    and before you go assuming I'm a troll, I'm not. I'm a 67 veno, who happens to have been playing on DW for a LONG time.

I haven't had any problems till I started playing a psychic with quests and channeling problems.

I've had no problems at all, and neither has my girlfriend. That's saying something, because my Girlfriend is and always will be an Everquest fanatic. Her main character class is Chanter, which is almost exactly what Psychics are, give or take a few abilities. She's an oldschool gamer, and would know a problem when she sees one. So far, I've heard nothing but praise from her, and when we both had taken a look at our skill trees, she was ecstatic. And so was I.

Perhaps there's a problem with just your game? Who knows. It's a gigantic expansion...try hitting the verify files button, if you truly ARE having real problems and glitches.

I'm still calling you out on the whole "4 hours to clear all three areas" deal. That's a straight up lie and, from what someone just stated earlier, one of the islands has level 100 mobs. And your main is only 60+? Really now? If you want to further your arguments, don't throw out a lie like that.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    I'm still calling you out on the whole "4 hours to clear all three areas" deal. That's a straight up lie and, from what someone just stated earlier, one of the islands has level 100 mobs. And your main is only 60+? Really now? If you want to further your arguments, don't throw out a lie like that.
    why don't you come on DW, and I'll gladly show I can best 100 mobs on my 67. as far as main, THIS is my main now, untill the unballence is far too great to matter, I'm rolling RT all the way.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    why don't you come on DW, and I'll gladly show I can best 100 mobs on my 67. as far as main, THIS is my main now, untill the unballence is far too great to matter, I'm rolling RT all the way.

Besting them is not really a big deal. Most classes can beat a single 100. Now, tell me, have you checked out the Palace of Nirvana? No. Have you talked to and gotten the new items from the NPCs out in that level 100 area? No. Have you played both the Psychic, and the Assassin to high levels? NO. So, really, you've done absolutely nothing in this expansion, except wander around a bit, QQ about what you're not finding, and whine about it on the forums. The expansion involves ALL things they have introduced, the classes, the lands, the new quests, etc. Most of which you have not touched. For example, the new Territory Wars. Were you one of the people who attacked the new land? I didn't think so. So, really all of your experiences in this new Expansion amounts to zero. Stop whining to us about how little there is, when there's still some of us finding new things simply by playing along.
    edited December 2009
    Besting them is not really a big deal. Most classes can beat a single 100. Now, tell me, have you checked out the Palace of Nirvana? No. Have you talked to and gotten the new items from the NPCs out in that level 100 area? No. Have you played both the Psychic, and the Assassin to high levels? NO. So, really, you've done absolutely nothing in this expansion, except wander around a bit, QQ about what you're not finding, and whine about it on the forums. The expansion involves ALL things they have introduced, the classes, the lands, the new quests, etc. Most of which you have not touched. For example, the new Territory Wars. Were you one of the people who attacked the new land? I didn't think so. So, really all of your experiences in this new Expansion amounts to zero. Stop whining to us about how little there is, when there's still some of us finding new things simply by playing along.

+1 b:victory
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oracles were introduced w/ teh new expansion inside the catshop. nuff said. what did u expect? for ppl just to not use them there too? wrongb:bye
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i did have a slight problem with channeling not stopping when i was using dragon breath on my wiz. it kept going and i was spamming the escape button until my mana pool went down the drain. i've had the same problem with not being to stop barrage occasionally as well.

those instances are occasional and very isolated tho, and had happened before the Tideborn expansion.

on the plus side i do believe the bald glitch is more or less fixed now.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bluemane - Heavens Tear
    Bluemane - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well im having fun on the new expansion, exploring the new area is so refreshing and the music in the back ground is awsom. Yes there are a few bugs to iron out but nothings perfect? Yes the New area is a bit small and you can do most of the starter quests in a day and end up in "Lagasaur".....but remember your playing a great looking game from the safety of your own home...so people spend alot of money on the game..they earnt it by hard work so why not spend it on there on-line hobbie...theres is worse you could spend it on (Drink & Drugs comes to mind). I have met a whole host of helpfull people in game , some are cash shoppers and some not but they all had the same goal and that was to ....HAVE FUN.

"Blue"
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    All threads are going to be locked or moved to the correct section. If you do not post in the appropriate section your thread may be locked. This is being enforced due to the influx of threads being placed incorrectly. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.