Minimum Assassin Build

cohen92
cohen92 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
Ok, Lets do some basic arithmatic.

To be able to wield the Level 45 Assassin Weapon you need 137 dex.

that means 3.04 repeating dex per level.

so lvls 2-15 add 3 dex with 2 skill points to play with per level.

at lvl 15 add 4 dex with one to play with.

lvls 16-29 again 3 dex and 2 free points.

at lvl 30 add 4 dex and one spare.

now Assassins are LA classed armour based. so obviously one point per lvl has to go to str to wear the armour.

I PERSONALLY recomend adding the extra point not going to dex and str to Vit.

goes a little something like this...

LVL 1 you got 5str, 5dex, 5vit
lvl 2 you got 6 str 8 dex and 6 vit
lvl 3 7 str 11 dex 7 vit
lvl 4 8 str 14 dex 8 vit
lvl 5 9 str 17 dex 9 vit
lvl 6 10 str 20 dex 10 vit
lvl 7 11 str 23 dex 11 vit
lvl 8 12 str 26 dex 12 vit
lvl 9 13 str 29 dex 13 vit
lvl 10 14 str 32 dex 14 vit
lvl 11 15 str 35 dex 15 vit
lvl 12 16 str 38 dex 16 vit
lvl 13 17 str 41 dex 17 vit
lvl 14 18 str 44 dex 18 vit
lvl 15 19 str 48 dex and 18 vit
so on and so forth every 15 lvls.
with every vit giving an additional 10 hp that's an additional +180 hp at lvl 15
and +320hp at lvl 30 and so on. giving decent survivability.

one could sacrifice hp for extra crit by going pure dex but anything that got ahold of you would hurt very much badly! the choice is yours to make.. But with the 'Sin being a melee class reguardless of stealth skills... I personally prefer being able to take a hit or two if I have to.
Post edited by cohen92 on

Comments

• Donnessa - Heavens Tear
    Donnessa - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm glad to see someone taking the "facts an reason" approach to the new builds. There's just too much high testosterone bull out there.

I'm downloading the patch as we speak, but I'd much rather follow a guide like this than one that says "do this or you're a noob".
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    2 of my friends and I are going with

5 dex one lvl
    2 dex, 2 str, 1 vit the next.
    then repeat...

Our critical hit is awesome! We are using a lots of potions but we gain more hp per 1 point of vit than archers ;) So far this is working out great...

D.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Actually, archers also gain 13 HP per point of vit.

As for the 3.04... I think it's safe enough to round that to 3. You can easily find a piece or two of +Dex gear to cover the .04.

It would appear that the absolute minimum is 3 Dex per level for Daggers, and 1 Str per level for Light Armor

That leaves 1 point to put into Vit (for 13 HP per point, and a tiny bit of extra defense), Str (for more PDef, and possibly for a variant Heavy Armor build), or Dex (More crit, higher PAtt, more evasion). Mag is useless, of course.

Personally I'm sticking that extra point into Dex, though I've seriously considered going the Str/HA route.
  • Posideon - Lost City
    Posideon - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok, so I'm definitely going to try and follow this. It's well thought out and you certainly did the research, nice work
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ok so far ive used this build and Im level 20 and going good:
    2 Str, 2 vit, 6 dex
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Saeryne - Dreamweaver
    Saeryne - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So far on my assassin I've used a 1 vit, 2 str, 7 dex per 2 levels build. I may increase the vit later, if I find my survivability a bit low, though.
    I didn't realize Santa was in a business. I thought it was all good will. Guess I was way off. - NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    My Chars:
    Nimithiel-Archer-7x(Faction: dreamless)
    Saeryne-Veno-7x(Faction: dreamless)
    Sonorous-Sin-2x(faction: Action)
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    At level 101 thats 100 points into vit instead of dex, so you're trading 1300 hp for 5% crit rate, plus 25% of the damage you would have if you went pure dex.

For me it's not worth it, but maybe I'm just too used to my archer.
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    At level 101 thats 100 points into vit instead of dex, so you're trading 1300 hp for 5% crit rate, plus 25% of the damage you would have if you went pure dex.

For me it's not worth it, but maybe I'm just too used to my archer.

I agree with this. Let's face it, we add VIT for the HP, not the defense seeing as how minuscule that amount is. If you want more defense, STR and MAG give much better boosts to defense stats. 1300 HP is a decent amount, but it's not hard to make up that HP with shards and refines at higher levels. It's definitely not worth losing the damage for, especially when you can have the HP and the damage later on.
  • Millenie - Dreamweaver
    Millenie - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I haven't been playing around too much yet, seeing as how crowded the new server's been, but the build I picked to work with for my assassin is as follows:

every 2 levels
    5 dex
    3 str
    2 vit

I figure that should give me enough stats to wear light armor and equip the daggers, and I'm just generally a stickler for vitality. Although I did have a slight heart attack when I saw just how much one of the skills was taking out of my mana bar in one go, but that's what happens when your main is a veno. b:surrender

Looking like the general consensus is at least 6 per 2lvls of dex, so maybe I'll be a clever girl and put that extra strength point into dex.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the only time you need vit is if your fighting a mob that can take out all your hp before you can kill it

whats the point of having more max hp when your leveling thou? you spend the same on pots maybe more if the lack of dex causes you to take an extra hit per mob
  • sniperad
    sniperad Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I haven't been playing around too much yet, seeing as how crowded the new server's been, but the build I picked to work with for my assassin is as follows:

every 2 levels
    5 dex
    3 str
    2 vit

I figure that should give me enough stats to wear light armor and equip the daggers, and I'm just generally a stickler for vitality. Although I did have a slight heart attack when I saw just how much one of the skills was taking out of my mana bar in one go, but that's what happens when your main is a veno. b:surrender

Looking like the general consensus is at least 6 per 2lvls of dex, so maybe I'll be a clever girl and put that extra strength point into dex.

I think the minimum of dex is 3 points per level. With only 5 every two levels you can't equip the daggers for your level.
    And...why 3 str every two levels? Are you going to HA? LA only needs 1 point per level, and the daggers damage is dex based and not str based. Why don't you try 7 dex 1 str 2 vit?
  • Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear
    Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    just some thing to make it clear:

about that lvl 45 weap, you do need 137 dex. but you start with 5 on lvl 1, so you have to add 132 in 44 lvls, so 3 dex each lvl is fine (132/44=3 ofc xD)

and about the strenght, you DO have to add 1 str EVERY lvl, cause else you cant even wear LA ; ) n you dont want that xD

another thing which most of you probably know already: get a MP helm, the HP helmets need WAY to much str for our builds

about vit, its just your choice and playstyle, if you can take it to be a squishy, fine by me, go max dex. If you wanna be a stable build i suggest you do atleast 1 vit every 2 lvls ^^ (im using 1vit a lvl atm, might switch to 1 vit for 2 lvls)
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    bahah im not putting dam vit. and using minimum str.

more vit, slower kill, more charm use lol. dex b:pleased
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also more dex means more evasion and when mobs miss that's zero damage, better than any damage reducation b:victory