a bit of QQ

Options
Matashi - Lost City
Matashi - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
ok 1st off i have a bit of vit. in my build like 800 hp i think at my lvl, dont know if its too much or what.. I have a sheet ton of dex in my build for sure the mobs die in less than 8 seconds 4 me buuuuuuuut....... DAMN!!! squishy as hell... i mean man... just wow.. i get half-healthed by mobs my own lvl.. so can anyone tell me if gets any better anytime soon cuz i ACTUALLY want to lvl and not spend all day picking herbs.. so ya does it get any better or am i gonna have to live a life as a life powder addict?b:surrender
As an assassin you learn the true meaning of the letters S.A.S. : SPEED, AGGRESSION, SURPRISE....
those are the three rules that must never be forgotten by an assassin....
Post edited by Matashi - Lost City on

Comments

• threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Add points into VIT.

Use a charm.

Use pots.

Use apothecary potions.
  • Matashi - Lost City
    Matashi - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ya thought so.. well at lest i cut down mobs like grass and take hits like glass
    As an assassin you learn the true meaning of the letters S.A.S. : SPEED, AGGRESSION, SURPRISE....
    those are the three rules that must never be forgotten by an assassin....
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The higher you get the easier it should become.
    Your Dex should start piling up into a nice amount of Evasion
    You'll have nice HP from Shard and refines
    And it'll end up fine. All Melee classes are annoying in lower levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it will get better. right now just have to deal with it for awhile :s
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok 1st off i have a bit of vit. in my build like 800 hp i think at my lvl, dont know if its too much or what.. I have a sheet ton of dex in my build for sure the mobs die in less than 8 seconds 4 me buuuuuuuut....... DAMN!!! squishy as hell... i mean man... just wow.. i get half-healthed by mobs my own lvl.. so can anyone tell me if gets any better anytime soon cuz i ACTUALLY want to lvl and not spend all day picking herbs.. so ya does it get any better or am i gonna have to live a life as a life powder addict?b:surrender

All day? Hardly. I spend about 10 minutes total auto-pathing to pick up some nectar and golden herbs while making high scores in Minesweeper, then the better part of 2 hours min/maxing my usage of life powders to ensure the biggest bang. There are also several things wrong with what you said:

If mobs are dying in 8 seconds, they're getting at least 5 swings off on you. That's not enough dex, or not enough points in skills, or not proper use of them. I ensure to get hit no more than two or three times per mob, with 20% evasion and 11.5% extra dodge, it's not uncommon to see a fight where I end up gaining hp by the time my target dies.

Vitality does not increase your survivability. More HP just means you have to fill more of it to be full. Points much better spent doing more damage and dodging more often. The only time more vitality will ever help in pve is if you take more damage in one fight than your hp can handle, and that's never going to be the case unless you end up trying to solo TT bosses, inwhich case you should be spending your points into strategy rather than relying on your hp pool.

Down-casting life powders: lame. Use every advantage you can get your hands on. That's like a cleric saying they're crutched because they have to rely on a mana charm.

I've yet to use outside help for my assassin, with the exceptions of the ghetto-FB we have and the weapon token (on which I got jacked, 2 mirage celestones my left ****). I haven't geared her up, nor given her cash she didn't deserve. This class is easily viable, the variable is instead with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Vitality does not increase your survivability. More HP just means you have to fill more of it to be full. Points much better spent doing more damage and dodging more often. The only time more vitality will ever help in pve is if you take more damage in one fight than your hp can handle, and that's never going to be the case unless you end up trying to solo TT bosses, inwhich case you should be spending your points into strategy rather than relying on your hp pool.

and yet so many people just don't understand this =x
  • Milesluminis - Heavens Tear
    Milesluminis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    in ma opinion, vit is a waste as assasin, not coz u get more evasion with dex (whats pretty useless coz mobs still hit u and light armor dont covers much dmg at all) u kill ur mobs pretty much faster ! dun waste to much points to vit if u r planing an pve sin,
    BUT if u r going to roll an PvP sin, u better should... on higher lvls (to be exactly against lvl77 chars) ur evasion will not safe u anymore coz misty!
    (and specialy against the class of ma choice u will need a higher HP pool coz our high def and HP we'll not fall in seconds {i got on ma lvl full buffed 6k HP+12k phy def..}so u should have some HP to cover a few hits...)
    in short:
    pure-dex=PvE(and soloing most stuff)
    much dex combined with a few points on vit = PvP
  • kokomoshi
    kokomoshi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Vit = defence (along with STR)
    Vit = Max HP
    Vit = Hp regen

Vit is definately useful for survivability
    althought i agree that if you have enough dex u can kill the mobs fast enough an dnot nee dto worry about it (I myself still put a littl einto vit just for hp regen and little less squishyness)
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dam vit adds defense? **** everyone lets go pure vit for the defense it adds b:shocked

the defense you get off vit is next to nothing, hp regen is pretty useless since it's cut down so much when in combat, the only time you should be out of combat is if your killing a small spawn and your waiting for them to respawn

and later you have 6 bits of equipment you can shard and refine for more hp but you only have one you can shard and refine for more attack