Bugs in the Expansion

Aadi - Lost City
Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
There are plenty of threads that have the individual bugs that happened when the expansion came out, but I figured it would be easier for the GMs to see all the bugs if they were in one spot, so they could just consult one list. I'll update this with bugs that people post on this thread, or ones I see on other threads.

For reference, here are the issues listed as being known in the patch notes:
Known Issues:

Tournament Agent - Currently this event is under construction. It will be up and running as soon as possible.

Cho Wenchun NPC for the "Once and Again" marriage quest does not appear.

When opening and closing the Key Binding window using only the Key Binding menu icon, the player is unable to use the keyboard for any functions.

Changing the skin color of the Tideborn will only change the body and not the face.

Selecting the new Widescreen button from the systems window will occasionally crash the client.

Merchant Ironox – Blunted Lance Stand – Rewards in the Sample tab cannot be redeemed.

Some localization in the game may not be correct. This will be fixed in the next update

Issued not addressed in that post (Most important are bolded):

-Genies appearing/disappearing (equipped but invisible)
-Screen flashing black in TB area
-More jumbled message errors than normal
-Quest list shows all at logon
-Key bindings do not remain after logoff
-Hard/impossible to stop Psychic channeling
-Cannot upgrade any Tideborn wings
-No 79/100 skills for Tideborn
-No Dagger section in Auction House
-Map does not work properly on widescreen monitors, cannot teleport to Tideborn area
-Rainbow Cloud Tideborn wings are requisite level 10, not 20 as written in the Boutique
-Cannot change eyeliner, lip color, or eye socket shape on Tideborn customization
-Quest items go into regular inventory instead of quest item inventory
-The infamous hair glitch
-Aggro issues
-Pressing CTRL doesn't turn off safeties
-Supply Stash level 5 gives level 10 weapons for Tideborn
-Rainbow Cloud wings change name to Spectral Haze when bought
-Refining window is partly in Chinese and incomprehensible (Fixed, thank you PW!)
-Disappearing clothes/armor issue (Still PW?)
-Petting Barbs in true form doesn't work with Tideborn
-Hiding UI not working properly
-Magic defense buff still glitched
-Female cleric icons show up as male clerics on the map
-All races are receiving the "Jumps and Flights" quest for the Tideborn
-Tideborn debuffs are not able to be purified, and buffs are not able to be purged
-Tideborn mob changes name when tamed to Dark Wanderer
-Super Safe and Super Cage stones have the descriptions of Super Inventory stone in the Boutique
-Tideborn wings cannot be bought again once lost

Post here and I'll add them b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
"We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
"You live for forums. Like seriously."
Post edited by Aadi - Lost City on

Comments

• Xroalia - Dreamweaver
    Xroalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I actually had the disappearing genie problem wayy before the expansion.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I actually had the disappearing genie problem wayy before the expansion.

All the people that I've talked to never had the problem before. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • chaosempress
    chaosempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i cant use my tideborn coz when i log in a error message comes up and crashes right away.

its the 2nd day this has been happening. and occured after recieving the timed quest to kill the sketelfish (whateva they r called) at lvl 12. when i went to the area to kill them the error came up and crashed. i have tried 6 times to play but still same error.

54795538.jpg
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Updated with a few more common errors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UmbraLupis - Heavens Tear
    UmbraLupis - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'll jsut second that wierd black flashing screen thingy. I updated my drivers and directx- still does it. Don't know how to solve it, but it is REALLY annoying. It stops temporarily if i blindly click the "best performance" button above my portrait.

P.S.- Yeah, I'd also like to have my face color match my body color...x.x
  • JMillie - Harshlands
    JMillie - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've had the screen blinking probelm and then my whole server crashed because of it.
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There was talk of a rubber band glitch on the tideborn areas as well. I think it was mostly on the cliffs leading to the islands or something. I've heard that it was also going to be looked into as well.

Either way, it'd be nice if the Devs looked into the rubber band glitch, period.
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i have been called "young man" by npcs at least 5 times already...... is this a glitch or are the npcs supposed to be stupid?
  • iceman000
    iceman000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That glitch where u log onto ur char and a error pops up happen to my blademaster i had to delete him. all my other chars work expect for him good thing he was still low lvl try sending a ticket to gms
  • _grimreaper_ - Lost City
    _grimreaper_ - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i only have had the dissapearing genie bug but my assasin skin colour matches her faceb:cute
    why is my avatar a wolf while i clicked the lionb:cry
    ill burn the forumb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Azula - Raging Tide
    Azula - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The Auction House still hasn't a Tideborn section as for daggers!

Also, you can't trade Mysterious pages at PW Boutique Agent for Sin or Psych skill books.
    Born as a Sin,
    living a life full of death.
    The crimson liquid colored the snow,
    the eyes full of agony, you don't wanna know. ~Azula, Assasin, Infamy

Arcrueid...reroll...NAO!b:angry
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my assasin skin colour matches her faceb:cute

same here, only I made a male psycho - its skin tone is the same all over. however - all tideborns look identical to me. no hair, all same color, etc etc etc. Only difference is clothing/armor/weapons. I'm sure this was addressed elsewhere as well.

not sure if I'd call it a "glitch" or just an oversight on programming, but the PM chatbox behavior has changed. Before the expansion patch, you could hit enter to type on two different lines such as:

1. go here
    2. do that

now, the pressing of the enter button no longer allows this function but instead causes the chatbox to loose focus, raining down a barrage of windows as I continue to type. will take some getting used to, but if they were gonna change the behavior of the enter button in the chat box, the least they could have done was make it so that pressing enter would SEND THE MESSAGE.

changing the default keybinding of TAB was a terrible move IMO, and yeah they were nice enough to provide a means to remap it back the way we want it to be. however (and I know this is mentioned above) some key bindings just dont stick after logging out. TAB button being used for cycling the F key bar is one of them, even though I've changed "target monster" to the HOME key (which actually does stay assigned).b:surrender

other than that, things seem pretty decent thus far. time will tell if the lag factor will chill out in Raging Tide city. Its worse there than west arch always was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Whenever you cast a voodoo or soul of vengence at the same time a mob respawn, you get immediate agro(even if the mob is normally passive). That's quite dangerous.b:shocked Also, someone mentionned that it was hard/impossible to stop channeling your spell as a psychic, which also happened to me a few times...
    Also, while auto-pathing on foot back to archo, I had a lv21 tree/dryad deciding he was an agro mob(I had done nothing to it). Not a big deal since I could out-run it with my base speed, but that was quite random.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Updated. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have an issue regarding the Tracking of accepted / current quests.

Before the patch I could select individual quests that I wished to track.

Since the patch, all quests are automatically tracked. When I try to deselect a quest to be tracked. The quest momentarily disappears but immediately reappears.

There also appears to be issues with one or two fo the monsters / world bosses that have since been implemented in the new Tideborn area. Killing them results in no experience, no spirit and no drops.

Ancient Sea Dragon?

Fish monster quest near 619,170

I am willing to bet that there are more issues like this but these are the only ones that I have noticed either directly or via posts in the forums.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I have an issue regarding the Tracking of accepted / current quests.

Before the patch I could select individual quests that I wished to track.

Since the patch, all quests are automatically tracked. When I try to deselect a quest to be tracked. The quest momentarily disappears but immediately reappears.

I can solve this problem for you. Click "Track/Hide All" first, then individually track them. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I can solve this problem for you. Click "Track/Hide All" first, then individually track them. b:victory

Aadi ==> b:kissb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Aadi ==> b:kissb:kiss

I try b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also, while auto-pathing on foot back to archo, I had a lv21 tree/dryad deciding he was an agro mob(I had done nothing to it).

One of them is aggressive. Also, sometimes you will find non-aggressive individuals in aggressive species.

However, so I am not totally off-topic, here: in some tideborn locations, my water quality settings get ignored (these places have nasty frame rate issues, though, so this might be a deliberate choice for their initial release, until they can get some underlying problem fixed the right way).
  • slodoc
    slodoc Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    actually I have a problem too.. I don't know, whether it's a bug or I just can't fix it, but here's the thing.

Before I was able to switch between shortcut bars pressing TAB, now I have to press V. So-I changed the settings in the "shortcut organizer", but every single time I restart the game, the things reset and I'm back to using V button instead of the TAB as I wanted.. Any help, please? :)b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    slodoc wrote: »
    actually I have a problem too.. I don't know, whether it's a bug or I just can't fix it, but here's the thing.

Before I was able to switch between shortcut bars pressing TAB, now I have to press V. So-I changed the settings in the "shortcut organizer", but every single time I restart the game, the things reset and I'm back to using V button instead of the TAB as I wanted.. Any help, please? :)b:surrender

That's in my list of bugs that aren't addressed, the keybindings don't seem to stick. So nothing you can do for now b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheshiekitty
    cheshiekitty Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Everytime I try to play a TB character my screen flashes black and I can't see my character. It's definitely the TB too, because all my other characters play just fine. Urgh and I really wanted to play TB....b:cry
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Everytime I try to play a TB character my screen flashes black and I can't see my character. It's definitely the TB too, because all my other characters play just fine. Urgh and I really wanted to play TB....b:cry

I feel for all of you with this problem. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    me too.
    (>.<)
    luckily for me.
    me don't seem to have that problem either.
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Confound - Harshlands
    Confound - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    For some reason with my psychic, the F (F1, F2, etc.) keys don't work as shortcuts when I'm PvPing. I've tried it while holding ctrl and also with protections off. I have to manually click all the skills in order for them to work.

I'm not sure if that is the case for any other of the classes, but they definitely work on my archer.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I noticed that with the new quests from the Tidebron Elder or Emerald Moon that items obtained for their quests appear in the regular items section rather than in the Quest Items section as they have, for the most part, previously done in quests (E.g. World Quest items appear in the Quest Items section).

I don't have any specific examples at the moment as i've now already completed those quests as far as I can but anyone who is doing them or has yet to do them could quote the specifics.

Pretty minor in scope but i'd thought I should mention.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airhart - Sanctuary
    Airhart - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i go with the blinking thing. i have a friend who was playing the game but it started flashing so he went back to char selections but it was still happening and then it crashed. why does the tideborns have so many problems?
  • Sacrifice - Raging Tide
    Sacrifice - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There was talk of a rubber band glitch on the tideborn areas as well. I think it was mostly on the cliffs leading to the islands or something. I've heard that it was also going to be looked into as well.

Either way, it'd be nice if the Devs looked into the rubber band glitch, period.

i agree. i love the tideborn expansion actually, but the little things like that make it a pain to play. i can't go anywhere without getting stuck on something, and i'm used to jumping around things or running through them to get around faster, but that just delays it more. i would LOVE for that to get fixed, as well as the skin issue going on... and the eyeshadow was disappointing </3 i love making my characters have super weird makeup :( oh well, i'm sure it'll all get fixed sooner or later b:surrender

and thanks for posting b:victory it's a lot easier checking this than a million other threads for the issues b:pleased
  • Serrinity - Sanctuary
    Serrinity - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Don't forget the infamous hair glitch where some hair styles have changed to another previously available hair style (the id number is switched, I think) and also some hair styles that characters had have been changed and the previous style is no longer available from the customization menu.

And great idea putting it all in one thread. I was thinking about doing that too.

There are also a very large number of typos in the TB quests, especially ones that tell you in the NPC text to kill a monster but the name is incorrect, probably the name from the MY-EN version. When the quest shows up in your quest window, it's correct, just not in the NPC text. I remember this happening with the quest to kill the flaming and glacial walkers, but I think there was another quest or two with the same problem.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a glitch or it's supposed to be like this, but when fighting non-aggressive monsters in the TB area, sometimes when I kill a monster, another one of it's kind will come at me from up to 20+ meters away and begin attacking me. This is not the same as some aggressive monsters. I have seen aggressive monsters in FBs and also in other areas that will attack you if you attack another monster near them. However, this is not the same. Those monsters always attack if you attack one near. These only attack sometimes. And often they don't attack until I've killed the first monster. A few times they were ones that respawned the very second I killed the first monster and they began attacking. These also attack from a ways away, so far that I'm pretty sure that even if they were ALL aggressive monsters that I would not be close enough to aggro them.
    Leader of EdensStar
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    o ya me forgot to add....
    when trying to PvP with safeties on....err..
    holding down control doesn't work anymore apparently.
    b:shocked
    me got around it by just turning off all me safeties and avoiding aoes.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.