"Unable to connect to server."

qwertyabc123
qwertyabc123 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
hi..i havent played pwi for like 4months now. im trying to get back to playing but it keeps saying "Unable to connect to server." no matter what server i try to join..can someone pls help me?b:sad

i dont understand how i cant connect now, when like 4months or so ago, i could, just fine..nothing's been changed with my computer, its the same old thing as it was before..
Post edited by qwertyabc123 on

Comments

• SnuggleWolf - Harshlands
    SnuggleWolf - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sure tech support is that way <
    ALL SHALL FEAR MY WRATH AND MY.......SNUGGLES?b:puzzled
  • qwertyabc123
    edited December 2009
    sure tech support is that way <

okayy soz dude, i dont play much pwi..i only have 1 lvl 15 character andd yeah i just really would like to check out the game again. andd if you could tell me how to move it to tech support, i'd really appreciate it coz obviously, this is my first time in the forums..lol.
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Have you downloaded the newest patch? Checked to see if your firewall is blocking pwi, checked to see if windows firewall (it's really dumb) is blocking pwi?

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • qwertyabc123
    edited December 2009
    Have you downloaded the newest patch? Checked to see if your firewall is blocking pwi, checked to see if windows firewall (it's really dumb) is blocking pwi?

~S

yes..i've done all those..nothing works. ive read other similar threads, they've tried all those too and it still doesn't work for them.
  • qwertyabc123
    edited December 2009
    anyways, i guess its time to call it the day..i've been trying and trying and its pretty frustrating..hopefully someone finds a solution to this soon!! :((
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    anyways, i guess its time to call it the day..i've been trying and trying and its pretty frustrating..hopefully someone finds a solution to this soon!! :((

I know it can be frustrating when you want to play and can't.

Try a couple of these things and see if anything helps....

1. check to make sure your version of windows is fully updated. Not just the automatic updates, but the optional ones as well. Sometimes a new driver shows up and you would be surprised at how often that can fix a buggy game. (I am assuming your running windows, as you didn't state otherwise)

2. Download a program that will scan and test your RAM such as

http://www.memtest86.com/

download the iso image and burn it to a cd. Then boot from the cd. Easy as.
    Also for a cd with all the trimmings try

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Run the Ram tests and if it throws any errors, your problem might be a balky or failing stick of ram.

Barring that, check in tech support section and see if anyone there can help you better than me :-)

~Saitada
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also if it's a wireless laptop, make sure theconnection strength is high. If it is a weak signal then it will not allow you to get on.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • ChunkNorris - Lost City
    ChunkNorris - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol everytime that happens i just close client wait a few minutes open again n bang im online on my wizard again b:cute
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    129057782560238934.jpg

~Saitada
  • qwertyabc123
    edited December 2009
    lol everytime that happens i just close client wait a few minutes open again n bang im online on my wizard again b:cute

wish that worked for mee..:(
  • qwertyabc123
    edited December 2009
    pls, someone help me, i still cant get on!! b:cry
  • Dazed - Raging Tide
    Dazed - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Maybe you should try uninstalling PWI and reinstalling it as that might be your problem. If that does not work for you then you may want to consult with Tech Support for further assistants.
  • Wahayv_Adage - Sanctuary
    Wahayv_Adage - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I had a problem similar to this before. Try verifying your files in the initial screen before starting up the game. I think it catches any files either missing or that may have been corrupted or messed up during an update. Best of luck!

Edit: forgot to mention, verifying files may take a few minutes to a few hours x_x
  • ChunkNorris - Lost City
    ChunkNorris - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I had a problem similar to this before. Try verifying your files in the initial screen before starting up the game. I think it catches any files either missing or that may have been corrupted or messed up during an update. Best of luck!

Edit: forgot to mention, verifying files may take a few minutes to a few hours x_x

in my case verify takes over 4hrs lol T_T too good this error goes away soon for me.
  • qwertyabc123
    edited December 2009

ok, i just verified it, and it still isnt working!! omg im getting soo pisseddb:angry i've been pretty much moving my way across thse icons, next icon i might put is the surrender one >:(
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    All threads are going to be locked or moved to the correct section. If you do not post in the appropriate section your thread may be locked. This is being enforced due to the influx of threads being placed incorrectly. b:victory
  • qwertyabc123
    edited December 2009
    wowowow. im so pissed, i completely reinstalled te game, still doesn't work. even did system restore on my computer just for the game, still doesn't work. wtf?!!@ im ohhh sooo pissed . i've never had so much trouble with a game before. EVER. D:
  • Wildknight - Lost City
    Wildknight - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i have the same and i tried all its necesary to make it log on but it doesnt matter what i try it still saying unable to connect plz someone do anything!!
    b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.