Population and status of game!

poopalongtheside
poopalongtheside Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Just wanted to know if the game have alot of people playing it and is this game another grindy korean game? just got out of **** because of its massive grind and i was wondering how fast can you get to 100? i know its an mmo and i cant expect to be max the first day i play..so give me your thoughts!
Post edited by poopalongtheside on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    unless you be loaded with cash it's going to take you....too long.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poopalongtheside
    edited December 2009
    what do you mean? like buy exp scrolls or whatnot?
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you're loaded with cash and have nothing better to do with it, buy oracles upon oracles and you can level up to 100 in a couple of days. If you wanna play for free like I do and rely on quests to level up, it'll take a long, long time to level up.
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Population is great and rising (hence new server just opened), game does require a fair share of grinding, but most of it is done by way of questing until 60ish. Late 60's is where the game starts to get intereseting IMO, new options start to open up as far as dungeon type activities instead of questing/grinding. It will take awhile to lvl unless you spend alot of money on simple "quest" scrolls called oracles (but please don't). Personally I'd hafta say it's one of the better F2P MMO's out there, but if you need to feel uber, prepare to break out the credit card, often.... =)
  • poopalongtheside
    edited December 2009
    ahh thank you for the quick reply!! but cn i ask what do these oracles do? and how much are we talking about? maybe $30? $40? to $100?
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just wanted to know if the game have alot of people playing it and is this game another grindy korean game? just got out of **** because of its massive grind and i was wondering how fast can you get to 100? i know its an mmo and i cant expect to be max the first day i play..so give me your thoughts!

Whats the point in getting to 100 within a few days?
    It would diminish the point of getting to 100 because everyone would be there too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • poopalongtheside
    edited December 2009
    didn't you read what i posted? i said i don't EXPECT to be 100 in a few days.. im asking people how long will it actually take and to actually match the people who have been playing this game since it came out
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lol, well sky's kinda the limit, but oracles give you a quest to kill one boss in exchange for exp and a small sum of money. Another post broke down the cost, but you could easily spend 2k+ in Rl money if you so desired to be endgame lvl in a few days. Mind you everyone would realize you came from nowhere, oracled yourself up, and have no clue how to actually play your toon. You probably wouldn't enjoy that route very much:P
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    didn't you read what i posted? i said i don't EXPECT to be 100 in a few days.. im asking people how long will it actually take and to actually match the people who have been playing this game since it came out

You said I dont expect to be level 100 in the first day
    I said first few days
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • poopalongtheside
    edited December 2009
    lol wth $2000 in a game? holy ****
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if u dont spend ANY money expect to hit 100 in at least a year......unless u play the game 24/7 then u can MAYBE do it in less than a year....and as far as spending money to lvl up quick...ud need WAY more then 20, 40, 100 dollars like ur sayin...more like $2k + like sumone above me said.....but also...if u lvl that fast u would just be lvl 100....no good gear..and no knowledge and experience with the game just sayin ;)
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I know one person in particular who has spent well over $2,000.00 on this game. The actual amount is unknown, but I'm pretty sure it's at least over $5,000.00 to-date
  • poopalongtheside
    edited December 2009
    ah i see and you joined october and ur already 70+ so i guess its not that bad. well im going to give this game a try im bored and need to have a relaxer after work
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im pretty sure i joined maybe only 1 or 2 months earlier than that...but thats just when i joined forums....but ya gettin to like 65 is easy...its from there it starts goin by sooo slow to lvl up..and it only gets harder...trust me i got nuthin to biitch about lol...but its still too long for me to lvl lol

and ive spent...30 bucks in cash shop and play alot....and im doin just fine....but just remember its not a race just enjoy the game, and itll grow on ya trust me
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The game isn't hard to understand, may take a week at most to understand mechanics but its fairly simple after that.

Now choosing a class would be the hard part b:laugh
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ah i see and you joined october and ur already 70+ so i guess its not that bad. well im going to give this game a try im bored and need to have a relaxer after work

Dont rely on join dates. The sign up for the forums are seperate from the game sign ups. So if someone never used the forums, they could be level 90 already, then make their 1st post & it'd say they joined today but are level 90.
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol wth $2000 in a game? holy ****

I've spent that much easily and then some between my various characters and accounts.

~Saitada
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the game is easy enough lol...

cash shop items are available from ingame coins too...(u dont have to waste real cash for it)

but if u plan on usin real cash

be a veno and get a herc+nix
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it will take you about a year to get to 100 if your good. and yes this game is a GRIND FEST. proceed with caution.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Honestly the first 30 levels can be done in about one, at most two days... then you can get about two levels a day till lv.35 and one level a day till lv.60 or so. That's playing fairly relaxed, just running missions that you find in different towns and cities.
    But yeah expect it to take at least a month to reach lv.75 if not two. After that... well thats when it gets slow.
    Oracles ftw they pay for expansion-glitch fixes! You don't have to use them s(~_^)b

At leve 85 you have access to almost all of the dungeons, but of course they're adding new higher level dungeons!

Ps- Oops didn't see there was a second page!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]