Oh Family Fun

2»

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i too was what was considered a rebellious youth. really tho i was just trying to have fun. i was drinking, drugging, and sexing at like.. 12 or 13. fortunately, my parents were never the kind to pretend that adult things didnt exist when i was in my childhood, and i knew to use protection, and be smart about where, when, and with who i did these "bad" things.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was one of the people growing up with an "over-protective" mother. She didn't let me spend the night anywhere, I could hardly go places with friends, and I didn't know the meaning of boyfriend until I had an ultimate crush at age 16, heading into 17, and I practically demanded her to let me seek it out. I didn't have my own room, my own computer. Nada. Plus, she was over-religious. And we didn't have a lot of money at all.

Did that turn me into a ****? No. Did it make me a serial killer? I don't think so. Her methods weren't perfect, not by a long shot. But I knew that the love she did have for me kept me going day by day. Where imperfections came in, perfections that did arise grew in comparison to the imperfections. When I made my mistakes, we got through them together, and she reassured me that she only wanted the best for me, especially since my father wasn't around. I didn't have a lot of sayso, but I came out a wholesome adult.

I was considered very intelligent, charismatic amongst my peers, and had a very close circle of friends. And now? I'm going for not just my A.S in Technology, I'm going for a double major for a B.A at my Uni. When I look back, I feel that if I was raised any differently, I would turn out different. Many people can't blame the raising solely on the parent. The child must determine what type of life they wish to live as well. And, if you let things like PWI, wrestling, Harry Potter, anything influence your outlook on reality, I really fear for you.

For those teens out there that want to be "Adults". You're brilliant and bright. You know better than to let the media twist and turn you into something you don't want to be.
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was one of the people growing up with an "over-protective" mother. She didn't let me spend the night anywhere, I could hardly go places with friends, and I didn't know the meaning of boyfriend until I had an ultimate crush at age 16, heading into 17, and I practically demanded her to let me seek it out. I didn't have my own room, my own computer. Nada. Plus, she was over-religious. And we didn't have a lot of money at all.

Did that turn me into a ****? No. Did it make me a serial killer? I don't think so. Her methods weren't perfect, not by a long shot. But I knew that the love she did have for me kept me going day by day. Where imperfections came in, perfections that did arise grew in comparison to the imperfections. When I made my mistakes, we got through them together, and she reassured me that she only wanted the best for me, especially since my father wasn't around. I didn't have a lot of sayso, but I came out a wholesome adult.

I was considered very intelligent, charismatic amongst my peers, and had a very close circle of friends. And now? I'm going for not just my A.S in Technology, I'm going for a double major for a B.A at my Uni. When I look back, I feel that if I was raised any differently, I would turn out different. Many people can't blame the raising solely on the parent. The child must determine what type of life they wish to live as well. And, if you let things like PWI, wrestling, Harry Potter, anything influence your outlook on reality, I really fear for you.

For those teens out there that want to be "Adults". You're brilliant and bright. You know better than to let the media twist and turn you into something you don't want to be.

I am going to just say this. You have reasons to be proud of yourself and your mother. I wish you well, happiness and success in life.

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited December 2009

And Pot_head. . . So you know how to be an **** and talk big on the internet, Big Freakin Deal. . . Go out and do something decent with your time then trolling a forum and trying to flame people

lol talk big I'm just expressing myself >.>
    I can't it's 2:05 am and it's the weekend I'm bored and going to bed lol.
    I'm not flaming people either they shouldn't comment back!
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am going to just say this. You have reasons to be proud of yourself and your mother. I wish you well, happiness and success in life.

~S

I appreciate that. I wish you the same as well. And before anyone tries to think I'm extremely older than the teens in here. I'm 19 years young =3.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I appreciate that. I wish you the same as well. And before anyone tries to think I'm extremely older than the teens in here. I'm 19 years young =3.

i am 23, totally immature, and proud of it =D

"i may grow old, but i'll never grow up"
  • Fishey_dude - Dreamweaver
    Fishey_dude - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Anyways I'd like to start off saying I'm not "brainless", in fact irl I'm a really nice, polite, and caring person; I also have straight A's. I'd like to continue by saying that the school I come from has many "brainless sex-craving teens". I know that it's a relatively nasty stereotype but it's true. There are people out there who are mean, and it is the age group.

EDIT: I'd like to say that I am not afraid to post with my real char. It's teh_fishey if you're wondering.
  • IDaun - Raging Tide
    IDaun - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My mom is... pretty lenient when it comes to what I play online, who I talk to, what info I give out, etc. She doesn't really even know what PWI is, 'cept the fact that I frequently tell her I'm off for TW. After playing PWI for a while... I can't say I've been negatively influenced in any way whatsoever. People are asses-- tell me something I don't know. I've seen people be more of an **** IRL than in this game.

I learned how to cuss like a sailor from school and my father, not from the internet (though, I have expanded my vocab by using google). I learned how to be an arrogant, stuck up, know it all **** from my father (though, I try not to be). I really doubt the internet is usually an influence on people as much as some parents think it is.

The teens with a '5th grade writing level' are the ones that refuse to try, anyway. It's easy enough to keep your writing skills and still be online/texting. I don't even use abbreviations that much in texts, even though my cell phone is half-broken and it takes forever to text now. And people still complement me on my writing, I have good grammar, all that ****.

Stop judging people by their age, and start judging them for their stupidity (or lack of stupidity). I know a 10 or 11 year old that plays this game (on a family account), and you would never guess. She's random sometimes, yeah, but, I've seen older people much more random than her. For the person that said '18+', that would do nothing but get rid of a good portion of the player base and block the teens that are a good contribution to the PWI community.

Oh, and I'm 14, if anyone wanted to know.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's nice to see a Teen with a brain and who uses it.

-________________-

gee .... tnx

its sad that u have to lie about ur age for ppl to take u seriously...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My mother, older sister, and I all play this game together. As of last night actually, for about ten minutes we were all the same level b:chuckle

It makes for a more interesting experience. Before my mother played, she didn't really understand as well what was going on beyond it's a game. Now I can talk about people I know through the game and she'll know who I'm talking about, and she'll have her own interactions with them as well. She's more open minded, especially from the mother a few years ago that wouldn't let me have any friends online (before I started playing MMOs).

Some moments just weird me out though. I never thought I'd hear my mother saying she couldn't drive me to the bus stop in the cold because she got into a free BH69. b:surrender Families playing the game though, if it's done right, gives adults and teens something to talk about with each other and connect to each other with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I never thought I'd hear my mother saying she couldn't drive me to the bus stop in the cold because she got into a free BH69. b:surrender

XD lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The contents of post 1

I agree with:

Post 3, Post 5, Post 9, Post 16, Post 17, The first half of Post 18, Post 21, Post 24, Post 30, The first half of post 31, Post 33 ( lol ).

Hi.

I think this is a great thread topic. Thank you for making it. I agree with a lot of what you said. I struggled to fracture those kinds of stereotypes people would place on me simply because of my age, not more.

I found many times I could get along with adults easier than people my age, I suppose I just didn't have a lot in common with oothers my age because of my maturity. I was often criticized because of it, for example I could discuss a variety of things which I considered interesting, useful and important outside of hormone activity. I was a bit forced to mature because of my childhood. I had much more to say but it's not wise to share it with the community, I can forsee the outcome.

I don't like worldchat, I think a large portion of it is foul and offensive. There are a lot of mean and hateful people in the game, kids or adults acting like children. I have encountered several people like this resulting from people insulting me, kicking me from parties because I have good gear and all sorts of terrible and senseless things. This is why I solo the game. I have been solo for about 6 months now. I let Other players ruin the game fun for me so I need to be alone always. I prefer that.

Today I struggle with some of the same problems I faced as a younger person. You get different service when you go places when compared to older folks, I supppose that's just how it is until your age can better reveal your wisdom.

Sometimes it's the few that ruin it for the majority and sometimes its the majority that ruin it for the few. You are the few, it's good to see that in this day and age. I would say make your own path, think for yourself and don't let anyone stop you. Always side with your logic and reason over your heart until you are satisfied with where you progress in life and your and completely ready. You will go far if you choose to do so. If you ask life for a penny you will get exactly that.

Best wishes, SemperHacker
  • Chic_Sigh - Heavens Tear
    Chic_Sigh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *rolleyes*

One thing which will never cease to amaze me is how some peeps will be so offended with expressions of natural and tender love between lovers but same people have no objection to gun-totting violence, killings and even genocide which, to them is perfectly normal to themselves and their children.

In other words, to the perverted ones:

love = bad
    kill = good.

Takes all kinds, hey? go figure...

b:question
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *rolleyes*

One thing which will never cease to amaze me is how some peeps will be so offended with expressions of natural and tender love between lovers but same people have no objection to gun-totting violence, killings and even genocide which, to them is perfectly normal to themselves and their children.

In other words, to the perverted ones:

love = bad
    kill = good.

Takes all kinds, hey? go figure...

b:question

^ This ^

Before you can even touch PW with a ten foot pole, I suggest you get worse games banned from the world. Mario for instance.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In fact the new Assassin skills are somewhat bloody... But it's kinda indicating that no one complains about those skills, what I could understand more than about the sexuality...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009

thats great! isnt it fun! it used to be that people played board games together, but this is SO much more fun. im so glad to have this kind of chance to play with my family. we do quests and FBs, etc together, share equipment, make stuff, ....its kind of like being a very tiny guild.

My mother, older sister, and I all play this game together. As of last night actually, for about ten minutes we were all the same level b:chuckle

It makes for a more interesting experience. Before my mother played, she didn't really understand as well what was going on beyond it's a game. Now I can talk about people I know through the game and she'll know who I'm talking about, and she'll have her own interactions with them as well. She's more open minded, especially from the mother a few years ago that wouldn't let me have any friends online (before I started playing MMOs).

Some moments just weird me out though. I never thought I'd hear my mother saying she couldn't drive me to the bus stop in the cold because she got into a free BH69. b:surrender Families playing the game though, if it's done right, gives adults and teens something to talk about with each other and connect to each other with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have just realised...

My third post in this thread seemed to leap onto the first page and become my first. That is screwy. My own post ninja'd my other posts. D8

/random
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I really can't play a game with my family, honestly. My mom plays Everquest II, my younger sister Fiesta. My sister played until lvl40 with me until she got bored of feeling so weak compared to me and switched back to Fiesta. My mom didn't like the game and stopped at lvl10.

It'd just be... awkward to play with a family :x But thats just me and my style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my first mmo, some other game, i brought a few friends, a 40+ year old mother and her then 14 year old son. after a few months of playing that game, his personality went completely down the tubes. he was verbally abusive, arrogant, stubborn. he was basically acting as if he were his character IRL (his mom cash shopped about 5k to get him uber gears).

maybe it's because his mother cash shopped about 5k to get him uber gears *shrug*

i mean if you're going to spoil a kid like that, it's bound to happen MMO or no MMO.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this looks like it belongs in off topic b:victory

It does. b:shocked