Tideborn rubber banding issue info

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
In the 659, 147 area of the Tideborn part of the game world, players can get caught up in a glitch where the game will keep rubberbanding back and forth.

Please try to be careful around this area.

If you are high enough level, you can fly out of it, or teleport out.

If you are run by the ledge near the elder, you can get unstuck.

This has been reported and is being looked into.
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    good to know
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2009
    It is also possible, depending on where your character gets stuck, to get out by running along the ledge around the building, towards the Elder.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Drazothesas - Dreamweaver
    Drazothesas - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    It is also possible, depending on where your character gets stuck, to get out by running along the ledge around the building, towards the Elder.

Thanks Surtr, this was one of the places I managed to get stuck at with my Psychic earlier. b:victory (I love jumping and running on walls and such when exploring)
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Drazo - Wizard - Heavens Tear - Retired
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i have a proven work-around for those who can't fly or town teleport

basically, come to a complete stop, just remove your hands from the keyboard and mouse until your character stops rubber-banding and comes to a rest. once at this point, hit the spacebar to jump straight up, then either click or hit W to move -away- from the building (go towards the cliff). when you reach the highest point of your first jump, hit spacebar again to use your second jump, and continue moving away from the building, to jump off the cliff

both me and my GF have been caught up in this area a few times, and this technique has proven 100% successful for us. hope it helps you all as well b:victory
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^I tried that when I got stuck, and rubber banded back to the ground when I jumped up. So it doesn't work all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    ^I tried that when I got stuck, and rubber banded back to the ground when I jumped up. So it doesn't work all the time.

drat >_<;

had hoped i had finally found something that was 100% helpful >_>

btw, i think i saw you running thru the tideborn area on Raging Tide server andracil... at least someone using your name anyways
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol

with the rubberbanding, the flashing screens, the incorrect hairstyle changes, difficulty downloading/installing patches, i rename this the Rising Fail Expansion
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It isn't that bad really.... b:chuckle

I just experienced a couple of odd glitches at nearly the same time on my first day. Yesturday I noticed numerous localisation errors and a typo in a certain quest log description.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulFishPT - Sanctuary
    SoulFishPT - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am stuck at 659, 121 so plz dont come here

I need help, I just cant get out, im here for 3 hours and still nothing.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Use the Town Warp skill (press R) if you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulFishPT - Sanctuary
    SoulFishPT - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I already tried it, It doenst work T.T

Many people already tried to help me with no sucess :(
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    Tailzz - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah i really hate the flashing screen where tideborns start off. I cant even play a new tideborn character because of this b:sad
  • Tactica - Lost City
    Tactica - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A small side-note, I guess.

Majority of the times, the suggestion about stopping movement, and then jumping, or moving away will work.

However, i've found from personal experience, it also seems to depend on 'where' you land, or how.

Just a rough example. Standing on an object like a forge, a rock or something similar, be it in a lowered-altitude, such as an instance, or even at say, Arch forges. Most of these will result in a 'rubberband' effect, simply jumping away after you've stopped moving won't rectify the problem, you have to land on normal terrain.

On things like mountains, hills, etc., where falling or movement is 'guided', or when you get 'stuck', then it still seems to apply.

Personal experience only, but i've not actually managed to get myself stuck to the point I can't get out of the area without a Town portal.
    ~ A little less flame, a little more spark, a little less light, a little more dark. ~
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So that's what happened. Huh. Good thing it was my Veno who was there and not my Tideborn, or I'd have been in trouble.

Good luck on fixing it!
  • iban218
    iban218 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think i found a way around the rubber banding... but you need a patience and don't mind window mode. set your screen to windowed instead of full screen and patiently make your way through the area
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i had this problem yesterday
  • Dark_Princ - Harshlands
    Dark_Princ - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When i enter my assassin character all of the other characters from tideborn are bald or characters from human elf and untamed dont look like in the picture when you click on them.What should i do?
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When i enter my assassin character all of the other characters from tideborn are bald or characters from human elf and untamed dont look like in the picture when you click on them.What should i do?

This happens when you use the Performance switch (which temporaraliy lowers most of your settings to the minimum to boost frames per second and decrease internet bandwidth). However, if you log out or switch characters with it still on it will save this. You'll have to manually set your settings back again. Remember to tick "Customizations" under the "UI" tab in your settings.

P.S - This is the wrong thread to post this. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kingofwind
    kingofwind Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hi ive been stuck for almost 24 hours now. location 654,282. Tried jumping, running, town portal (doesnt even start channeling).
    This is a major bug in the new expansion that needs to get fixed right away.

Otherwise your character risk getting "kidnapped" by the game and the only solution so far is to hit the delete char button and start all over.. ;(

By the looks of other posts here it seems this bug can be found at several different places around the new expansion so tread very carefully if you like to explore.
  • Theft - Harshlands
    Theft - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have had this problem also on the bottom left island in the expansion. I dunno the coordinates but one of the holes with the misty stuff and a floating rock in it if you jump in does the rubber band glitch... Luckily for me the Town Tele worked and I was able to get out. b:pleased
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i have a proven work-around for those who can't fly or town teleport

basically, come to a complete stop, just remove your hands from the keyboard and mouse until your character stops rubber-banding and comes to a rest. once at this point, hit the spacebar to jump straight up, then either click or hit W to move -away- from the building (go towards the cliff). when you reach the highest point of your first jump, hit spacebar again to use your second jump, and continue moving away from the building, to jump off the cliff

both me and my GF have been caught up in this area a few times, and this technique has proven 100% successful for us. hope it helps you all as well b:victory

^^ This is what i did when i got stuck a few days ago near the outside wall of cloud temple.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • waqar#8656
    waqar#8656 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Guys i have directx proplem i recently install windows 7 and it have directx 11 and the requirement is direct x 9.0c can u guys tell me what can i do to resolve this problem
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    @veeky,

Post in the appropriate part of the forums and make a new post if you need to. Please do not hijack threads.

The game plays on 2000, XP, Vista and 7.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • _kageyoshi_ - Heavens Tear
    _kageyoshi_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i got stuck there when rising tide first launched. i got out by running back the way i came and using the speed booster button. (i dont know what its called) took me a few minutes. =X
This discussion has been closed.