Increase FB Drops?

Options
PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear
PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
How do you get more drops from FB's? I've done my FB19, 29, and 39s now, and should be doing my FB51 soon. The first two, I didn't really get anything, while I got some regular one/two-star equipment and maybe a three-star pair of boots or something for my FB39. But from what I understand, am I not supposed to get a mold or something once in a while?
Post edited by PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No you are not.
    b:chuckle
    sowwys
    just run alot more FB/BHs and molds will drop.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How do you get more drops from FB's? I've done my FB19, 29, and 39s now, and should be doing my FB51 soon. The first two, I didn't really get anything, while I got some regular one/two-star equipment and maybe a three-star pair of boots or something for my FB39. But from what I understand, am I not supposed to get a mold or something once in a while?

Molds are a 'rare' drop. In the hundreds of Call to Duties I have done, I have only gotten 5 mold drops so far, 4 of which I gave away.

~S
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

try doing em with people your level not a high level squad. high levels lower your chances of getting anything at all

good luck getting people your level who want to do that however
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    try doing em with people your level not a high level squad. high levels lower your chances of getting anything at all

good luck getting people your level who want to do that however

That. But the next factor of the level of squad members is just pure luck. I once had two molds drop from one boss with a lvl 80-90+ squad on my FB59. Where are all the people who claim not using bless box increases drop rate, killing all the monsters, and using the head pills b:puzzled b:beg b:shutup
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah - mold drops are, at their best, rare.

If they drop, they drop - and good for you.

They get.. I won't say they get less rare later on - but you have more chances to get one, and even a tiny chance has to come up once in a while.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The only way to get a big surprise like that is just before the boss dies around 10% health left is to hit these keys CTRL ALT F4 at the same time.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well...tell the squad to dont pick the mobs drops that works for me ... i get one mold in fb39 that way when someone from the squad pick something boss dont drop anything :/
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I've probably gotten 5 3*s and nothing else in all of my fbs (19,29,39,51,59,69,79) 7 FBs worth b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well...tell the squad to dont pick the mobs drops that works for me ... i get one mold in fb39 that way when someone from the squad pick something boss dont drop anything :/

Lol. That's bulsht. You also telling them to not pick up any stamps? b:laugh

Seriusly, only lvl of your squad effects the chances. Not equiping the blessox, not picking up mob drops yes or no, not jumping around and dancing right before the boss dies, not...

Well, you get my point
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • AoiKagerou - Dreamweaver
    AoiKagerou - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You might consider doing what I did - I created a low-level character which I took on all my fb runs. Its sole purpose was to lower the average level of the squad. I just load her in on the other computer, put her on follow me, and then build my fb squad with 4 other members. Works like a charm for me - in my fb 39 I dropped 2 molds, and in my fb59, and 79 each I dropped another.

I also do many fb runs for lower level toons - being an 85 cleric I'm in high demand for fb's. I suggested this for a lower level friend a few weeks ago, in her fb - she took my advice, and Wyvern droped 5 molds when we killed it at the end of the run.

So that's my advice, I know it works... but as always it's a luck thing. So good luck to ya!
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what Aoi said....
    me once had a faction cleric (level 34 ish at the time me think) running around in a FB39 and FB51....
    3 stars dropped both times.
    (O.o)
    no mold though.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dcing right before the boss dies often works, especially if you're the tabber :D
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i hear that if you kill the first 4 mobs then leave dungeon and go back in your chances for a 3* are greatly increased.

if a 3 star drops, reset the dungeon, and drop the 3* you just got as soo as you enter without moving around. don't let anyone pick it up, just let it disappear, then a mold will drop from the boss that dropped a 3 star.

true story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i hear that if you kill the first 4 mobs then leave dungeon and go back in your chances for a 3* are greatly increased.

if a 3 star drops, reset the dungeon, and drop the 3* you just got as soo as you enter without moving around. don't let anyone pick it up, just let it disappear, then a mold will drop from the boss that dropped a 3 star.

true story

that is... the dumbest idea i've ever heard. >.>
    edited December 2009
    Options

true story

Don't forget to drop the mold right before the last person leaves the instance. That'll cause something awesome b:laugh
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Guess not then. In that case, is there any boss that a BM can solo that will give good drops?
  • PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You might consider doing what I did - I created a low-level character which I took on all my fb runs. Its sole purpose was to lower the average level of the squad. I just load her in on the other computer, put her on follow me, and then build my fb squad with 4 other members. Works like a charm for me - in my fb 39 I dropped 2 molds, and in my fb59, and 79 each I dropped another.

I also do many fb runs for lower level toons - being an 85 cleric I'm in high demand for fb's. I suggested this for a lower level friend a few weeks ago, in her fb - she took my advice, and Wyvern droped 5 molds when we killed it at the end of the run.

So that's my advice, I know it works... but as always it's a luck thing. So good luck to ya!

Is that what they call "Multi-clienting"? Just saw this stickied post the other day, and wasn't sure what it meant.
  • IDaun - Raging Tide
    IDaun - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you're axe build (or spears, to an extent) you should be really good at AoE grinding/farming. Try that. A good amount of DQ items can build up your bank in no time. Kinda dull, though.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No, the GMs will not increase your FB drops.

What you can do is try and follow all of the useless, ridiculous, funny and potentially stupid ideas people come up with, claiming they will increase your drops. They won't increase your chances of course, and you'll be more disappointed when you come out with nothing - but it's the fun that counts, right?

If you want better drops, cross your fingers. You might want to try making a squad closer to the level of the FB you're running, as I hear that is yet another thing that can potentially increase the chances of drops. [This is a theory supported by regular mobs - the closer to their level you are the more chances they drop item X. Try farming rough fur from wolves at 20 and then the same wolves at 80. You'll get more rough fur at 20 in a shorter period of time.]

Have fun either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is that what they call "Multi-clienting"? Just saw this stickied post the other day, and wasn't sure what it meant.

No that be multi boxing.
    it be allowed.
    multi clienting be not allowed.
    b:surrender
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you're axe build (or spears, to an extent) you should be really good at AoE grinding/farming. Try that. A good amount of DQ items can build up your bank in no time. Kinda dull, though.

No, multi-clienting, as defined in the TOS is running more than one client on a single computer. So far as I know, running multiple clients on multiple computers with a single human controlling them is not a bannable offense, nor even remotely covered by the TOS.
  • IDaun - Raging Tide
    IDaun - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No, multi-clienting, as defined in the TOS is running more than one client on a single computer. So far as I know, running multiple clients on multiple computers with a single human controlling them is not a bannable offense, nor even remotely covered by the TOS.

Um... was that in response to mine?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Why no, this is called duel-boxing or multi-boxing.

Multi-clienting is playing PWI on more than one client on the same computer. Duel-boxing is playing PWI on one client per computer, on two or more computers. Big difference. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Um... was that in response to mine?

whoops no... lol sorry - i must've clicked the wrong reply button.

<---- noob-bucket. pay no attention to me. :P
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Alt+F4 is a secret cheat code to quadruple fb boss drop rate :D
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Alt+F4 is a secret cheat code to quadruple fb boss drop rate :D

Only works if you use it right before the bos dies