"I'm not a Cleric, I'm a Paladin!"

losstarot
losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
It's so cute when you elves say this; never mind your weak heals, low hp (even though you claim your defense makes up for it) and general lack of skill, it's quite adorable for you play pretend in such a way that gets others and yourself killed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ahhhhh the smell of troll......b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lolwutfail

SS or it didn't happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    lolwutfail

SS or it didn't happen

Someone called him fail so he is butt hurt....Post on your main and then deal with our weak heals b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2009
    Someone called him fail so he is butt hurt....Post on your main and then deal with our weak heals b:cute

lolumadOP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    lolumadOP?

b:boredb:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2009
    b:boredb:question

You obviously don't speak troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyogashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Inb4lock. b:pleased

On that note; What "Clerics" have you been speaking too that refer themselves as Paladins..? >_>;

I don't know if you're aware but uh... This game has no class called "Paladin". Don't feel bad though, everybody makes mistakes. b:chuckle
    Please, call me Kiyo. b:thanks

"..Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... "
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ugkz7d.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hahaha b:chuckle or go spam some pots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So, no one got the sarcasm referring to the groupthink of players using flawed builds just to be different?
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Depends what you call a failed build.

Personally, I think im pretty close to a 'Paladin'. Light armor, high defense with Vanguard, slotted with decent HP gems. A total of 1750 hp at level 42, strong heals (albeit not as powerful as I could be pure mage) and decent attacks.

I won't pretend I can tank high level bosses or anything, but I've had no problems holding my own against targets that would normally tear squishies to shreds before they get a single spell off.
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the "Paladin" was some fail axe cleric on Heavens tear. should've rolled a bm imo.b:bye
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lolwutfail

SS or it didn't happen

look at the threads i made...

the name will reveal the srceenies lawl <.<
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Depends what you call a failed build.

Personally, I think im pretty close to a 'Paladin'. Light armor, high defense with Vanguard, slotted with decent HP gems. A total of 1750 hp at level 42, strong heals (albeit not as powerful as I could be pure mage) and decent attacks.

I won't pretend I can tank high level bosses or anything, but I've had no problems holding my own against targets that would normally tear squishies to shreds before they get a single spell off.

The only difference is that the ''paladin'' build uses heavy armour and melee weapons and a low lv magic weapon to heal with.

P.S. LA cleric ftw b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009

lolwutproof

...damn...good job delivering.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lol...I remember seeing an axe-wielding, heavy armor cleric parked in Dreamweaver while I was doing my WQ...I was pretty shocked, lol.

But if you don't like a certain person's choice in how they build their character, then by all means, you don't have to party with them or anything. xD To each his/her own!
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WTF is wrong with a "paliden" -.-

I use a paliden too, and no i'm NOT a fail just because I decided to have a bit of fun with the game. I don't pretend to be as good as a standard cleric, I warn my party in advance, and I keep my rez, buffs, heals, ect maxed and have bb and rb just incase. And @ Black_Ice...roll a BM? I'm level a 80 freaking 7 BM. Don't be a tw@t because someone isn't obsessed with being the "best" like you are.

I like how the OP decides that someone who tries an original build obviously has no skill.

People sometimes ask me "how the heck did you reach your level"? And I'm like..."Easy O.o It was even easier than my BM". Basically I know what I'm doing and make the most of everything available...and I love the challenge of it, it's what makes the game that bit more interesting and fun.

So before you decide to troll someone different from you who actually plays a gamefor fun...think a second. It might prevent you making an idiot of yourself. The amount of competitiveness with some people is astounding :/

Lol, just checked that screenie a second ago. :P

Lyth is in my faction, wasn't online for a while but level 60 now and doing pretty well. Really nice guy too.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Lol, just checked that screenie a second ago. :P

Lyth is in my faction, wasn't online for a while but level 60 now and doing pretty well. Really nice guy too.

i dont see the point of clerics wearing HA when u can be a BM and sue the lvl 29 heal....(not rly strong but ok...lol)

EDIT: why do u sound familiar and he was 6x when i met him
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i dont see the point of clerics wearing HA when u can be a BM and sue the lvl 29 heal....(not rly strong but ok...lol)

EDIT: why do u sound familiar and he was 6x when i met him

For fun? And besides, cleric heals are infinitely superior to diamond sutra, 5 mag or not. Plus you can buff yourself anytime, anywhere and you have purify.

But yeh, basically for fun. Is it really that hard to explain? :/
    Not everyone plays to be the best and pwn everyone, some people maybe have alts and making a bm like everyone else would be too easy and they want to add a little more challenge and interest to the game.

Yeh, he only got back on the last few days. And me familiar? O.o
  • Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    OP's either just being a troll, or he's too imature to accept that others have their fun in different ways in a game. Also, what Seiowan said up there renders OP's statements moot. Sounds like the "paladin" build pwns more than the mainstream build from that post.

Heck, I was gonna make a character in a PK server just to get PKed constantly. Does that make me fail? No, it just means I want some lulz between boring grindfests with my main character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    The only difference is that the ''paladin'' build uses heavy armour and melee weapons and a low lv magic weapon to heal with.
    Heavy armor?! I think my intelligence dropped a notch from merely reading that.

Whats the point in creating a cleric if half the time you can't even use any of their skills? Yeah... definetly a failed build. Words truly fail me. I don't think there's a single bearmoticon which truly expresses my utter horror at discovering this build.

b:shocked
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    a cleric calling themselves something other than a cleric is the equivalent of a mental patient that swears he can fly. lets lead the fails to the roof now.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Heavy armor?! I think my intelligence dropped a notch from merely reading that.

Whats the point in creating a cleric if half the time you can't even use any of their skills? Yeah... definetly a failed build. Words truly fail me. I don't think there's a single bearmoticon which truly expresses my utter horror at discovering this build.

b:shocked

Heavy build isnt automatically fail. You can wear heavy and compensate for the reduction in mag resistance in much the same way as arcane users do for phys. Your weapon shouldnt be melee though just from the fact that you'd never approach the damage you could be doing with a magical weapon.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I beat down a lv 45 Bm with Budda's leaf one day. That was pretty funny maybe he is refering to an event like that.b:victory sounds like a BM who got magic rapedb:shocked
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    For fun? And besides, cleric heals are infinitely superior to diamond sutra, 5 mag or not. Plus you can buff yourself anytime, anywhere and you have purify.

But yeh, basically for fun. Is it really that hard to explain? :/
    Not everyone plays to be the best and pwn everyone, some people maybe have alts and making a bm like everyone else would be too easy and they want to add a little more challenge and interest to the game.

Yeh, he only got back on the last few days. And me familiar? O.o

my definition of fun is not making a flawed char...

its making 1 that can use all of its skills to the max....

maybe its just me idk...
    lolwutproof

...damn...good job delivering.

b:victory

i know :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Heavy build isnt automatically fail. You can wear heavy and compensate for the reduction in mag resistance in much the same way as arcane users do for phys. Your weapon shouldnt be melee though just from the fact that you'd never approach the damage you could be doing with a magical weapon.
    You'd also have to equip a weapon that's considerably lower than your level, which would again drastically reduce your potency both in melee and in magic. The loss in magic resistance doesn't bother me nearly as much as the extremely weakened magical attack and utter reliance on non-magical melee weapons to do any real damage. The attack damage on magic weapons isn't strong to begin with, by equipping one thats many levels below your character you only make yourself even weaker.

I can see what they're trying to achieve with this build, but I just don't see how anyone could pull it off without driving their magical potential so far underground that it's barely a flicker. And without any melee-oriented skills, they're not even that good at combat.

We only get so many stat points b:cute
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    You'd also have to equip a weapon that's considerably lower than your level, which would again drastically reduce your potency both in melee and in magic. The loss in magic resistance doesn't bother me nearly as much as the extremely weakened magical attack and utter reliance on non-magical melee weapons to do any real damage. The attack damage on magic weapons isn't strong to begin with, by equipping one thats many levels below your character you only make yourself even weaker.

I can see what they're trying to achieve with this build, but I just don't see how anyone could pull it off without driving their magical potential so far underground that it's barely a flicker. And without any melee-oriented skills, they're not even that good at combat.

You can attempt to build around these problems- thats half the fun of using heavy! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    You can attempt to build around these problems- thats half the fun of using heavy! b:chuckle

gz on 100 o.o?

last time i saw u were 99 i think...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my definition of fun is not making a flawed char...

its making 1 that can use all of its skills to the max....

maybe its just me idk...

Who's to say that that's everyone's though? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    gz on 100 o.o?

last time i saw u were 99 i think...

TY! Got there eventually! b:chuckle

Last 4 months been slow going because I was back at university-so mostly i could only play and do daily on weekends! 6___6
    --Retired--

• FissureX - Lost City
    FissureX - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's not a boulder

it's a rock!
This discussion has been closed.