Str for Assassin.

Pug - Raging Tide
Pug - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
Was just wondering if 40 STR for an Assassin is too much, too little, or just right. Currently my stats are Vit:20 Dex:47 Str:38 Mag:5.

I'm quite OCD so i'm not okay with keeping my Str at 38, but I want to know if 40 is too much to begin with. But even if it is, it might be good to have some extra str. Btw, I'm level 19.

After I get 40 Str I plan on going pure dex.

P.S: This is only my third char I've tried to make. The others were flops.
I'd like to know if I'm doing okay so far.

Thanks ahead of time for any helpful posts b:laugh
Post edited by Pug - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nexdonuum - Lost City
    Nexdonuum - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Was just wondering if 40 STR for an Assassin is too much, too little, or just right. Currently my stats are Vit:20 Dex:47 Str:38 Mag:5.

I'm quite OCD so i'm not okay with keeping my Str at 38, but I want to know if 40 is too much to begin with. But even if it is, it might be good to have some extra str. Btw, I'm level 19.

After I get 40 Str I plan on going pure dex.

P.S: This is only my third char I've tried to make. The others were flops.
    I'd like to know if I'm doing okay so far.

Thanks ahead of time for any helpful posts b:laugh

Do not, and I repeat, do not cap your strength at 40. That is a very good way to only being able to use just your FB 19 weapon. Remember, you need to add strength on average of 1 point per level to keep up with both your weapons, and your armor. Yes, you can get away with 3-4 dex per level, but for Christ's sake, keep adding strength.

edit: I personally use the stat build of 1 str, 4 dex on odd levels, and 1 str, 1 vit, and 3 dex on even levels. Every 5/10 levels I will be adding 1 point in mag, but that's because I'm reckless (and I really want to have a decent amount of mana/mana recovery, so that I can use the stealth skill longer ^_^ ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick learning Apprentice in the Arts of Subtle Killing.
  • Pug - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Hmm well I have no idea what FB 19 Weapon is...But I wasn't planning on capping my Str. I was just asking if it's okay for my level. I'm not adding anything into Mag. Ever.

I'll be surprised if I even play this game past lvl 40. To be honest, I'm surprised I made it to nearly 20.
  • Nexdonuum - Lost City
    Nexdonuum - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh, sorry. FB 19 weapon is the Trial (insert weapon type) that you get for killing a boss at the end of the First Battle, or the level 19 dungeon. Every race (Untamed, Human, Winged Elves) has their own dungeon where they get these tabs which give all squad members a good exp reward for killing the boss. Turn in that tabbed quest, and you talk to the Elder of your city which in turn he gives you a weapon of your choice for your troubles.

And seeing as you said you weren't planning on capping your strength, I guess I must have misread that then. Unfortunately I haven't made my assassin up to your level yet, nor any character with this stat build, so I'm not entirely sure if that's the best for your level, but that's the good thing about being low level'd, you can either alter how you feed your stat points, or you can reroll with minimal time lost. b:victory Do you know what stat build you're using? Or are you just adding points into random stats as you feel is needed?

Well, I was thinking the same thing (in reference to you saying you'd be surprised to make it to 40) around your current level, but I have to admit, the game grows on you. If you can nevermind the little flaws that this game has, it's an outstanding game, for being Free To Play (FTP) and all that jazz. I would say that when you get to 40, you will be more and more immersed into it. If you don't, then to each their own, no worries. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick learning Apprentice in the Arts of Subtle Killing.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your best bet is look at the HH99 weap and see what the str req for it is. Look at any new equip stats and such then you know your max str ^.^
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Pug - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    I don't know what Re-Rolling is, but if it requires starting a char over, due to screwed up stats, i'd probably end up quitting. I'm already getting tired of all the running and travelling required to get anywhere.
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Don't worry. 40 str is really too much for an assassin at your level. You can avoid to add it even until level 4x i guess lol :). isn't necessary to re-roll cause you've only added str before the right time. I'm only worried about your leveling. With so less dex it'll be difficult at your level :(. Now you can concentrate only on dex (5 point every level) until you reach i think level 40+. Keep an eye on your armor requirements and when str will not be sufficient anymore, begin to add with 1 str and 4 dex every level. Good Luck >_^
  • Pug - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Alright, thanks mate. I'll keep that in mind.
  • DaiTenku - Sanctuary
    DaiTenku - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    str should be level + 4, that is LA armor requirement.
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm already getting tired of all the running and travelling required to get anywhere.

Sorry that you have to actually move to do anything.

QQ moar kthxbai. b:bye
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Agree with post about Str for LA armor requirement , unless you planning to run around naked ( since even high level daggers requires only Str 44 which is even less then Arcane "tools" of same level if not mistaken b:shocked)