Help Please - Why Can't Tideborns Upgrade Their Wings?

Options
AoiKagerou - Dreamweaver
AoiKagerou - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Hey folks... the title basically says it all.. I have the new TB class wings (which inexplicably are called Rainbow something in the cash shop, and Spectral Haze in-game), and also bought some widgets, but in 1k there appears to be no tab at the forge for Tideborn at all! Are we TB not supposed to be able to upgrade our wings for some reason? Or is this yet another big bug in the latest patch?
Post edited by AoiKagerou - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hey folks... the title basically says it all.. I have the new TB class wings (which inexplicably are called Rainbow something in the cash shop, and Spectral Haze in-game), and also bought some widgets, but in 1k there appears to be no tab at the forge for Tideborn at all! Are we TB not supposed to be able to upgrade our wings for some reason? Or is this yet another big bug in the latest patch?

If you purchased the 30 gold ones they are already maxxed out.

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • AoiKagerou - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you purchased the 30 gold ones they are already maxxed out.

~S

Ok ~~IF~~ that's true... which I'm not totally convinced of, it should say something along the lines of "cannot be upgraded" on the wings themselves. I'm not real happy with this, as I spent over 30 gold in-game on these wings, plus the widgets, and now I find out there's no use for the widgets.

Thanks for the reply though. I'm just not totally convinced there is such a thing as "maxed out", as PWI seems to continually come out with a newer, better, faster set of wings than the ones before. Everytime we think we have the fastest, nope, they release a new set! lol...
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok ~~IF~~ that's true... which I'm not totally convinced of, it should say something along the lines of "cannot be upgraded" on the wings themselves. I'm not real happy with this, as I spent over 30 gold in-game on these wings, plus the widgets, and now I find out there's no use for the widgets.

Thanks for the reply though. I'm just not totally convinced there is such a thing as "maxed out", as PWI seems to continually come out with a newer, better, faster set of wings than the ones before. Everytime we think we have the fastest, nope, they release a new set! lol...

The 30 gold wings are 3.2 normal / 6.2 hasted speed. That is as fast as they get. Other wings/flying mounts that are less than 3 / 6 (i.e. 2.5 / 4.5 can be upgraded to a maximum of 3 / 6). The lower the grade of wings, the more widgets you need to max them out.

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The 30 gold wings are 3.2 normal / 6.2 hasted speed. That is as fast as they get. Other wings/flying mounts that are less than 3 / 6 (i.e. 2.5 / 4.5 can be upgraded to a maximum of 3 / 6). The lower the grade of wings, the more widgets you need to max them out.

~S

Again, I'm not sure I believe that - for the reasons stated above. There doesn't appear to BE a "maxed out"

Also, you seem to be forgetting that there doesn't seem to be a way to increase ANY of the TB wings at the forge in 1k - no matter that I don't have the slower wings, if I did, I wouldn't be able to upgrade those either. So no... sorry, I don't think your "explanation" holds water hun. :(

Which still leaves me holding the bag on this one... anyone else want to take a crack at this? Or maybe I just need to send a ticket in to the GMs.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can't speak for the lack of any TB options in 1k - but I can say that none of the wings/mounts ingame that start at 3.2-6.2 are currently able to be upgraded, regardless of which race uses them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can't speak for the lack of any TB options in 1k - but I can say that none of the wings/mounts ingame that start at 3.2-6.2 are currently able to be upgraded, regardless of which race uses them.

Alright, so my particular wings can't be upgraded no matter what - unless they release something faster later on, I guess

Why don't they tell you that, in the boutique? I wasted some gold on widgets that are useless...

Plus, there's still the unresolved question of the lack of a TB tab at the forge in 1k. That's rather unsettling, IMO.
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Alright, so my particular wings can't be upgraded no matter what - unless they release something faster later on, I guess

Why don't they tell you that, in the boutique? I wasted some gold on widgets that are useless...

Plus, there's still the unresolved question of the lack of a TB tab at the forge in 1k. That's rather unsettling, IMO.

Yeah I know the feeling. Hopefully thats an issue they will resolve with a hotfix patch in the near future.

~S

~Saitada
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

you're lvl 85 and you dont know 3.2-6.2 is currently the fastest flying mounts can go at? b:shocked
    (been knowing that since, like, foreverb:surrender)
    P.S. seen any faster mountsb:surrender
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
    edited December 2009
    Options
    you're lvl 85 and you dont know 3.2-6.2 is currently the fastest flying mounts can go at? b:shocked
    (been knowing that since, like, foreverb:surrender)

Good for you - I'm an elf and until now have never had the need to buy/upgrade wings before, as we have a natural skill which upgrades our fly speed to better than most of what you can buy in the Boutique.

Please don't flame me, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You only prove your own inherent jerk-itude. :P
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't mean to be mean, but I'd wager that most people would check if their wings were able to be upgraded, and how many widgets they'd need before actually making the purchase. Now if you did check, you'd probably notice that none of the other 3.2 mounts are able to be upgraded, and are hence "maxed out" by current standards. I mean, you try on shoes to make sure they fit before making a purchase right? That's just my tip for you in the future. Check what you want to do first before making purchases.

But other than that, I do agree being unable to upgrade tideborn wings at all is unfair. I do hope they'll patch that up, and I'll be able to buy cheaper wings and you'll be able to use those widgets of yours :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You could set-up a catshop near the aerogear forge or sell the widgets in the auction house. You won't see that gold again, but that'll help recoup your losses.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't mean to be mean, but I'd wager that most people would check if their wings were able to be upgraded, and how many widgets they'd need before actually making the purchase. Now if you did check, you'd probably notice that none of the other 3.2 mounts are able to be upgraded, and are hence "maxed out" by current standards. I mean, you try on shoes to make sure they fit before making a purchase right? That's just my tip for you in the future. Check what you want to do first before making purchases.

But other than that, I do agree being unable to upgrade tideborn wings at all is unfair. I do hope they'll patch that up, and I'll be able to buy cheaper wings and you'll be able to use those widgets of yours :)

me are agree with this ^(o.o)
    me pretty sure you can get most of the value back in coin form by selling it to other players.
    You could set-up a catshop near the aerogear forge or sell the widgets in the auction house. You won't see that gold again, but that'll help recoup your losses.

and this ^(o.o)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

ok judging from your avatar you have more than 1 character. no offense but you are a complete MORON. no class has ever been able to upgrade past 3-6/3.2-6.2. its your own fault for thinking you were so special that you were allowed to get faster wings than everyone else in the game. if you had the slower speed wings you could have at least had a reason to complain but damn you think that because you dont pay attention and screwed up its someone elses fault.
  • NeoLove - Heavens Tear
    NeoLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As you should know TB isnt even close to being a week old...though people may be lvl 70+ already TB isnt complete. Dont complain for your mistakes learn from them and stop questioning awnsers to your questions. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I got Bored b:surrender
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    More than likely, as stated, the Tideborn patch and all its functions aren't all there.
    There's no option for them just yet in the AH, I figured there would be a complete lack of wing upgrades for the TB's yet. But PWI appears to be slowly creeping up in flight speeds so you could hang n to those widgets and see what they do, or sell them now and hope the prices drop when you need them again. I'm sure they won't leave the race hanging with only one set of high grade wings to choose from. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Good for you - I'm an elf and until now have never had the need to buy/upgrade wings before, as we have a natural skill which upgrades our fly speed to better than most of what you can buy in the Boutique.

Please don't flame me, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You only prove your own inherent jerk-itude. :P

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, I'd like to inform you Pot is an idiot. That is all.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh, and as far as upgradability:

2009-12-1914-18-35.jpg

Guess I'm just lucky
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

2009-12-1914-18-35.jpg

Guess I'm just lucky

b:shocked
    nice?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XshadowDemon - Heavens Tear
    XshadowDemon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dam give them time the game just came out do u really think they got everything put in yet think about it
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well I bought the pretty purple/pink Shadowbreeze Tideborn wings which are 2.5m/s and I bought widgets to upgrade them to 3.0m/s. I got to 1K and saw I couldn't :( I'm hoping they can be upgraded soon. Although...I bought my hubby the Wildfire wings and in the CS it says they're 2.5m/s but when I looked at them in my inventory they are actually 3.0m/s. So, I'm going to go back and double check the Shadowbreeze to see if its the same deal there. If it's NOT, no I don't think I should have to wait for PW to put it into the game. They had ages to go through all the glitches and possible missing parts. It shouldn't be too much to ask that they have the option there when the game launches. Besides, not like they fixed any of the important glitches so why not give me the little one I want b:cuteb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok judging from your avatar you have more than 1 character. no offense but you are a complete MORON. no class has ever been able to upgrade past 3-6/3.2-6.2. its your own fault for thinking you were so special that you were allowed to get faster wings than everyone else in the game. if you had the slower speed wings you could have at least had a reason to complain but damn you think that because you dont pay attention and screwed up its someone elses fault.

Wow... just... wow.

Thanks. I'll go QQ in a corner now because your incredible wit and intelligence has cut through the heart of my psyche to the quick and left me facing all my own ineptitudes.

/sarcasm/

I'm an Elf. I play a Cleric. I have (2-3) alts which I haven't bothered to play past level 20 or so, because frankly I didn't like them. I don't see why the knowledge that wings can't be upgraded past a certain speed should be some kind of genetic memory, which I should've been born with. It's not listed anywhere on the wings, or on the widgets in the descriptions in the boutique. I was rather hoping for some ~HELP~ in this thread, not some babyish namecalling session. Please, crawl back to your hole and stay there. Your "help" isn't wanted nor needed.

Note: Thanks to nearly everyone else who posted. Your suggestions are very helpful. I think I'll hang on to my widgets for now (I have some free bank space) and see if they build in an ability to upgrade in a later patch. I still have some thin thread of hope that I may in the future be able to upgrade these past their current speed. You may note that these come out of the box at the highest possible speed in the game, without upgrades, making them potentially even faster than Billiant Plumes. I'll hang on to my thin, shaky thread of hope. :)

Merry Christmas, all.
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

2009-12-1914-18-35.jpg

Guess I'm just lucky

You dont have to show all people you are So rich and we not b:chuckle
  • Diskus - Sanctuary
    Diskus - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dam give them time the game just came out do u really think they got everything put in yet think about it

Considering it is an expansion pack rather than a full game, yes, I expect them to have it all in place upon release.
  • Faithera - Dreamweaver
    Faithera - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Looking at all the comments above....
    I did submit a ticket about Tideborn wings having no tab in the Aerogear Forge. Their reply was to please wait as they were adding new content continuously.
    I hope when they add the Tideborn tab, they also give Tideborns the windwidget discount they gave others at end of year that were useless for Tideborn people with no tab.

On upgrades: in case someone hadn't noticed, the Galewind Spurs can upgrade Rudy the Reindeer from 10 to 11 meters per second, even though they are clearly described as only upgrading mounts from 9.0 to 10.0. Tip: If you have a Tome* (any tome at all) equipped, your mount will be kept fed, once you have fed it up to Full. Then all you need to do is sit on the mount all night long (while AFK) and it will be leveled up to 11 by morning (unless you went to bed at 5 am like many of us playing PWI - lol). Unlike battle pets, ride mounts level up just while being sat on. Once they get to level 11, the upgraded, now "Hurricane Rudy" will be able to go 11 m/s. A great, if flashy, mount to use for harvesting, mining, battlefield scavenging, running away from beasts, or simply saving on teleport fees (after spending cash on Rudy and Spurs - lol)

*Tomes can be made at the Nature Gear forge near the Aerogear Forge in the city of Thousand Streams. You will need Mystical Tome Pages (available from the Boutique) and Mystical Tome Fragments, which I have only found in catshops or auctions, though maybe when I get more places, I'll see where they come from. Or I could look it up in the pwidatabase, but I'm lazy.

Tomes of lower levels can be combined to make higher level tomes, though it gets exponentially more expensive. The highest I have made is a level 3 for Magic +15. The expense is bad, but the recycling lowers into highers is good - if you are very careful to make the correct lower level tomes you need to make the higher tome you want. Sometimes you can find bargains on already made Tomes for sale.

Sorry if this seemed off topic, but I've been to 1K city so often to see if the Aerogear forge was fixed. :( And the Nature Forge is right there, so I made some tomes after someone told me they keep the pets fed. Anyway, Seacrh will find this if someone looks for Tomes or Rudy or Spurs, I betcha. b:chuckle

p.s. - the tomes will also keep battle pets fed, but if they get killed, they lose a bit of loyalty and need to be fed some more to get back to full. The tomes only keep FULL pets fed, they don't actually FEED the pets if loyalty is not already at maximum.

p.p.s. - No, unlike Santa's Rudy, PW's cannot fly (someone is bound to ask that), but racing Hurricane Rudy from the North Archosaur's Auctioneer through shortcuts past the ends of the central bridges and cutting close around the central moat in Archosaur, I have beaten very fast fliers to Mrs. Zoologist in the opposite corner of Archosaur. Running on the ground only becomes a problem when there are no roads, as when you try to get from Archosaur to Whetstone Keep. There are some very nasty critters in the woods off the roads.

Rudy's are no longer in the Boutique, but if you have a Rudy the Reindeer, you can make him into Hurricane Rudy and go as fast as ANY other land mount (I dont think there are any that go 12).
    If you haven't got a Rudy, and want to go 11 m/s on the ground, an Ancestral Kirin with Galewind Spurs makes a nice 11/m/s mount for Level 20s and up. Most of my alts have the spurred Kirin. I harvest and mine a lot and do all the crafts, so it comes in VERY handy to be able to move quickly. People on foot racing a Kirin to the next iron mine or nectar plant will almost never win - I've even passed some speed boosted blademasters.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Looking at all the comments above....
    I did submit a ticket about Tideborn wings having no tab in the Aerogear Forge. Their reply was to please wait as they were adding new content continuously.
    I hope when they add the Tideborn tab, they also give Tideborns the windwidget discount they gave others at end of year that were useless for Tideborn people with no tab.

On upgrades: in case someone hadn't noticed, the Galewind Spurs can upgrade Rudy the Reindeer from 10 to 11 meters per second, even though they are clearly described as only upgrading mounts from 9.0 to 10.0. Tip: If you have a Tome* (any tome at all) equipped, your mount will be kept fed, once you have fed it up to Full. Then all you need to do is sit on the mount all night long (while AFK) and it will be leveled up to 11 by morning (unless you went to bed at 5 am like many of us playing PWI - lol). Unlike battle pets, ride mounts level up just while being sat on. Once they get to level 11, the upgraded, now "Hurricane Rudy" will be able to go 11 m/s. A great, if flashy, mount to use for harvesting, mining, battlefield scavenging, running away from beasts, or simply saving on teleport fees (after spending cash on Rudy and Spurs - lol)

*Tomes can be made at the Nature Gear forge near the Aerogear Forge in the city of Thousand Streams. You will need Mystical Tome Pages (available from the Boutique) and Mystical Tome Fragments, which I have only found in catshops or auctions, though maybe when I get more places, I'll see where they come from. Or I could look it up in the pwidatabase, but I'm lazy.

Tomes of lower levels can be combined to make higher level tomes, though it gets exponentially more expensive. The highest I have made is a level 3 for Magic +15. The expense is bad, but the recycling lowers into highers is good - if you are very careful to make the correct lower level tomes you need to make the higher tome you want. Sometimes you can find bargains on already made Tomes for sale.

Sorry if this seemed off topic, but I've been to 1K city so often to see if the Aerogear forge was fixed. :( And the Nature Forge is right there, so I made some tomes after someone told me they keep the pets fed. Anyway, Seacrh will find this if someone looks for Tomes or Rudy or Spurs, I betcha. b:chuckle

p.s. - the tomes will also keep battle pets fed, but if they get killed, they lose a bit of loyalty and need to be fed some more to get back to full. The tomes only keep FULL pets fed, they don't actually FEED the pets if loyalty is not already at maximum.

necro...b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my son says my TBs wings are as fast as his forged flametalon, so i guess im satisfied!b:chuckle ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • omgwtffjaoweif
    omgwtffjaoweif Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wow this thread

QQ queen of DW shows her ignorance yet again. What. Did you expect to upgrade it to GM wingspeed with enough widgets?
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well with the Tideborn expansion a lot of aero-gear speeds got screwed up. My Iridesence Wings only go 3,0/6,0 now, even though I bought them at 3,2/6,2. So yeah... Perfect World please fix this soon!
    PPS- With the Lucky Coral and Joy Ride Packs the new top speed is 3,3! So maybe you'll get to use your widgets later :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear96
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear96 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

+1 b:chuckle