New Auto-Target Function

Link_ - Dreamweaver
Link_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
The new auto target function is a bot lure, please remove it. I've already run into a handful of botters and this function isn't even 24 hours old yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Link_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    pift...thats why you roll PvP server.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zora_Link - Dreamweaver
    Zora_Link - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You are against this so I automatically suspect that you are a botter :O

Besides, I have spent my hard earned money on Boutique items in a pve server, I'm gonna stay and get my money's worth. But I don't want bots either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You are against this so I automatically suspect that you are a botter :O

No, he just has noob power b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Zora_Link - Dreamweaver
    Zora_Link - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Noob power... lol he's a hamster, how does he even play the game, jump on the keys? that must be hard lol

At least that keeps him in shape, he'll live far beyone the hamster life expectancy of 1-2 years, maybe 3-4 years for him

Now seriously, botting is bad, nobody likes them. I, and a lot of people I talked with don't want any features that allow them to do what they do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why just dont add an anti-hacking/botting software like Blizzards Warden/ Valves Anti-Cheat system?
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why just dont add an anti-hacking/botting software like Blizzards Warden/ Valves Anti-Cheat system?

Blizzards? As in WoW? You know how many people bot in WoW?

The anti-cheat programs can never stay ahead of the cheaters.

I agree, down with the tab key. I never once died because I couldn't click on a mob. It's called shift-clicking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vehylen - Harshlands
    Vehylen - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I for one like the new tab feature, Helps with those kills X/ amount of monsters that are all grouped together, Sure it'd be fine to just use the mouse to click, but after a few hours that's rather sore and tiring. b:victory And what exactly do you mean botters? I havent been on long, but I havent seen a botter yet,

I've seen people that seem like they're botting since they stand in one spot for abit and just kill monsters, I myself have done it. But I know that its possible to do it without a botting program even if it appears to be one, so how can you be so sure that they are botting?
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have never once botted, never even considered it. As a legitimate player I have to say that the tab target makes things much easier in a lot of ways, especially in an fb or other instance with extras popping out and you try to click and get the ceiling somehow because the camera is funky and the character goes running into the mobs, or runs backwards or whatever.

I understand your point and your concern, as it's a valid issue and I'm sure people will do it. But it's also true from personal experience that if you take the necessary steps and provide evidence you CAN get them banned rather easily for doing it. The problem is the people like to complain about things like this, but when it comes down to it they aren't willing to take the screenshots, record the video, and fill out the forms to do anything about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009

(O.o)'
    this game does have an anti bot. b:chuckle
    me....
    d(^.-d)
    *only in teh Lost City server though.* b:chuckle
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1aaa65/
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1ac6cb/
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1acb89/
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1aeff0/
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1b40b1/
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1b691a/
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1b6939/
    http://www.xfire.com/video/1b9dff/

Full Screen makes it more seeable for the newer videos. (^.^)
    (these videos be before the expansion. also sowwys if me accidentally linked incorrectly or something...me are sleepy hamster.)
    D=
    zmog...if you see someone who you think be botting.....get evidence, submit a ticket, then call me.
    (^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have never once botted, never even considered it. As a legitimate player I have to say that the tab target makes things much easier in a lot of ways, especially in an fb or other instance with extras popping out and you try to click and get the ceiling somehow because the camera is funky and the character goes running into the mobs, or runs backwards or whatever.

I understand your point and your concern, as it's a valid issue and I'm sure people will do it. But it's also true from personal experience that if you take the necessary steps and provide evidence you CAN get them banned rather easily for doing it. The problem is the people like to complain about things like this, but when it comes down to it they aren't willing to take the screenshots, record the video, and fill out the forms to do anything about it.

I very much agree with this, I am also a big fan of AoE grinding and cycling through mobs with tab is a much better way to find out which one needs to be hit a few more times then clicking each one when theyre on top of each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Soltarr - Sanctuary
    Soltarr - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Personally, I'd prefer if it just cycled between aggro mobs (aggro on you or a squad mate, including pets). That would make it useless for botting, but still quite useful in situations where you're fighting multiple mobs.

And really, outside of combat I prefer to pick my target anyway, so I can try to avoid drawing multiple mobs, and make sure I've at max range before attacking ... so I don't trust tab to pick my next target.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    From my experience, most anti-hacking game software installs as a root kit that allows the game maker effectively total control/access of your computer if they should wish it.

I refused to play another F2P game because of this type of anti-hacking software they use.

In my mind, anything that installs as a root kit, hides it's processes and actions and then tries to tell me I can't do something with my computer that I want to do... gets a great big negative from me and will generally make me pull out the decompiler and hex editor.

Think this through. Do you REALLY want some nameless company to have 100% total access to your computer and everything you do on it while running their game? Do you REALLY want them to be able to install anything they want to install on your computer w/o you being able to even be aware they are doing it? Do you REALLY want to release that kind of control?

If you do, fine.. enjoy big brother, but me.. I prefer to know whats going on with my computer.
    I have actually had HackShield refuse to allow me to open my Photo Shop program because it called it a hacking tool. I REALLY don't like something telling me I can't do something on MY computer....

It tends to make me a tad bit testy.

~Saitada
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    as someone with carpel tunnel in my right hand i for one welcome the tab to select mobs. it means when my right hand is all but unusable i can still semi play the game if somewhat slowly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]