Technotics Guide

2»

Comments

• Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Kudos for trying something different i guess. But this game isnt really dynamic when it comes to builds, skill allocation etc. Theres generally 1-2 ways that really own, this im afraid isnt one of them b:shocked
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Regarding mana charm: Again, I was saying it's not cost effective. Using a mana charm for day-to-day grinding is not cost effective.

Yes, Barrage does ridiculous damage. It's just more ridiculous with a crossbow, and less so with a slingshot. I happen to be that 1% of the archer population that can do more damage to a single target with normal shots than with barrage, since I've got the fastest archer weapon, and interval bracers.

Anyway, I'm done attempting to argue with you. You ask me if I've read what you are typing, yet it seems to me as though you're the one not reading.

The thing is, it's VERY hard to NOT do your job in a squad as an archer. You aren't healing, tanking, or luring, just DDing.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Umm Technotics a guide is something that would work for most people and not just you. Its supposed to contain tips on doing things more efficiently.

You dont need a guide to tell you that a MP charm would solve your mana pots. Thats common sense unless the person has less than average IQ.

Deadly Shot/Barrage b:shocked for normal grinding is way too expensive in terms of mana and chi (barrage).

Compare this,
    Lvl1 Deadly shot needs 183 mana.
    lvl10 Frost (81 mana) + lvl1 knockback (34.2 mana) = 125.2 mana

At times its just frost or knockback (not even both of them). This is when using a WaTC. Even with xBows a frost + knockback is sufficient in most cases. You could use Take Aim occasionally as an opener against inc life mobs but otherwise not required.

Being a 9x I was more than expecting you to realize this much.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    People keep asking me what my build is and what to do. So I typed it up real quick.

what people? even monkeys with half a brain can do better (then you).
    Umm Technotics a guide is something that would work for most people and not just you. Its supposed to contain tips on doing things more efficiently.

again... what people? most people? are you f***ing serious? i understand if you need to **** kiss a bit, but you really don't have to lick the **** off.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • HadronFury - Sanctuary
    HadronFury - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not sure what the purpose of this is, really. There are already good archer guides available, and much of what you offer is already addressed in those as accepted technique and practice.

The places where you differ, imo, aren't necessarily bad things, as its always good to try and contribute. However, I think you would be better off discussing those points in the existing guide threads to examine their merits in a discussion before offering them up as a 'definitive guide' to how to roll an archer.

As it is now, what you've offered has enough significant differences from the norm that it would probably do more to confuse new archers than help.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    again... what people? most people? are you f***ing serious? i understand if you need to **** kiss a bit, but you really don't have to lick the **** off.

And perhaps youre too bored at 10x to read.
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And perhaps youre too bored and 10x to read.

Well, you left out two commas and he missed an "a" so he read your post as saying "Technotic's guide is something that would work for most people..." a point you, yourself, disagreed with.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Dont max wings of protection, its like the worst buff in the game (maybe after wizard frostblade.).

Why not? Evasion is useful. +35% evasion on a barb saves them repairs, and squishy robe classes need all they can get when there is physical mobs hanging around. Just because its not as flashy as barb/cleric/bm buffs doesn't make it useless.

(And unless I'm wrong, frostblade is like a water element blazing arrow, which goes based off the wizards base damage instead of yours, and almost everyone prioritizes blazing arrow as a skill)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Well, you left out two commas and he missed an "a" so he read your post as saying "Technotic's guide is something that would work for most people..." a point you, yourself, disagreed with.

Well I did not miss two commas :(, just one. The Tectonics had an extra S to it. Also missing that one comma does not change the meaning of that sentence in any way, unless it wasnt read properly. Hence my comment for not reading it properly.

In any case, we can agree that more the grammatical mistakes, the guide is misleading on many points.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    (And unless I'm wrong, frostblade is like a water element blazing arrow, which goes based off the wizards base damage instead of yours, and almost everyone prioritizes blazing arrow as a skill)

Frostblade is a water element buff, like blazing arrow and it is based off your damage, not the wizards.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's at the point, people are just trying to point out things wrong that don't even apply to the guide.

The guide was made as to give tips to people on what skills do and such. Reading a skill and it says it slows the enemy down is helpful but when put a guide and told how it can be used, makes it much more understandable. If you don't like the guide, you don't have to use it. Ever think of that, or is that just too complicated for you to understand?

DD isn't as easy as it seems, you have to put good time into getting a tactic that works for you and applying to it the game. I can take any class and simplify it by your logic. Cleric = BB, DONE. Barbarian = Keep Aggro, DONE. This game isn't very adverse like you're suggesting. Get used to it.

Kiyoshi, just quit the game. You're only causing more drama.
    In any case, we can agree that more the grammatical mistakes, the guide is misleading on many points.

How is it misleading? I gave my input and advice on what skills do and how to build an archer. Its worked VERY well for me and still is, so it can't be very misleading if it's working. You just think it's wrong because the entire world doesn't revolve around you and this guide is different.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I can take any class and simplify it by your logic. Cleric = BB, DONE. Barbarian = Keep Aggro, DONE.

What do cleric do before 59 and how do barb accomplish this keep aggro thing? This is way too complicated for me. b:surrender
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    XD

Keep aggro by using aggro skills

You have a list of buffs and other healing skills for cleric. If you consider buffing a complicated process, then you should find another game.

But this applies to any class.

BM = Do damage and run really fast in Rebirth as well as work with barb for aggro and Aoe if needed. Running really fast should be the "hardest" thing you have to do.

Veno = This is the only class I will give credit for having any kind of difficulty. "Pulling" isn't hard but it does take a good few minutes to get down. Besides that, transforming back and forth for curses and then to magic can get tricky I guess.

Wizard = You're an elemental DD, i'm sorry but thats about as far as you go.

Archer = Physical DD, beyond that we're pretty squishy. (I don't care about what kind of build you have or how many citrines you put in your armor, you're squishy and will never compare to a barb)

Barb = Keep aggro. You have a few skills to do this including your genie. Keep aggro from the DD's, done.

Cleric = Buffing shouldn't have any difficulty. Keeping the barb healed shouldn't be too hard. Only when one of the other people **** up and take aggro or hit something random, do you have to put that extra effort into reaching your finger over and pressing the heal button to keep them alive. That extra reach must be the complicated part.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Kry_Baby - Sanctuary
    Kry_Baby - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i think it was a really good guide. it doesnt look like hes trying to tell people what to pick. he is just telling them what skills do and how they are used, which most of you seem to overlook. if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.b:cuteb:victory
  • COOKlEDOUGH - Sanctuary
    COOKlEDOUGH - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i want to make an archer and actually try this. the information behind it seems it would work
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Well I did not miss two commas :(, just one. The Tectonics had an extra S to it. Also missing that one comma does not change the meaning of that sentence in any way, unless it wasnt read properly. Hence my comment for not reading it properly.

I am seriously confused... the "guilde is misleading on many points" and yet it "works for most people". So what i am able to gather is that most people should be mislead.
    Kiyoshi, just quit the game. You're only causing more drama.

I am actually afride to quit the game now. If your any indication of the next generation of archers... us archers as a class is really going to suck **** as people of my genenation (level) quit.
    i want to make an archer and actually try this. the information behind it seems it would work

Really? a level 1 veno created just this month with 1 post (this post). i wonder who you are... LOL
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• TrancexWolf - Sanctuary
    TrancexWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wow, after all his work, you guys bash him so badly? xD Tech' You did a great job, and I hope you kick everyones **** who doesnt' follow this. >3
    But seriously. Not that I read ALL the comments, but I didn't see a single good one. Lol.
    Ŧяάпcє

TrancexWolf-Sanctuary-Veno
    VividDreams-Sanctuary-Cleric
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    They're just jealous. Most of them don't even have archers XD

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Wow, after all his work, you guys bash him so badly? xD Tech' You did a great job, and I hope you kick everyones **** who doesnt' follow this. >3
    But seriously. Not that I read ALL the comments, but I didn't see a single good one. Lol.

aleast this one has some level behind her. wonder whos alt you are. half of what he wrote is like showing someone who never saw chocolate before a pile of **** and claming that its chocolate. of course that guy is going to believe you (that **** is chocolate) cause he NEVER saw real chocolate before.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    They're just jealous. Most of them don't even have archers XD

i am an archer. and believe me... no one is jealous of you. and to continue my post above... just caue **** look like chocolate doesn't mean its chocolate. and that definitely doesn't mean you should eat it.

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    DD isn't as easy as it seems, you have to put good time into getting a tactic that works for you and applying to it the game. I can take any class and simplify it by your logic. Cleric = BB, DONE. Barbarian = Keep Aggro, DONE. This game isn't very adverse like you're suggesting. Get used to it.
    LOL i just read how you AFKed with a level 10 barrage + charm on sword tamer in another thread. really, dont talk about DD unless you know what youre doing, mr. world boss aggro stealer >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Like I said Kiyoshi, you're just drama. Quit the game.

So tell me what's bad about this guide? People have added comments and the ones needed fixing was fixed. So now you're all just ranting about.... nothing?

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    LOL i just read how you AFKed with a level 10 barrage + charm on sword tamer in another thread. really, dont talk about DD unless you know what youre doing, mr. world boss aggro stealer >.>

XD They told me they had aggro. I was tired as hell and they wanted me there for DD. The first time I was there and oh well. Second time, I told them I was going afk but they wanted my DD so I kept barrage up.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    archers can afk normal shot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    That's boring though and not as much damage. You still haven't answered the reason why this guide is a complete failure.... Like saying, **** marriage is wrong... uhhh why? if you don't like **** marriage, don't marry one. Simple

I know that's not the best relation but it seemed funny to me at the moment. XD

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    It comes down to this.

People ask how I do so much damage and what my build is. Instead of answering people daily about it, I made a post on forums. You don't have to like it, I really don't care. This is my build. Now that I post it, a few of you say it's the most horrible thing ever created. But in game, I'm the one doing the ridiculous damage. I really don't care if you like it or not, and I guarantee some of you are going to complain even more about it and say that your damage is higher. I don't really care, because people like my results, not yours.

b:byeb:victory

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
This discussion has been closed.