Payment Review?

Arpharazon - Lost City
Arpharazon - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
So i purchased 50 dollars worth of zen on paypal

But when I went to transfer it, it was deemed under 'Payment Review'

This has never happened before, I'm curious as to why it is now, and wondering when the zen will be accessible. I had purchased it hoping to use it promptly
Post edited by Arpharazon - Lost City on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Paypal has recently implemented a payment review that seems to catch a lot of people by surprise. Luckily, as far as I know this will only happen once and payments made afterward should go through fine.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So i purchased 50 dollars worth of zen on paypal

But when I went to transfer it, it was deemed under 'Payment Review'

This has never happened before, I'm curious as to why it is now, and wondering when the zen will be accessible. I had purchased it hoping to use it promptly

Sometimes PayPal suspends transactions while they conduct an additional review into them. They are informing the customers that the transaction has been processed, and essentially it has, but they fail to inform the customers that there is an additional "payment review" being conducted. While this is happening we are not able to intervene. Approval typically takes approximately 24 hours after the review has been initiated. We understand this can be an inconvenience. For further information on payment reviews, please see PayPal's website:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/PaymentReviewOverviewFAQ-outside

Thank you for your understanding.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Arpharazon - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    interesting, is there an amount of time it takes? or will it really take a whole week.
  • Arpharazon - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Thank you very much for the prompt address
  • Arpharazon - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    An update, its still being reviewed. As you said this is a most annoying inconvenience, I'm not to the point of complaining but as a customer, it isn't very attractive.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    An update, its still being reviewed. As you said this is a most annoying inconvenience, I'm not to the point of complaining but as a customer, it isn't very attractive.

It's a policy held by PayPal, not PWI. Go bite PayPal's head off :o
  • Arpharazon - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    No I totally understand that and I just noticed the post you placed in sticky regarding the issue. In no way am I pointing to pwi, as for paypal. When I buy a hamburger because I'm hungry and give the person behind the counter 50 dollars, naturally its fine if they check the bill, its a totally different issue if they take 24+ hours. In the end I'm not hungry anymore, because I've found somewhere else to eat.
  • shnuggles
    edited December 2009
    No I totally understand that and I just noticed the post you placed in sticky regarding the issue. In no way am I pointing to pwi, as for paypal. When I buy a hamburger because I'm hungry and give the person behind the counter 50 dollars, naturally its fine if they check the bill, its a totally different issue if they take 24+ hours. In the end I'm not hungry anymore, because I've found somewhere else to eat.

This is the problem presented by Payment Review. Seeing as the majority of PayPal's business is in e-commerce and more in relation to tangible goods, this is why the Payment Review is not an inconvenience to the majority of PayPal's business. With tangible goods there is a grace period for the seller to actually ship the product to the purchaser so a 24 hour delay is barely noticed. Since we are involved with the free to play gaming market where our product is virtual goods, this is why everyone would like their payment and product to be instant, and we do not disagree. We have inquired to find out if there is anyway to be removed from this process as we have many security settings of our own and we cannot opt out of this option. I do apologize for the inconvenience and I am glad that you all recognize that this is not our fault! b:surrender
    [PWE Billing]

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    shnuggles wrote: »
    I am glad that you all recognize that this is not our fault! b:surrender

ima blame u anyways.

Everyone tackle shnuggles
  • shnuggles
    edited December 2009
    ima blame u anyways.

Everyone tackle shnuggles

b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • Arpharazon - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I believe it has been 24 hours... does it take longer?
  • shnuggles
    edited December 2009
    I believe it has been 24 hours... does it take longer?

It sometimes can. Just watch your ZEN wallet and once the status changes from Payment Review, you know that part will be done. Unless that changes, there is no status update.
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • Arpharazon - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    so am I just waiting for it to complete or could it potentially not go through at all?
  • shnuggles
    edited December 2009
    so am I just waiting for it to complete or could it potentially not go through at all?

As long as your information entered is accurate to the funding source, we are just waiting for completion ;)
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Paypal has recently implemented a payment review that seems to catch a lot of people by surprise. Luckily, as far as I know this will only happen once and payments made afterward should go through fine.

I'm guessing it may also be the dollar amount that triggers the payment review. In my case, I have made pwi purchases of $10-20 without problems. But when I made a purchase of $50, it went under review. The $50 purchase was on my girlfriend's game account, but I used my own billing info so it should appear the same to Paypal. The confirmation email I got from Paypal looked the same for all my purchases, but only the $50 purchase went under review. Note that I had made pwi purchases (after the op posted) both before and after the $50 one for lesser amounts and did not have problems.