Assassin, pure solo class?

Notmalian - Sanctuary
Notmalian - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
I was just thinking of something this morning... So yeah sin's are cool, good looking, nice skils etc...
But have you ever thought about the future?
Well personally i wont take a sin in my squads for TT nor RBs, archer is far better in my own sense.
So i hope that you have mains/credit cards to get the money to build your Sinb:laugh
Post edited by Notmalian - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ToxicFlavor - Harshlands
    ToxicFlavor - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was just thinking of something this morning... So yeah sin's are cool, good looking, nice skils etc...
    But have you ever thought about the future?
    Well personally i wont take a sin in my squads for TT nor RBs, archer is far better in my own sense.
    So i hope that you have mains/credit cards to get the money to build your Sinb:laugh

AGREED !!! archers FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hazardus =)) b:victory
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hmm, I dunno yet. Archer's and sin's will have about the same dps, I think? Sins have a skill that will increase the amount their critical hits do, which I would think would be really useful on bosses once they've got a higher crit rate. Will have to see how much of an effect dagger mastery has on overall damage, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Elvindor - Heavens Tear
    Elvindor - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ahh, but remember this. Are sins able to cast sharp tooth arrow? which helps IMMENSELY while killing bosses. i think now, so archers will not be replaced..but maybe bms on the other hand?b:laugh
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think Dagger Mastery is the same % as Bow Mastery, that is, 6%/level to 60%.

And yes, we have Sharpened Tooth Arrow. Instant 10% or more time savings = 10% or more mana/HP savings.

I don't know about them replacing BMs. Have to see how their upper-level skills pan out first.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would take a Psychic over a sin for TT any day b:nosebleed
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well I think it's mostly going to be determined by whether or not our skills work on bosses, we have a multitude of status inflicting skills, however I doubt even half of them will work on most bosses (sleep. stun, attack speed decrease, etc) In the end though its not just damage and other usefulness, but also survivability. As for needing TT mats, all tideborn only have a total of three TT weapons (lvl 60, 90, and 99), and at least the assassin molds are better than the TT weapons anyway, so I'm not worried about it.
  • Velarious - Heavens Tear
    Velarious - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    assasins DPS is better then an archers, our damage is slightly slower but we hit at double the speed as an archer which speaks for the damage it self, all mobs ive came across so far aswell die in about 5-10 seconds max which i like the idea of, just the squishy thing isnt great but hp powders make up for it, just gota constantly farm.

also ive theres a skill in which sins use which is basicly a vampire skill, attack a mob and get so much of ur hp back per damage which cud be useful in boss kills ext.

i wudnt go praising archers so much just yet cos no1 has truely seen what a sin is capable of lol.
  • IxTsuki - Dreamweaver
    IxTsuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree with sade and velarious, A sin can kill higher lvl monsters 10 to 15 lvls above them easier then archers. Sin killing those lvled type monsters is like a archer killing a monster equal or around the same lvl. I can easily compare the two because I have an archer as well. I prefer sin over archer. I cant say that for all sin, because people choose to play them there own way.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well I guess it comes down to what sort of gameplay your used to more :). Even archers can take on mobs 15 lvls higher by using pots unless u mean to say sins can take it out without using pots.

Both Archers and Sins have their strengths and weaknesses. If you play to your strengths then you would favour that class.

If you play an archer like a sin, you gonna suck and trash the archer (i.e. dont get too close to the mob or let it come too close to you :P) <.<

The place where archers have a problem is the dmg reduction when the mob is too close. Normal shots dont just cut it then. We have to resort to the metal skills or Winged Pledge/Wingspan or AIm low and get to a distance and stun it.

BTW hows the pot usage for sins? Being a LA melee, the dmg taken would be pretty high (i know cos Archers would take the same damage and have the same hp increment value I guess). This is where archers have an advantage, if we play right, we can get by without using any pot whatsoever while grinding (even at 2x).
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sharptooth is rather important...or at least pretty nice

i rather think assassins will be like bms at TTs. you have a lot of stuns and seals for mob control, at bosses you'd probably have good spark coverage to deal some serious damage, as well as an amp, and hopefully the lifesteal will carry you through the aoes. :D
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Isnt it too early to decide? >.> The average player skill of the new tideborn is still around lv30 give or take. This includes your neighborhood lv75 oracler.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • muhawk3
    muhawk3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The put usage is actually not too bad. I use about 1 pot after each battle at lvl 2x. The key here is the skills for Assassins. The sleep skill just at lvl 2 has an 87% chance of sleeping the mob. Plus, Punctured Wound is unbelievable.

It is a higher DPS than Archers because of that skill alone. Numbers are constantly flying across the screen because you are essentially hitting them 3 times constantly.

The only problem I really have is that since it does rely on its skills so much I end up having to meditate every once in awhile on the tougher mobs.
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't think assassins will not enter in a party so easily. indeed they'll prbably become useful as if not more useful than archers. Don't forget their overpowered status attacks and the Bloodpaint skill that will do blades and barbarians and also other assassins your best friends while killing bosses or mobs. They'll become incredible >_^
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archer is the main tank in TT99+ and also main tank for belial in 2-3. I don't think assassins will be able to tank any TT bosses since they aren't range. So im not really concerned...as archer lol.

And before that you mainly bring 1 archer in TT for sharptooth, not b/c they do most dmg. It pretty known fact that veno with herc out DDs archers, wizards, Bms on same lvl.

Which is why archers and assassins don't really compete for the same spot in the party. You don't bring 1 archer for pure dps, you do it for tanking, ST and dps.

So im guessing assassins will compete for second DD-spot, where you normally bring in a second veno...or a second archer if you cant find moar haxxed hercs.

I wont even bother mentioning Bms or wizards since they have no function at all in TT - unless its a godly geared demon fist with best dps in game BM b:dirty.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Assassins will be very useful in parties, you'll soon see.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Roin - Harshlands
    Roin - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think Sin will be the best DPS in the game (endgame) with demon spark and all the skills that gives them alot of chi i dont think a fist bm can out dps a few demon sparks in a row but archers will be fine ST is a something i hate doing HH without but bm,wiz will have a hard time fighting for the extra DD slot in the party b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wont even bother mentioning Bms

BM dragon amp damage....
    b:dirty

wizard = okie we not so good in TT....but our damage be directly proportional to teh number of mobs the tank can hold. (aoe powah FTW)
    b:chuckle....
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    By the way, why assassins and arhcers must be opponents ? They can simply cooperate to make the ultimate damage dealers squad. You thing you'll be able to survive with both archer and assassin covering each other ? i think that every party should take an assassin and archer basically. Also archers are supposed to be hunters but assassins are supposed to be killers. The first one catches the target, the second one run there and blow it :)
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure Offensive Solo Build 70 Archer, Sharded for Defense. 50% Sapphire 50% Garnet.

Retired Pure Magic Healer.

Quite honestly, so far its how I expected it to be. It feels like I'm an archer with no bow. I had high hopes of using my Archer armor on this char.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=4faf812910d7a61a

I'm not sure how things will work out later in the game. I won't go into great detail speculating about it either. Or assert my opinion as fact.

I can say I have no interest in PVP. It almost seems as though pure Garnet shards or Hp if you fancy that instead might be good since your now taking melee damage.

My physical defense fully buffed BM included, with that gear, is 6919. I believe that is around 1000 or so less than a Barb or BM with quest reward and maybe one or two legendary gears or so without good shards. I definitely cannot tank bosses such as Wyvern. There are also mobs that deal upwards of 300 damage physcial melee. I don't worry about them because they usually die long before they can get close.

I can do many things other archers cannot do trust me, but when push comes to shove unless that gear was pure Garnet shards, my defense will never approach HA status. Even then any barb has a lot more HP to survive hits from bosses and such. I'm wondering if Assassins will be no different than archers when it comes to pulling aggro. There will be one difference, theres a good chance you'll just die as an assassin, An archer has the prescious 1 - 2 second timeframe to sheild or jiaozi or use some other random apothecary item while the mob changes focus or runs to you. Healers can se that coming if they look for it. But well, as an assassin you might be dead long before it ever occurs to you or the healer.

I just might agree with the notion if you want good LA you may have to spend some serious money on it.

As an archer you really never want aggro, as an assassin, your an archer taking hits like a barb..so far for me it kinda sucks. Any additional dodge doesn't seem to be enough even with a Dexterity tome and pure dex build. I'm not too happy but then again I expected what I am experiencing.

One 6x quest comes to mind; places like the Swamp fighting Alucard minions in tight groups dealing lots of magic damage. I don't see good outcomes for Assassins. My Archer gear is good but I take decent damage and I see other archers struggling to get by all the time with damage from magic mobs or physical mobs up close.

It is fun right now learing a bit of new and trying the class. We'll see how it goes later in levels. I don't intend to continue the class for long unless something changes the gameplay dramatically.

Regards
  • alteo
    alteo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i haven't seen many people mention the fact that none of us even know what sin skills are past lvl 59 as for now they end there. everyone is judging a char that has half the potential of other classes its kinda ridiculous if you ask me that the the sin learns slipstream strike so soon (a move that can one shot most mobs same lvl when you first learn it and even at higher lvls does 1/3-1/4 a mobs total health) with more powerful moves like that on the way and the fact that in pvp you will never see the first one coming i think sins have beautiful place in squad as they can move,scout, and dmg b4 even taking aggro not to mention we learn a move that has 86% chance to put target to sleep and does immense dmg as well early on whoever thinks sin are useless is prolly one of those people that hates stuff just cuz its really popular. well guess what things are popular for reason and maybe you should take the time to find out why. sins will be pvp masters sooner than you think and everybody will be pissed when they keep getting killed be us.
  • Sekoshiba - Dreamweaver
    Sekoshiba - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    assassins probably wont do well in squads; i suppose an extra dd would help ,but getting grinded up by AOEs is going to be a major problem
    when a soldier goes to heaven to jesus he will tell; another soldier reporting sir, ive served my time in hell.

watch your back.....
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sin rocks lol b:laugh i bet skills will be awsome haha ...
    most of u may look at the even in a wrong way i start to think , what if it was to protect urself from the power that is rising b:shockedb:bye
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think Sin will be the best DPS in the game (endgame) with demon spark and all the skills that gives them alot of chi i dont think a fist bm can out dps a few demon sparks in a row but archers will be fine ST is a something i hate doing HH without but bm,wiz will have a hard time fighting for the extra DD slot in the party b:bye

endgame hell fists are perma sparked....soooooooooo

duhb:cute

sins will be able to pull of some fun 2 spark rise 2 spark chi pot 2 spark skill combos will be rather fun to play with and against
    Gifs are hard to make work here