str for clerics

DarkIcon - Sanctuary
DarkIcon - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
is there a level at which i can stop adding strength to my cleric? i did the robe build.
Post edited by DarkIcon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    is there a level at which i can stop adding strength to my cleric? i did the robe build.

if your full AA then you need to cap ur str at 50 till 90 but at what lvl i dont know really just depends how you put your points
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hh90 need 50 strg i think

i have 52 strg for the OHT gear b:dirty

49b:surrender

i personally have like 40-42 str and get the rest from my sky demon pearl necklace + another piece of gear that gives str
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would check the 99/100 armours.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Seeing how he's only lvl 70, he wont be hitting 99/100 anytime soon, let alone 90.

I don't think it's wise to "cap" str in the way hes talking about. A lvl 70 cleric doesnt need 50 str, its wasted points.

Just level strength when you need to for your next piece of gear.
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    According to TT99 gold, the maximum str, what we need is 54 points (AA build). You can reach it with usual arcane build (1 str every 2 levels +5 basic).
    ☆Archangel's Tunic
  • DarkIcon - Sanctuary
    DarkIcon - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    thx for your replies, everyone :)
  • enumaelis
    enumaelis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yea, at what lvl will I stop adding str points? because i usually divide my points equally between vit, mag, str and dex, and the extra points for the mag. what's the best type of cleric anyway? vitality type? or magic type of cleric? b:question
  • Campbell - Lost City
    Campbell - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    enumaelis wrote: »
    yea, at what lvl will I stop adding str points? because i usually divide my points equally between vit, mag, str and dex, and the extra points for the mag. what's the best type of cleric anyway? vitality type? or magic type of cleric? b:question

Why are you adding dex? Only reason for it is if you are wearing LA. Im level 65 with 40 str, so I wont need to add any for a long time. I have my vit already capped at 80. Now all I have to do is pump all my points into mag.

I built my character based on this suggestion

50 VIT - for good survivability (in my case 80)
    50 STR - by L90, this is about the max STR you will need for gear/weapon
    5 Dex - all you need unless you decide to go LA
    XXX MAG - keeps your attacks/heals strong and allows you to wear your weapons.