Okay, or NOT? :X

Options
Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
Chibiusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Before the new race came out, I decided to stay with my venomancer.
I prayed to God, that they would release new hairstyles not only for Tideborns.
Iam still bored of the veno ones, only 1-2 which could be acceptable for me.

[removed]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Chibiusa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Editing is editing, and that can get you banned. HOWEVER, I doubt anyone would notice ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [removed]
    [/QUOTE]

Quoted For Evidence

You're lvl 94 and you don't know the TOS
    Editing the system files isn't allowed
    Enjoy your vacationb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thanks for quoting that for evidence officer hero. Perhaps it would be better just to advise her to take the post down about editing system files, and not be a jerk wad about it.

any questions like this, assume the answer is no, and ask one of the GM/admins about it via forum PM first. Though im pretty sure its against the rules. Maybe take your post down so officer hero is the only one breaking rules by putting his evidence on show for everyone, and show that you didn't have any intention to break rules, but had a temporary lapse in judgment.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I suspect the GM's have better things to do with their time.
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [removed]
    "how to haxx PWI +15 weapons for free guide". [/COLOR]
    If it's a criminal action to ask, whats about it - a GM should feel free to delte it.b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Quoted For Evidence

You're lvl 94 and you don't know the TOS
    Editing the system files isn't allowed
    Enjoy your vacationb:bye

Doesn't matter if she doesn't know, no need to be a jerk about it. If she removes it, a GM isn't going to ban her because she didn't know.

To OP: It is bannable to edit the .ini files, unfortunately. Those venos with colored tails and such are against the rules, just because you see them doesn't mean it's alright for them to do it. Best bet is to just go back to one of the normal hairstyles.

If you put the instructions like that on the forums, people can use that to change their hair whenever they'd like without buying a makeover scroll, thus losing PWI money and making it unfair to the people who don't break the rules. That's why you should take it out, not to satisfy GMs honestly.

Own personal opinion: Those pictures are gorgeous. I wish they actually added to the old classes as well as making the new class. The new classes are pretty much entirely separate from the old ones with weapons, customization, and even hairstyles. Stupid IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _Marta_ - Dreamweaver
    _Marta_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lemme say this first, Curly hair removed from customization page was A WAY unfair and insolent to players who had this hairstyle for months. I don't see anything against TOS here. Because we're the ones that had been deceived without any notice. I highly refuse to pay for Scroll for no reason.

b:dirty It's just too lovely. But let's wait for GM response on that matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~A flower blooming in space~
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    omg lol it looks awesome o.o

but what Aadi said was true...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tideborns have a hairstyle that matches my hair in real life.
    Long, thick, with chopped bangs.
    However, my veno is the character i made (tried my best) to look like me. BUT of course there are no veno hairstyles that match me. Which has always bothered me about my veno.
    Now my hair finally shows up in PW and its for the wrong class.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Freyju - Dreamweaver
    Freyju - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I thought about doing this earlier myself, but decided not to risk it (in the end I 'shopped some screenshots together to check it out, it's the safest way. Sure, it's only a little model swap but as really any file modifications can take away business and justify a ban).

I wish they had actually put more general hairstyles for the other races, as with the older designs they're pretty much shafted now (really, I hate random spikey hair to the numerous slightly different long hairstyles), only to log-on and find the only hairstyle I had and liked was missing and then seeing the TB's running around with those beautiful hairstyles...

It does look awesome, and seeing as the curly hair has been removed altogether from the creation screen... that hairstyle would certainly be a fitting replacement in my opinion as it looks more like an all-race style than to be singularly "fishy". b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm a female and my main is a Veno that is becoming a fashion addict... >_<;
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [removed][removed][removed][removed][removed]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The rules do not say "Don't edit .ini files", the rules say "Do not edit any files".

I'm not familiar with the customization colors for hair and such (I made my character over a year ago), but that does raise a good point. By using a mixture of simple right and left clicking on the customization screen, I know that it's possible to get the normal color choices for skin as well, instead of the strange one they have available. I've never done it, but I always wondered if it was bannable because it doesn't edit any files, and it doesn't hurt anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Kyryos - Sanctuary
    Kyryos - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Chibiusa, I'm not too familiar with the mechanics of this game but I used to swap .dat files in FFXI so i could see the cool unreleased animations when I casted spells that I chose to replace. If youre just swapping .dat files then the new hair should only appear that way to you... so even though you get the pretty hair, other people see the original hair under that title... because thats the file they have when the game loads that particular hair file name.

In other words, swapping .dat files is not only harmless (because it can affect noone else) but the only way I could imagine the GMs even finding out about it is through file verification processes which I WOULD HOPE they are busy working on other much more important things
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's a fact that every player with the new "Tideborn Update" got that files(tideborn hairstyles included of corse).
    Everyone else would see my char, like I did. Just logical!

It's not realy a cheating swapping, with onesided effects.
    Only a simple trick using"hairy styles" u cant chose (not yet) by hair editor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Freyju - Dreamweaver
    Freyju - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Chibiusa, I wasn't intending to bring up the general ban thing - I was only stating why I hadn't tried it myself, as a simple bit of caution on my own part as the rules stated that no files are to be edited, files aren't specifically stated so the general assumption would mean that none of the files should be edited outside of the game and/or development team.

And as for the colour on the premade character design, the colours could have possibly been made on an earlier colour editor, however the colour still technically exists but isn't shown to be actively selectable before being limited in a final release as most colour palettes will have different variations before a final one is released from what I have found going over files for other things.

And the hair should theoretically be visible due to it being a direct model ID swap. Instead of it loading up only on the single user's system the game would load up the hair file specific to that number once it connects to the server. Whereas, if you were to pull and swap files that only you had found and activated or swapped out - only you would see the changes.

Really, I just wanted to thank you for showing it, because I'm too slack to do any test modifications myself...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm a female and my main is a Veno that is becoming a fashion addict... >_<;
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And no, I wasn't scared of doing that, I just know what I do.
    Didn't harmed somebody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think you are trying too hard to look for an excuse of why you can do it. Maybe you should ticket or wait for a GM response because no matter what you say It's up to their point of view if you infringed the rules or not. Good luck.
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think that the hairstyles (at the very least, the ones without the seashells) should have been made all class. I also think we should be able to edit colors with RBG or CMYK values instead of that color chart thing. I don't think you should get banned for what you did. All it is is changing what you look like. It's not like you started yesterday and edited your level to 95.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Everyone knows that modifying ini files isn't okay. I hate to rain on the parade but any thread made promoting this or explaining how to do it will be locked.
This discussion has been closed.