Sever-Switching Question...

natdiv
natdiv Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I've been playing PWI for a good few months now, but there are still so many things I'm curious about. One thing concerns servers. I'm playing on Lost City at the moment but might want to try Raging Tide just for kicks, since it's PvE and it'd be nice to check out. But I've never known if it's safe to check out other servers for a little while without losing my characters on my current server. I've browsed through plenty of posts asking about character transfer, which I know isn't possible, but couldn't find the answer to the question that's always bugged the back of my mind.

So, in short, can I check out Raging Tide without losing my characters on Lost City? If I don't like Raging Tide, is it safe to switch back where I'll find my characters exactly as I've left them? Logic tells me it's okay, but I just want to check before I actually try it out later. Heh. I'm very cautious when it comes to some things. :/
Post edited by natdiv on

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i know lot people with lot char in almost all server so i guess it safe
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • natdiv
    natdiv Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hm. I'm sure it's fine, then. Thank you. (:
  • Amaraye - Heavens Tear
    Amaraye - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yup. Pretty sure the characters you make on one Server will stay on that server. So go try Raging Tide! I really want to try it too! But I like playing with friends and all of mine are on Heaven's Tear. Big shout out to faction S3xy!

Our characters are safe unless there is a mass server clean to remove non-active accounts...
    I wonder if they do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Moving in Harmony with Discord
  • Protasio - Lost City
    Protasio - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yup. Pretty sure the characters you make on one Server will stay on that server.
    And what about if I created my character in one realm but want it to stay in another one? I created Protasio in Lost City but now I would prefer to keep it in Harshlands and stay there. I'm guessing character transfer is not available after reading this:
    natdiv wrote: »
    I've browsed through plenty of posts asking about character transfer, which I know isn't possible
    Is this true? If so, then what can I do? but if it's not, and actually character transfer is possible, how do I do it? and if I do that, would I keep my character just as it was in Lost City? same look/appearance, name, lvl, armor, money, skills, quests done, and everything else? Thanks.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You could create a new character on the other server with the same name, but transferring the actual character isn't possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Protasio - Lost City
    Protasio - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You could create a new character on the other server with the same name, but transferring the actual character isn't possible.
    Is not? that's the only way? Dang it! that sucks b:cry. What I didn't want to do was erase my character because creating characters is boring because of all of the customization details, plus I'm going to have to send all my armor to my other character in Lost City before deleting this one so I don't loose it, but mail is kind of expensive so I'm going to have to keep playing with it until I get enough money for everything I want to send. And, I'll have to wait a week for my character to be completely deleted so I can use it's name again on the other realm. But I guess I got no choice b:sad Thanks anyways.
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And, I'll have to wait a week for my character to be completely deleted so I can use it's name again on the other realm. But I guess I got no choice b:sad Thanks anyways.

The "character name already used" only applies to the server you are on. You are allowed to have characters on multiple servers with the same name.