When will the skin pigment glitch be fixed?

Options
AlKaizen - Sanctuary
AlKaizen - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
Kantorek wrote:
Changing the skin color of the Tideborn will only change the body and not the face.

When might this glitch be fixed? I want to change my character's skin color, but I don't want to walk around with two different skin colors.

Also, if this error isn't fixed in 48 hours then those that wanted to change their skin color but stuck with the default due to this glitch would not be able to fix their characters to the way they want them to look.

Other than this crippling error, everything else looks great. I just hope this is fixed VERY SOON, or I may have to reroll my character...

EDIT: Seems my girlfriend can change her skin pigment just fine, but I can't...Is this happening to just a few people?
Post edited by AlKaizen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Please try to post in the right section, it really does help immensely.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When might this glitch be fixed? I want to change my character's skin color, but I don't want to walk around with two different skin colors.

Also, if this error isn't fixed in 48 hours then those that wanted to change their skin color but stuck with the default due to this glitch would not be able to fix their characters to the way they want them to look.

Other than this crippling error, everything else looks great. I just hope this is fixed VERY SOON, or I may have to reroll my character...

EDIT: Seems my girlfriend can change her skin pigment just fine, but I can't...Is this happening to just a few people?

skin for which class? tideborn? i dont have any problems with it.

but the VENO thing is kinda annoying. im solid tan on MY screen, but on everybody elses i'm tan face and porcelean body, until they zoom in or get close enough. THAT is majorly annoying, and i wish it'd be fixed sometime.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I personally had no issue changing the color for my entire character, but I can't speak for everyone.
  • Lilsan - Dreamweaver
    Lilsan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When you create a new character, you can change the color of the skin but the faces color stays the same. It's really lame.

Heard it has something to do with the ATI Graphics Card Chip Set. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I don't wanna be a pale powder color forever. lol

Just looks kinda weird too running around with dark skin body but the face pale white as snow. It's really strange.
  • SonjaLocke - Heavens Tear
    SonjaLocke - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have this same problem too, my TB toon has a nice grennish tan but the face is all pale. Just notice ATI has a new Catalast release out also, lets see if it that. b:chuckle
  • botstyle
    botstyle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm having an error in the graphics, I tried to solve everything anyway b:sad... I have problem in the part of the Graphic part of the Body and Face ... Here are the errors:

Body:
    erro1t.jpg

Face:
    erro2vi.jpg

How to solve?

Thanks b:thanks

*Excuse my English* D:
  • Foxy_Meko - Lost City
    Foxy_Meko - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Since they're face color cant be change most ppl didnt change their body color even though they dont like the color (I know i dont)
    so i was wondering when u fixed the bug (probably next week?)... will u give us a chance to edit our char? or do we have to buy ourselves a scroll just to change our skin color, or use the scroll that we get from the quest later on rather than save it for when u release more hair?

Pls no rude comments, this is mostly for GMs to read although i dont mind seeing how many ppl agree or disagrees
  • SnuggleWolf - Harshlands
    SnuggleWolf - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i agree i want like some dark blackish purple looking assassin but i dont want him running around with a blue face like his suffocating b:chuckle
    ALL SHALL FEAR MY WRATH AND MY.......SNUGGLES?b:puzzled
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    o.o my sin is all the same color....

[edit] and definitely not blue...
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Krados - Raging Tide
    Krados - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yep, i was wondering the same thing. Thx for bringing this up :)
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This is a known issue and we are working on resolving it.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Shezmu - Lost City
    Shezmu - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This is just a little trick of PWI its bugged now later its fixed but since the character has been created a while ago you will have to BUY "makeover scrolls" they are soo smart at PWI ^^
  • wrigh516
    wrigh516 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have this issue too.
    ty
    I r assassin
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    This is a known issue and we are working on resolving it.

Does this mean you will also be issuing free makeovers for people who cannot as of now make the character look how they want, and have to settle for a skin tone that they do not necessarily desire?
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Eumi - Lost City
    Eumi - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dont you get a makeover scroll at lvl 30? O_O
  • grief
    grief Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    can we get an ETA on this? i want to play one of the new classes but i will wait for this bug to be fixed, just wondering how long this will take
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dont you get a makeover scroll at lvl 30? O_O

I doubt you will be able to slowly beat Kun Kun to death with your psychic's sphere when there are tonns of assassins after it...

b:sad
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
This discussion has been closed.