Is this a viable option?

GlowNTheDark - Heavens Tear_1261657254
edited December 2009 in Assassin
As a sin is it possible to go 1str 9dex every 2lvls like a pure dex archer?
Post edited by GlowNTheDark - Heavens Tear_1261657254 on

Comments

• NomuraAkashi - Sanctuary
    NomuraAkashi - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    After playing around with build a bit, I would say not. What people forget about Archers is that they are long rang attackers, and can usually take a mob or opponent down before it reaches them, if not, they have knock back to fix that. As a Barb, or Bm have you landed a hit on an Archer? Yeah they go down easy if you get in close. Assassin's though are melee close range fighters. Past lvl 20, mobs that you should have no problem with, will have you at half your hp. So I would put one in vit every other lvl. I'm doing 3 dex, 1 vit, 1 str. then 4 dex 1 str. I might switch it up a little too.

remember, while Assassin's (Sin) are a dex build, they are close range and need some Vit. Don't listen to those that say your a noob for not going 4 dex 1 str, they won't be laughing when they are dropping like flies later on.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also, while an archer could in theory go 1 str 9 dex, they'd be giving up the ability to wear, well, any armor.

A real pure dex archer is 1 str, 4 dex every level, since LA requires (level+4) str and dex.
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    But then again, if you go 4 dex 1 str per level the mobs will most likely get 1-3 hits on you. If you add vit, your sacrificing damage.

Think of sin's kid of like an archer, except close range. If archer's add vit, yes they can survive longer, but they can't hit as hard, causing the mob to reach them before they kill it.