Screen flashing black

Options
Aelric - Lost City
Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
After the expansion, I'm having a problem where my screen keeps going black for a few seconds, then flashes back to the game for less than a second, then back to black, over and over again. Any ideas? b:shocked wanna play with my new flashy Tideborn lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
-Dr. Seuss
b:victory
Post edited by Aelric - Lost City on

Comments

• Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    UPDATE: only happening in tideborn area
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Mcflugal - Lost City
    Mcflugal - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's cuz theres so many people online in tideborn areas most likely. Venos wanting to snag new pets, guildmasters recruiting, and of course all the new tideborn peoples.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Call 'em "Sins"..."****" just sounds wrong.
    "Hey mom just 5 more minutes im playing with my ****"
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    really?... so its messing up because of the number of ppl... thats not good at all......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • t3h1ns4n30n3
    t3h1ns4n30n3 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Happened to me as well. I wanna play my sin... b:cry
  • chanim
    chanim Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mine was doing the exact same thing but I finally figure out that it only blinks when you are facing toward the teleport area...at least I think it is the teleport area. I havent actually been able to see the building because my screen begins blinking everytime I position my camera toward the area.
  • Amaraye - Heavens Tear
    Amaraye - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh dear...my problem too! I was sure it had something to do with the numbers. I never seen so many moving green dots on my mini map before!

I find that the flashing starts when I am facing to the person you acquire the supply stash from. Kinda sucks. b:shocked

So i just switched over to my Cleric and Veno for the night...-_- I wonder how long it will be until numbers die down in the beginning area!b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Moving in Harmony with Discord
  • Izuna - Harshlands
    Izuna - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:surrender Same problem here, i figured that if i turned the graphics all the way down it would work... but it didnt b:cry.

Oh well, time to lvl my nix :3
  • Wingozilliah - Heavens Tear
    Wingozilliah - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:surrender Somehow it seems to have even more than archosaur! I hate it cause its just doesn't seem right...like slow down peoples. I'm making mine manana!

P.S. I hate screen flashes I restarted my computer...it kind of worked.
  • glall
    glall Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    its not the number of people
    its when u face twords the teleporter n there places where u look and it flashes...i wanna see what those places look like but i cant cuz of the flashing...b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This is a confirmed issue. We are working on establishing a pattern with player's PCs.

Working theories so far:

Certain ATI video chipsets.

Direct 11 being used on some video cards not really designed for Direct 10.1 and 11.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • jiksuig
    jiksuig Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ya assassin my a*s dude. I was so hyped to play then. BAM BLACK SCREEN. Go back to gameplay. BAM.

Seriously PWI bad expansion, not cause of the classes, but the people on the classes, we need more servers. Or something. Fix now or panda mad b:angry
    Certain ATI video chipsets.

I doubt it really. If it was that then why doesn't this happen in other classes? Like I said. New servers for more room. Do something else or something. Besides my ATI video chip (Raedon x1800) works excellent in Dx 11 and 10. So why would you say CERTAIN? It's the game, and no matter what. I'm still playing

I'm going back to my Panda -.-
  • IonPanda - Dreamweaver
    IonPanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ya Double post sorry spare me. But I sweat the reason I'm getting that is cause of the teleport thing I'm looking at in the beggining. Wtf? Ya major awesome job. Please fix.
    [SIGPIC]http://youtube.com/frogpanda1[/SIGPIC]
    Loose the zero get with the hero...cause I'm cool as ICE!
  • Dhboy - Dreamweaver
    Dhboy - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pretty disapointing customer service from PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death smiles at us all.
    All a man can do is smile back.
  • IonPanda - Dreamweaver
    IonPanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wow. I'm on the urge to quit and go to WoW (Even thought I'm getting it already) I was hoping to find a good customer service. But someone thats a panda fan (I guess he is?) I would hope for more. But really. Idc if there is more. I want a god damn assassin >:(

Until someone fixes I'm leaving PWI kk thx BAI BAI
    [SIGPIC]http://youtube.com/frogpanda1[/SIGPIC]
    Loose the zero get with the hero...cause I'm cool as ICE!
  • Arkanbr - Raging Tide
    Arkanbr - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Play in window mode. It works for me.

ATI video card.
  • cyph121
    cyph121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Play in window mode. It works for me.

ATI video card.

It stops the flashing, but the game gets really slow at the same moments as when the flashing would normally start...

This way you can atleast see what you are doing, but because of the lag it is not really playable... at least not if you want to enjoy the game.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 with 6GB of RAM, videocard ATI HD3850 1GB, Processor is an AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core 2,4 GHz.

Running on newest DirecX.

Also tried to turn off xfire to check if that caused the problem and compatiblility settings to windows XP SP2 did not work either.

I am all out of options right now, any help would be welcome (and an fix would be most welcome.)
This discussion has been closed.