If I played with this much cash how far would I get?

revolutionl
revolutionl Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Chronicles
$40
I'll invest 40 and no more
Also next to a nice flying mount could I compete or enjoy myself with the other players?
Post edited by revolutionl on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You can be competitive with $0 and you could also get owned if you spend $100 a month. Really hard to answer that question. But, as for most players, I would say you would not be competitive especially in PvP. If you wish to spend little to no money on the game, then you must apply a **** load of time efficiently while playing the game.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    40 dollars in this game is nothing
    other people spend thousands and and mostly hundreds
  • revolutionl
    edited December 2009
    You can be competitive with $0 and you could also get owned if you spend $100 a month. Really hard to answer that question. But, as for most players, I would say you would not be competitive especially in PvP. If you wish to spend little to no money on the game, then you must apply a **** load of time efficiently while playing the game.

I can't stand pvp no matter what game so I'm talking about PvE as in will groups reject me because I'm not pro enough
  • revolutionl
    edited December 2009
    I can't stand pvp no matter what game so I'm talking about PvE as in will groups reject me because I'm not pro enough
    As in can I hold my own in PvE?
    the 40 is just for mounts and maybe some help thats all
    edited December 2009
    You should be fine playing with $0 in PvE. The only reason that I know you would be rejected from a squad is due to low hp (get killed by AoE a lot).
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Use it to buy yourself a good, fast +3/+5 fly and a decent mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • revolutionl
    edited December 2009
    You should be fine playing with $0 in PvE. The only reason that I know you would be rejected from a squad is due to low hp (get killed by AoE a lot).
    I'm assuming this is end game right? How would I be till then? or would this no cs be a why bother game moment?
    edited December 2009
    Level 1-50 Bosses are relatively easy and dont require much work to take them down. At level 50-60, theres 1 or 2 bosses that have aoe and deal quite a bit of damage. At level 60+ new places to explore opens up and many of the bosses will have high damage AoEs, so robe classes, glass cannons (clerics, wizzies) might die if they have really horrid gear. But, from my experience a bit of work in game can easily get you good enough gear for all these squad aspects.

If you want to spend your $40 wisely, I would get either a nice 3/5aerogear or a 11speed land mount or some inventory/safe extension stones.
  • revolutionl
    edited December 2009
    Level 1-50 Bosses are relatively easy and dont require much work to take them down. At level 50-60, theres 1 or 2 bosses that have aoe and deal quite a bit of damage. At level 60+ new places to explore opens up and many of the bosses will have high damage AoEs, so robe classes, glass cannons (clerics, wizzies) might die if they have really horrid gear. But, from my experience a bit of work in game can easily get you good enough gear for all these squad aspects.

If you want to spend your $40 wisely, I would get either a nice 3/5aerogear or a 11speed land mount or some inventory/safe extension stones.

ohh so you really need to care about your gear from lv 50-60? will if so good I'm playing RoM atm great game but I was courous abou this
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm assuming this is end game right? How would I be till then? or would this no cs be a why bother game moment?
    No this is not end game just get your hp up either through equipment or shards.You don't need to spend a dime just play the gold market at the auction house.I would just go and play and discover the game.
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    CS for the most part doesn't even come into play until the higher levels (mostly used for refining gear, which is a waste until 70+ and spending a lot refining is a waste until 90+). Unless you waste all your time in the game you will earn more than enough to standard equipment with no cash spending unless you go PvP (which you said you don't want to, so its a moot point).

You should be fine as long as you don't play fast and free with your money with just the $40 initial. Of course this can differ to some degree depending on your class. I.E. Cleric will be wanted even with subpar gear, Barb NEEDS better gear for high end dungeons, but if slumming can get away with subpar gear. And I have heard that some Veno's have trouble getting groups without a cash shop pet (although I think that may be more because of the quality of the player and the lack of Herc/Nix being getting blamed).

Edit: I would suggest getting Safe/Inventory extension stones over a mount. Mounts are good in theory, but usually wind up being more fashion than anything. I would put a good Aerogear at top priority though.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well what class are you and such helps too

the items i would go for would be a cheap flyer or mount. the mount a panther or snow cub is as good as any others and cheap as chips. for a flyer you get a free one at lvl 30 it is slow however. clerics do alright with thier starter wings and maxed flying passive skill also.

other then that inventory stones and safe stones will make you able to hold more which makes you more efficent and able to make more money. that means you dont have to spend as much rl money since you can buy it in game b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pale1
    pale1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Clerics or archers with flying skill maxed, don't really need a mount in PVE. Reached lvl 81 without ever spending real money and still managed to be able to play. b:cute
    It's possible, just takes a lot more time to get some of the nicer gear compared to people who put money in. Ofcourse some things are only available in cash shop and they do give a big advantage, but you don't need them to be able to play.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    me reached 81 without spending a cent.
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lebowski - Lost City
    Lebowski - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you play on a PvE server and stay blue names and dont care about territory wars, $40 is plenty to enjoy game. Play a veno class and that will make things much easier as well for they require, by far, least amount of money to maintain so you can easily buy gold through auction house later for any further stuff needed.

I suggest buy the inventory stone to max out bag storage first. Next, when you hit level requirement, buy the fastest flying mount you can get with remaining money.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yeah $40 is more then enough to get you started, I'd personally recomend super inv/bank extension stones. If you go Cleric or archer you can altogether skip CS wings (though archers can have trouble with beginner wings due to lack of mp). mounts are kinda useless, but if you plan to farm mats you kinda need one. then I'd recommend saving your money till hp charms or something good goes on sale and buy some.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No one said this yet:

Every item obtainable in the cash shop is also obtainable in game, using in game coins. You can sell your gold [bought with real money] for in game coins using the Auction House. At the Auctioneers there is a description of how to do this.

Lots of people sell flyers and mounts for prices lower than what they would be using the gold/coin ratio, since mounts are permanent items. Inventory and safe stones are harder to get in game; not that many people sell them. But I'd advise buying one of those if you want it [there are 2 quests in game that allow you to expand your bank a bit, personally I just did these and I'm fine]. Then sell the rest of your gold via the auction house to get in game coins.

This will probably allow you to get the most out of your money.

Though I would advise trying to put off spending as long as possible. It is very easy to play this game free in the early levels. But the earlier you start using cash shop items, the harder it is to stop.
  • Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver
    Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    >.> read this person's previous threads its all the same thing -.-; seriously this guy needs to stop trolling
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dont do it. its not worth it. i dropped $50 on this game and that got me some clothes and a mount and updated skills. well now theres new more expensive clothes, faster mounts and need 20+ more skill updates. better to just save up your coins
  • MagicGerbil - Lost City
    MagicGerbil - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    $40
    I'll invest 40 and no more
    Also next to a nice flying mount could I compete or enjoy myself with the other players?

Stop trolling! I knew I saw your name somewhere!

Is this game cash oriented?

How much do you spend on this mmrpg?

if I played w/o cs

I would go on linking threads YOU started but you're a TROLL!
This discussion has been closed.