Buttom part of the map doesnt show?

noheaven23
noheaven23 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
Alright so as the title says my map is apparently to big for my screen unless i put it on a low resolution.. I'm currently using a 32" monitor any suggestions or tips?
Post edited by noheaven23 on

Comments

• Nightshadow - Heavens Tear
    Nightshadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm having same problem with my 22' widescreen monitor. i can't even click the telports dots in tideborn area. Thats anoying because i have to fly all the way from dreamweaver to get there without teleports.

We already had this isue with widescreen resolutions but, except for harshlands teleports, wasn't any problem from moving me. I really thought they would fix that with the expansion.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2009
    Do you have the "widescreen" option checked?

if you do, uncheck it, also, on some widescreen resolutions (i.e. 1680x1050) a little bit of the top is cut off.

hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Do you have the "widescreen" option checked?

if you do, uncheck it, also, on some widescreen resolutions (i.e. 1680x1050) a little bit of the top is cut off.

hope that helps.

No mater if i tick or untick that option, nothing changes. I have a resolution of 1920x1080.

Don't tell me to play at lower resolution or a non widescreen one because game looks so bad that way.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    World map does not resize in 16:9 ratios. It is only visible in 4:3 ratios.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited December 2009
    You planning to fix it? because it really annoys not being able to teleport to Raging Tides.

ty
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yea, i have always had this problem, top and bottom cut off on my screen. i could never teleport to the snow villages up top and JUST BARELY could click on the TP dot to misforturne city.

and now i can barely even see the tideborn areas on the map.

i really do wish you guys would fix this. you need to keep up with the technology, and widescreen monitors are pretty much all that'll be around sooner or later.
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    We know about it, the devs in China know about it, but it hasn't been fixed yet.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • maxtwelve
    maxtwelve Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love the game, but I play at 3840x1024 and the map is useless 90% of the time. I am finding the the trick of switching resolutions down to temporarily make it usable is causing me to crash to the desktop most of the time now.

If the game is not fully playable at these resolutions, why have them selectable in the UI menu?

Thanks.
    Join me as your Atlantis West Recruiter, under Functions>Induct. Select "Set Recruiter" button and enter the following code: 0630281G030009043008330S3e3f82
    :cool:
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    PC gaming, and game development is always a gamble.

Millions of system configurations, and you have to hope that your program will run, or run well on all of them.

The game was originally dev'd in China about 4-5 years ago. Widescreen ratios, and multiple displays were not widely available in China, and the game was dev'd then.

We apologize for the inconvenience.b:victory
  • gus34
    gus34 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ya i had top and bottom black bar'd but now that i'm out of game my computer monitor is permanently black bar'd at the top at a res of 1680x1050

i've tried every fix i could think of and even reformatted my whole computer and it still haunts me, why have that checkbox when they got all the resolutions
This discussion has been closed.