Coming of Age: Will

drmarley
drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I keep finding Duke Black but failing the quest - other people I know are having the same problem. Is it glitched?
Post edited by drmarley on

Comments

• XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ...I really wanna say something. But I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy my chortles instead. b:laugh
  • Nightshadow - Heavens Tear
    Nightshadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm having the same problem, timer to duke stays at 00:00 and nothing happens.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *In a horribly cliched accent, while wearing a clearly fake white geezer's beard*

You young 'uns d'ese days rack disprine! To complete daunting feats of wirrpower, you must rook beyond materiar gain and towards your spirituar enrightenment! >=O

Do not ret the promises of voices unseen dissuade you from your path! Be as immovabre as the mighty River Guard standing watch over Prume!
    edited December 2009
    *In a horribly cliched accent, while wearing a clearly fake white geezer's beard*

You young 'uns d'ese days rack disprine! To complete daunting feats of wirrpower, you must rook beyond materiar gain and towards your spirituar enrightenment! >=O

Do not ret the promises of voices unseen dissuade you from your path! Be as immovabre as the mighty River Guard standing watch over Prume!

uh? b:laugh
    edited December 2009
    Someone told me that i need to stay at the star on the ground near the teleport and wait for timers to count down. I also did that, and nothing.

I have the quest: Mystery Weapon and the timer is at 0:00:00 b:cry

If some of you did, can you post how?b:surrender

ty
    edited December 2009
    SOLVED: When timer was stuck at 00:00 i just relogged and quest continued xD
  • Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
    Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if any1 gets timer stuck at 0:00 just relog and it shud work. it did for me anyways b:victory
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *chuckle* People will fall for anything these days, won't they...?

It's a test of WILL...

...figure it out. Here's a hint:

Once you hit Duke Blacke, you've already failed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • The_Devil_PT - Lost City
    The_Devil_PT - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lawl i tryed the relog and then what happened???, when i oppened my quest log it appeared a window saying "can't redo current quest" -.- any clue on how to do this damn quest?
  • UntamedFreak - Lost City
    UntamedFreak - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this quest, when u get it, stay near the teleporter, don't teleport to archosaur and allow the timer to count down. No matter what the quest said, don't move and you will clear the quest.b:laugh as for those who did, trash , relogin and redo. i did that and it works
  • Ashieka - Sanctuary
    Ashieka - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    @UntamedFreak,

Thank you so much. I was so confused.

Good Quest. It had me going. b:chuckle
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:cry I relogged, got the timer, talked to Duke Blacke, and now I can't get the quest back no matter what I do and I can;t get all the tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lotsadonuts
    lotsadonuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well if perfect world support enjoy being bombarded with bug reports then I suspect they suceeded admirably.
  • _azazel_ - Lost City
    _azazel_ - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lawl i tryed the relog and then what happened???, when i oppened my quest log it appeared a window saying "can't redo current quest" -.- any clue on how to do this damn quest?

Trash the quest THEN relog.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "hold the position given by the Elder, and dont leave no matter what happens"

<____<
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Swiftalopex - Sanctuary
    Swiftalopex - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How long do you have to stay there before the quest is considered completed?
  • ILadyGodiva - Heavens Tear
    ILadyGodiva - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I made it to duke in time but I still didnt get the quest. My guess its riged to be impossable, even if u do get it. Its cruel b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/designasite/ilady.png[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Sataila for the wonderful siggy!
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    Pledge - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How long do you have to stay there before the quest is considered completed?

As much as I'm loving this, can't stand to see PPL suffer over this little quest, so hre goes...

Who are gonna listen to, an elder, or a pop-up message?

Maybe the pop-up but I dunno, here are some hints to clue you in:

1. you are asked to stay in one place for a period of time, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU LEAVE THE SPOT. Probably the first thing that comes to mind would be a crazy swarm of mobs trying to overtake and kill you, but guess what? You are staying in the center of a well-protected city! What else could POSSIBLY throw you off track?

2. WHO IS DUKE BLACKE? What authority does he have that can convince you to MOVE from the place that you stay in to HIM for a level 16 magical equipment? Perhaps those of you who went is confused about it, guess what? Duke then broadcasts in general chat your name out loud and that you should resist temptations, is that clue enough?b:chuckleb:laugh

3. If you could just PATIENTLY ignore Duke for his level 16 weapon, later this pop-up will come up (not copying word or word but from memory, some variations may occur):

I cannot believe that you missed out on the Duke's first prize, no matter, his second prize is a powerful artifact that he only trusts a true responsible people to place it in your care, what are you waiting for? Go find him!

So uh... Yeah... there's a scam for you right there.

4. If you resisted that temptation, wait and then it will show this (again, copying from memory):

I cannot believe that you missed out on such great chances, no matter, Duke has one final price in his hands, a never-before seen mount in Perfect World, it is a white horse with angel wings, capable of going 15 m/s at acceleration! What are you waiting for? Go get it!

Yeah right! GMs BAN People for making comments like that, don't be so believing, if you could have that mount for free, you'll pwn everyone in every single race, and no GM can ever make that happen!

5. Congratulations, you resisted three temptations and you are free to go back.

PS: IF YOU ARE WONDERING HOW LONG THE NEXT POP-UP COMES, THE REMAINING TIME OF THE FIRST POP-UP IS DISPLAYED IN YOUR QUEST LOG.
    I'm a male... Humanoid... Thing... Well, I'm full of something.
  • ILadyGodiva - Heavens Tear
    ILadyGodiva - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:chuckleomg i fell stupid now...thanks for the info
    [SIGPIC]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/designasite/ilady.png[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Sataila for the wonderful siggy!
  • Dominatrixee - Harshlands
    Dominatrixee - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    so tempting ... must resist urge to tell...more fun that way!b:chuckle
  • PureGirl - Sanctuary
    PureGirl - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When they say abt Duke backe don be cheated!Just stay where u r until the quest say back to Elder.It's just a test for your greedy:)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    OMG people are actually trying to find duke on WILL?

people...the devs have a wonderfully twisted sense of humor

just stay still

and lol at people who run around for HOURS trying to get to duke in timeb:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • HolyRavage - Lost City
    HolyRavage - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    + 1 to the devs -1 to greediness ...

Peace
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    + 1 to the devs -1 to greediness ...

Peace

b:heart

I only didn't fail this quest because I read this thread while I was still patching. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • wandera
    wandera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is really for the creators of the game or a GM in the know.

Spot the differnce in these 2 screen shots and tell me why. As I followed 2 different routes in quests while questing to get these results.

First link shows me waiting as told by other players but this was not the test your will quest from the Coming of Age quest. Note the timers shown in quest log and on screen tracking. Also in the quest log it is not a sub quest of Coming of Age.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandera1970/4209266514/

In screen shot you see me doing the Coming of Age quest and waitng as told by the npc. Note that the quest Magic animal is under the quest Coming of Age and there is a 1 timer with no time limit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandera1970/4209266744/

Please understand my confusion and wish to know. As adviced by online GM.s and via emial all I get directed to is this page on the forums.

I know players are generally are a helpful source of information for the game. However they did not create the game or its quests.

Was there a glitch? Was I missinformed and through this missinformation lost a mount (which some say would be to fast for racing. However it states 15m/s under acceleration and not normal running speed)

Can some one please explain the differences and why?

Thanks

P.S
    For those of you who want the bit map images rather than the copies of it the links are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandera1970/4208536583/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandera1970/4209300726/
  • RieSaka - Heavens Tear
    RieSaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LOL this tells how greedy ppl are.
  • bb0324
    bb0324 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I trashed the quest b4 i relogged and that worked for me
  • razrielus
    razrielus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wonder if the same people falling for this one are the ones who also send all their personal information and bank account info to those cheery wealthy and generous Nigerians... b:chuckle
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That's the greatest quest ever, I got myself that mount that's in the cash shop now as a reward from the quest. My vendor alt that I also did the quest with got 20 anniversary packs. Got myself 2 best lucks and a lunar wing trophy from those. It's about time quests started giving good rewards.

The trick is you need to start it when duke is in the east area of arch, by the boats because you don't get much time. It's best to have a spotter for it. Once he's there start the quest, teleport to arch when it says to find duke, and get to him FAST. Holy path helps a ton, the south arch teleport is fastest.

You only have a few seconds to get there, the quest has a hidden timer on it that seems to expire before the normal timer does. If you get there in time, and request a quest quickly enough (don't bother reading what duke says, you just need to get there, hit quest related, and go through it, the top quest is the one you need... if you pause to read you might not have time) he'll send you into the waters east of him. You'll get a few minutes to kill a couple of mobs, it wasn't too hard. Then go back to him and get the prize.
  • thinefather
    thinefather Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok so can any class besides tideborn get this quest? i was told all other classes get a lvl 41 and not 40 and i cant seem to find it. any help?
This discussion has been closed.