PWI Tideborn Expansion PC Requirements Update

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
I want to let you all know in case you are new to the game how much hard drive space you will need.

Answer:
15GBs Total

4.2GBs to download
4.2GBs to extract files
4.2GBs to install

I round up to 5GBs (for each 4.2) and 15GB.

If you are a CURRENT player, you will need at least another 1.4-ishGBs (5GBs total) of space for the new expansion.

My recommended free space that you should have to keep Windows happy, and to be able to play the game is 20GBs.

As for more content being added visually, you may need to turn down the graphics Settings, especially if you have integrated graphics on a budget PC or non-3d gaming laptop. The system requirements haven't really changed, there is just more things populating the game.

When in doubt, add RAM.

Edit: 8:14am PT Dec 17, 2009 - Having patching issues?

The new patch is 834MB. You must have a stable and fast broadband internet connection to update the game. This can take awhile whether patching or autopatching.

If you keep getting a corrupt error, please try again a little bit later.
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "As for more content being added visually, you may need to turn down the graphics Settings, especially if you have integrated graphics on a budget PC or non-3d gaming laptop. The system requirements haven't really changed, there is just more things populating the game."

hope it not a boost on entire world cause im already always on low :S
    if it only in the new area it fine and normal to be beautiful
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my C: drive has 7 gb free but D: has 25 or so. so, after i finished updating, can i cut+paste the PWI folder from C: drive to D: drive? will this corrupt my installation or not?

oh and its not that i keep my media files in C: drive, it just gets full with the softwares installed. so, deleting is not an option.
  • KillercowD - Sanctuary
    KillercowD - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im afraid you cant just move it like that. It will not work
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dam.. well, at least im getting new pc soon :D
    tx for the info!
  • Rhonah - Lost City
    Rhonah - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So does the new patch have anything to do with me being unable to play as a Tideborn, even with graphics on the minimum settings, or is it just the number of people?

(I think it's the latter, I can still play my other character just fine)
  • Cinchin - Dreamweaver
    Cinchin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    same here the second i use my mouse to look around the screen starts to blink (black / normal) only happens on tideborn , other char works fine.
  • Cinchin - Dreamweaver
    Cinchin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    same here , all other chars are fine and smooth playing exept the Tideborn .
    the second i use mouse to look around the screens starts to blink .
  • Ktulhu - Dreamweaver
    Ktulhu - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    same here , all other chars are fine and smooth playing exept the Tideborn .
    the second i use mouse to look around the screens starts to blink .
    the same here
    do something plz b:cry
    "Американцы, ну они туупыыые..." (с) М. Задорнов
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I get that also. PWE, if you only fix one bug in the remainder of the year, it absolutely HAS to be this one. All other bugs, while annoying, don't interupt gameplay. This one makes gameplay impossible, which is very, very, bad for you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    Updated first post.
  • Hayles - Dreamweaver
    Hayles - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have problems with graphical... something...
    When I have played for like, maybe 30+ secs, the screen starts to flash; black and gamescreen, and I cant see anything and cant move my character. I have turned down graphs and res but no change (btw I have to change graphs outside of the game because I cant see ingame) :(
  • SkinRipper - Lost City
    SkinRipper - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Haii

I cant play PWI anymore

I update it and when I press "START" and then I get a pop-up with : ''Mal/Behav-024'' It seems to be a kind of virus.

I dunno what it that is, but I get that with all other PWE games,, like EtherSage and Jade Dynasty

I thought I had this before when the Ages of spirits came out.
    I did something so it worked.

But what I need to do to play PWI again, I would also love the try out the Tideborn :(
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    @skinripper

Please see the antivirus info in our FAQ. Link below. \/
  • SkinRipper - Lost City
    SkinRipper - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hmm,,, Im only 13, my sis 15 ,,

And I dont think I just may change our Antivirus software, we have defender and firewall on.

But if that the way I can play again I ll change it or ask my parents
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    Yes, ask your parents for help.
This discussion has been closed.