Problem

Starchief - Sanctuary
Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
i just created an assasin, enterred town, looked around, pretty. Then my screen started blinkin about every second. This only happens on my new char and is impossible to play. I have no problem playin any of my alts on any server with the exact same graphics settings:maxed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Starchief - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey maybe u should wait until the 12am time schedule!
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    the wha...?

and its 2:30 am atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the wha...?

and its 2:30 am atm

12am PST. Server time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hmm a similar problem sometimes happens on JD. Try lowering your graphics settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    ahh so ur not in Cali? 9pm - 12am PST!
  • _Kawaii_ - Harshlands
    _Kawaii_ - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm having the same problem. When on my tideborn character my entire screen blinks on and off.

Completely unplayable, and I have a top of the line computer.
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Guys wait until the servers r back online @ 12am PST, then see if it still does it
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i just created an assasin, enterred town, looked around, pretty. Then my screen started blinkin about every second. This only happens on my new char and is impossible to play. I have no problem playin any of my alts on any server with the exact same graphics settings:maxed

same problem and i can run HD on my main fine, ut with best performance on my alt, it blinks every 0.5 secs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Guys wait until the servers r back online @ 12am PST, then see if it still does it

The servers ARE online
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's a graphics issue in the starting town for the TideBorn, DragonFang Village. There is is a building to the east of "Vanguard Isis" that when I look it (regardless of graphical settings) creates massive graphical lag.

I have a new computer with a high-end ATI card. My guildies with lower-end PC's don't have the lag.

I think it's an animation or something that is a problem. I'm going to update my ATI drivers (if an update is available) and try again.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    It's a graphics issue in the starting town for the TideBorn, DragonFang Village. There is is a building to the east of "Vanguard Isis" that when I look it (regardless of graphical settings) creates massive graphical lag.

I have a new computer with a high-end ATI card. My guildies with lower-end PC's don't have the lag.

I think it's an animation or something that is a problem. I'm going to update my ATI drivers (if an update is available) and try again.

it doesnt matter where i look, just keeps blinkin on and off and then it crashes, doesnt matter what settings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm having the same issue now, the constant flashing, but it hasn't crashed. I can move to some extent during the flashes, but I can't seem to get away from whatever is causing the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • _Kawaii_ - Harshlands
    _Kawaii_ - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Okay it seems to only glitch out when I look at the main building in the Tideborn starting zone. When my camera is faced away the blinking stops.
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Having same issue but doesn't matter where I go or what I'm facing.

When I first log into my Tideborn character it seems fine for about 15 to 20 seconds then the black screen blinking starts. It flashes all black and sometimes holds the black screen for several seconds b4 flashing the normal game screen.

I have a brand new top of the line ATI card.

And DUH... it's not settings or the rest of the game wouldn't work just fine.

I can log into my other characters & play them just fine.

I haven't tried going to Tideborn on my veno... testing that now.

b:cry Oh wait... assassins aren't supposed to QQ
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My veno seems to be ok in Tideborn land with the exception of one blackout screen that hung & then went away. I'm cruising around with no difficulty now in Raging Tide city.

SO... if it's my card & settings then how can that be happening?

I'd say it's massive lag from too many ppl being on the new starting site at one time.
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Updating drivers does nothing to change the effect in DragonFang Village. Multiple settings changes both to the drivers and in the game does not change the graphical lag.

I have 3 computers at home with me.

Oldest: Windows XP, No graphical gag in DragonFang Village
    Newer: Windows Vista, No graphical lag in DragonFang Village
    Newest: Windows 7, massive graphical lag looking at the main building in DragonFang Village

Either the problem is with computers with the newest Graphics Cards, or maybe it's Windows 7?
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amatsuki - Lost City
    Amatsuki - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hmmmm....still no answer from no1 about this blinkig problem.i tried all a better computer lower graphics,updated drivers.one problem would be i think the lagg that the servers are having or some bug.Anyway i dont try to be mean or anything i know it is hard for the gms to fix all the ppl problems and i admire them for theyr hard work[and i am srry if what i said will cause some inconvenienceb:sad] but still you guys said if we wait till now there will be a smooth release of the new expansion.Waiting for an answer.Thank youb:thanksb:thanks P.S. a reply from the ppl that didnt encounter a problem would help also,so if some1 has no problems pls share your ''secret'' to the others
    A night sky full of cries,
    Hearts filled with lies,
    The contract
    Is it worth the price?
    A soul pledged to the darkness,
    Now I've lost it
    I know I can kill
    The truth exists beyond the gates...
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Hey Starchief scratch what I said earlier! I have seen a few posts w/ the same probs. And then I Am Suffering through it. I would say, give them 48 hrs. to fix or move on.
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have the same problem. Make your way outside of the main starting area to avoid this. This is only a temporary remedy.
  • darknites
    darknites Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am also having this problem. I have just updated my drivers and made sure i have no overclocking turned on. Running Windows 7 completely up to date. Sometings not right.
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Yeah most ppl. would call it a Glitch! Works on some, not on others. Glitch
  • TigerMeadow - Lost City
    TigerMeadow - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am also having this problem on my assassin, looking to the main building in the starting zone (almost impossible to walk around) Im running a Windows Vista x64 bit, drivers and Directx fully updated, looks as if this problem is on all the systems.. and at frist I thought it was my Graphics Card/Directx, but I just updated and restarted, still no luck :(
  • tsuki13
    tsuki13 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this exact same thing happened in JD when Ascention came out (personal victim) so its not really new...lets hope they fix the problem sooner than later this time since they should know what to do about it....then throw in that its an entirely differnt game and stuff....but unfortunalty there is nothing we can do about it until the glitch is fixed.
  • Skyliana - Lost City
    Skyliana - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    God damn it im having the same trouble
    X___X D: i cant play it :(
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    so any solution?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sanchez1
    sanchez1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I keep getting Black screen blinking **** at the starting village only, anywhere else i'm good, but sad part is I have a bunch of B.S. quest there, if anything I think that area is bugged!!!!!!!!!!!
    no say i dont have good computer or anything like ThatI've been running next gen games on this, like Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, Assasin Creed, web of shadows, Far cry2, and AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    all with high graphics
This discussion has been closed.