Expansion Rank System Flawed

willlbert
willlbert Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Nice that some will be able to show others countless hours or money spent to be noticed.

What I don't like, is the fact that they mentioned Boss damage as a way to add points to ones rankings. What about all the others who contribute to bringing down the boss who do not inflict damage, but yet contribute just as much.

Tank.. hold agro and takes a beating so others can survive to inflict damage.

Cleric who heals tank and if possible debuffs the boss. No damage given, but ample energy, time, resources to assist.

And others who also contribute. Does this mean only those who deliver ample DD are some notorious class who have every right to claim a title they did not achieve on their own?
Post edited by willlbert on

Comments

• Rheth - Sanctuary
    Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Are you talking about the new daily quest we will have? If so, I was unhappy about that as well. It stated that you will get xp from the amount of damage/the amount of drops you get/ etc. A barb is not going to do hardly any damage, a cleric is just mashing a single button to keep the tank alive. I think they should of went through each class and figured away that each would contribute in their own way. A barb = xp rate by how much damage they take, not damage given. A cleric = xp rate by damage and how much life they have healed of party members. The other classes are just pure DD. Kinda screwed out of the new daily quests if your a barb or a cleric :|
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    [insert premature speculation here] b:surrender
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I cant Belive QQduck start and the thing even release!!!! for god sake wait at least!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Willbert - Dreamweaver
    Willbert - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "The rewards from Public Quests are distributed in a unique manner, and they are based on each player's contribution. The more you have contributed to the quest, the higher grade reward you will get. For public quests, a ranking board will be displayed to let the player know their contribution, as well as ranks and rewards. As you might have guessed, contribution means how much you have done in a quest. The contribution value is based on your monster kills, quest items collections, and damage inflicted to the boss, etc."

Quote from the site. And its not QQ.. its called a forum to discuss things.. not diss ppl.. if you have issues with QQing then make your own forum to discuss your dislikes, because, frankly.. I dont give a dam about your issues.

If they have ETC as to how they distribute pts for ranking, I sure as well like to know. Since they did give some ideals as to what is being used. And so far.. its unbalanced.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I cant Belive QQduck start and the thing even release!!!! for god sake wait at least!!!!!!!!!
    Well the cleanest way to solve premature speculation this is a GM just answer plain and simple :d only takes less than 3min.

"The rewards from Public Quests are distributed in a unique manner, and they are based on each player's contribution. The more you have contributed to the quest, the higher grade reward you will get. For public quests, a ranking board will be displayed to let the player know their contribution, as well as ranks and rewards. As you might have guessed, contribution means how much you have done in a quest. The contribution value is based on your monster kills, quest items collections, and damage inflicted to the boss, etc."

What DOES the etc. include?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    It's not QQ >.> Its what I understood from what they said about the new daily quests, and how [and apparently not just me] see the flaws. Even if it may be considered QQing, at least its not flaming <.<
  • Willbert - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    It's not QQ >.> Its what I understood from what they said about the new daily quests, and how [and apparently not just me] see the flaws. Even if it may be considered QQing, at least its not flaming <.<

Wasnt refering to you.. was refering to the others not contributing but .... nm. ^^
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Quote from the site. And its not QQ.. its called a forum to discuss things.. not diss ppl.. if you have issues with QQing then make your own forum to discuss your dislikes, because, frankly.. I dont give a dam about your issues.

If they have ETC as to how they distribute pts for ranking, I sure as well like to know. Since they did give some ideals as to what is being used. And so far.. its unbalanced.

QFT

damage inflicted to the boss is just an example of one of the ways u can achieve contribution...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    If heals are not included i might just have the wizards heal for me b:chuckle
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Wasnt refering to you.. was refering to the others not contributing but .... nm. ^^

Wasnt referring to you either ;D
  • Willbert - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    QFT

damage inflicted to the boss is just an example of one of the ways u can achieve contribution...

oh.. and don't forget..
    your monster kills

Not squad.. or group.. but YOUR kills.. Im sure clerics and venos make ample kills during events..
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Should I hypothesize that the class of choice for people in this thread is... Psychic?

b:shockedb:chuckle

Sorry, I had to! I honestly don't think snap judgments can be made until the expansion is live.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    DDs unite b:victory
    I like pie
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I heard that the rank list is separated by class..im not very sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Actually i guess ill wait it out. Because what we are assuming right now would be pretty much an example of a FAIL developer not thinking(seriously doesnt take a genius). PWI has gone this far (albeit some glitches) and the china one seems to be doing fine. I shall keep my hopes up.

would be nice tho if a gm could pop in and add in some hope ;o
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    At this point speculation really nets nothing but wasted time. Might I suggest that we wait just a few more hours and see how things pan out. If it IS skewed, then come here, post in this thread your thoughts and experience with the new system, and see if we can't figure out whats going on.

Until we can actually PLAY the system though, we really have no idea what is being gauged by it so any speculation is simply a waste of time.

~Saitada
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1. its not out yet lets wait
    2. is this the 14796th or 14797th thread about this?
    3. its not out yet lets wait
    4. noone said u had to be in a squad
    5. its not out yet lets wait
    6. noone said clerics had to heal
    7. its not out yet lets wait
    8. insert sundry other obvious points
    9. its not out yet lets wait
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    1. its not out yet lets wait
    2. is this the 14796th or 14797th thread about this?
    3. its not out yet lets wait
    4. noone said u had to be in a squad
    5. its not out yet lets wait
    6. noone said clerics had to heal
    7. its not out yet lets wait
    8. insert sundry other obvious points
    9. its not out yet lets wait
    b:sleep
    Clerics are DD no if and or buts rofl b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Clerics are DD no if and or buts rofl b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

sorry dont speak troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pretty sure you gonna have to do these quests as a team or as a guild. Pretty sure having a random group of ppl running around killing stuff 1 by 1 wont lead to any nice rewards. You probably gonna have to set up some sort of zhen with wiz/archer/bm aoe/stun/dragon and a barb luring huge amounts of mobs.

So im guessing you must do these quests with a fixed group and than share the rings after you get them. Dont think going solo on public quest will lead to much more than **** your hp charm. So who gets the best rank w/e wont really matter since you wont get a group for it unless you are prepared to share the rewards, or keep doing it til everyone in the group has the ring. Just my guess tho, but knowing how stuffs works in PWI; Abomination City, Tournament and Hero mode in fbs (that we don't have here yet) etc is very group based.
  • Luen - Lost City_1267487130
    Luen - Lost City_1267487130 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    DD Cleric FTW!

I'm thinking of being a Paladin Cleric too. <_<
  • Malamer - Heavens Tear
    Malamer - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Warhammer online did PQ's, and if PWI's work anything like them the quest has an AoE radius so anyone who walks into that radius they can participate in the PQ. Healing, killing mobs, grabbing quest items, were included in the contribution, as well as other forms of contribution. The bad thing about WAR's PQ's was the way contribution was calculated. The bonus roll played a big part which often made it possible for someone to come in at the end of the last quest stage and snag 1st place because they got lucky and scored a high bonus to their contribution roll. PQ's are a fun way for many people to quest together without having to have a squad. As long as PWI calculates contribution in a less random manner it should be a blast.
  • Clevy - Heavens Tear
    Clevy - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Has anyone here ever played [removed]?

this sounds like the exact same thing from there and if its any good like[removed] system Tanks will get contribution think it was just the fact they soaked up the damage when the stronger monsters came and put them ahead..

Healers were kinda flawed on [removed] system but in the good way! they were usually always #1 contribution spot all they did was throw a HOT on everyone who had the slightest bit of damage

[discussion of other MMOs is not permitted here]