bm needing suggestions ^^

Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Blademaster
hi.
i know there are a tons of threads regarding genies. but i have a few specific questions about my genie and a pvp build.

i want to know if i can use my gamma genie for delta

genie for gammas 64vit/50mag (i got it a couple of days ago when i realized my str build sucks for gammas )
holy path lvl10
tingle mire lvl10
earthquake lvl10
alphamale lvl7

pve genie 60str/15mag
earthflame lvl1
tingle mire lvl9
tree of protection lvl6

i still need another skill for my pve genie, i not going to use extr. poison beacause is dex based. i cant decide what other skill str based it will be good enough for aoeing mobs or use once in a while instead of tingle mire, maybe something to resist damage...

pvp genie probably going for str/dex
im going for second wind cause it have less req than tree and i still want a heal skill
balance 5 fire 4 metal i think is a must for bms
true emptiness 3 metal 3 water good damage + mag res.
thunderstorm 7 fire with the other 3 skills reqs and needing a skill to do some extra damage i think this one is the obvious choice...

can you guys give me any advice, suggestions...
thank you all in advance
[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    pvp genie probably going for str/dex
    im going for second wind cause it have less req than tree and i still want a heal skill
    balance 5 fire 4 metal i think is a must for bms
    true emptiness 3 metal 3 water good damage + mag res.
    thunderstorm 7 fire with the other 3 skills reqs and needing a skill to do some extra damage i think this one is the obvious choice...

can you guys give me any advice, suggestions...
    thank you all in advance

I wouldn't make a genie STR AND DEX. Even making it just one of the two is not as strong as I would hope since I put some points in to MAG for faster recovery. Since some of your points will need to go to VIT for the min energy req, splitting the points between STR and DEX will make skills from either side weak eve with a lucky genie. I went for 2 genies, a STR and a DEX one for maximum damage output, and there are also some overlapping skills.

If you only have one or can only make one genie atm, I would suggest you to go with a STR genie. Most of the useful DEX skills are against HA and they don't post as big of a threat to you as AA casters. With a STR genie, you of course have Balance and True Emptiness.

Balance will be most useful against wiz or in group PvP since you'll get hit by more than one elements. There are elemental resistances that are better against Clerics and Venos if you are 1v1.

True Emptiness is your nuke in the air. It makes air BM's turf. Any squishes who did not spend over $5000 on event items will get pwn by HF+TE. It also has a second use even on the ground. Given that its shield only absorbs 2.5k damage initially, and just a bit more with STR, it's somewhat spammable. It has a cool down of 20 seconds and you can use it as soon as that's up regardless of the energy recovered. Between stuns and a shield every 20 seconds to save you from near death, you'll be a lot harder to kill.

Occult Ice is your extra stun, and best of all, it's ranged. Its base chance is only 30% but this improves with STR. You can use it to either freeze some higher lvl then GTFO, or use it with your stun-lock. Since axes BM can continuously stun-lock, given enough chi, you can use it if your Aeolian dose not land since it'll have a higher than 50% chance if you have it on a STR genie. If you are not an axes BM, you can use it in place of Drake Bash and lengthen your lock time.

Then there are the elemental resistances. Those skills get the same bonus from STR and DEX so you can have them on both STR and DEX genie. If you went with Balance, TE and Occult ice, you'll have enough affinities for metal, water and fire resistance. These skills, at level 10, make you immune to damage from one element for 7 seconds. The metal one, Heart of Steel is the most useful one out of all IMO since it'll help against both Clerics and Archers, so get that on your STR genie. If you have over 50 LP on your genie, then you'll have one spot left over. I personally didn't find other decent skills so I added Oxygen Bubble, the water resistance. You could also get fire resistance with the affinities you put for the first 3 skills, but it's easier and more beneficial to use water resistance against BIDS than those faster and weaker fire skills wiz have.

There's my 2 cents about STR genie. I can share what's on my DEX genie too if you like.

Come to think of it, I could write a BM genie guide, flaming is welcomed.

Edit: Nah, too lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Occult Ice is nice... tried it a bit in the past. But with time i stopped doing it.

My PvP genie is like this: Balance, True Emptiness, ToP (can save your life if charm is on CD and u got the energy to use it, always nice to have with a 60str/40dex genie) and Extreme Poison to Amp even more HF.

Well, i have earthflame too XD But that is only for pulling purposes on PvE and since i dont find a 5th good skill to add to the mix and this genie is always with maxed stamina, works ok.

Anyway, i have a question for you Divine. Im just curious that's all. Why don't you use an Amp skill on the PvP genie instead of Occult Ice? It would increase your spike damage. Just wondering thats all. Not trying to flame or anything lol
    edited December 2009
    Anyway, i have a question for you Divine. Im just curious that's all. Why don't you use an Amp skill on the PvP genie instead of Occult Ice? It would increase your spike damage. Just wondering thats all. Not trying to flame or anything lol

I have EX Posion on my DEX genie. I suppose I could've added it place of Occult Ice and just use it for its base effect, but since I fight casters more often, I usually have my STR genie out. Most casters are kill-able without the amp for me and it has been more of an issue of holding them at one place. My DEX genie is build with Bramble Rage, EX Poison, Holy Path, Nullify Poison and Heart of Steel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    kk, good to know. I use EX poison on TW if i want to kill a wizzie/cleric fast because im surrounded. Time is gold there lol

Ty for the answer, always good to know other BMs strategies b:chuckle
    edited December 2009
    Ty for the answer, always good to know other BMs strategies b:chuckle

b:shocked
    10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    ty all for the info.
    im going for a full str genie for pvp, maybe later ill build a dex genie too ill stop lvling for a while to get sp for my skills so i can use the exp.

now...
    1- can i use my gamma genie for deltas?
    2- what other skills would be good for a pve str build genie? again i not going to use ext poison cause its dex based so...

b:thanks thank you in advanced
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    bumped

i still wanna know your opinions about another pve skill >.>b:sad
    and..
    2- what other skills would be good for a pve str build genie? again i not going to use ext poison cause its dex based so...
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    ty all for the info.
    im going for a full str genie for pvp, maybe later ill build a dex genie too ill stop lvling for a while to get sp for my skills so i can use the exp.

now...

b:thanks thank you in advanced

I'm pretty sure your Gamma genie will work just as well in Delta. I haven't Delta much yet, due to laziness, but a genie with Alpha Male, Holy Path, and heal skills should work well in it.

As for PvE goes, skills now cost more stam and spamming them could get expensive. I'd say your Rebirth genie should be fine, with Alpha to save squad mate and self heal etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you keep up with your OHT daily to get Tears of Heaven. You can use those tears to make oht gear to break down into perfect stones. XD
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure your Gamma genie will work just as well in Delta. I haven't Delta much yet, due to laziness, but a genie with Alpha Male, Holy Path, and heal skills should work well in it.

As for PvE goes, skills now cost more stam and spamming them could get expensive. I'd say your Rebirth genie should be fine, with Alpha to save squad mate and self heal etc.

i dont have healing skills on my gamma genie tho...its like a must for deltas? yeah i dont spam skills on my pve genie either b:shocked the reason why im asking is cause i dont want to waste afinity points b:sad...im not sure if balance is worth it for pve maybe againts mag aoes from bosses...any ideas, skills that have work for you in pve besides, tingle mire, tree, earthflame, second wind, extreme poison, cloud eruption i dont wanna be a pain in the neck >.> but after 2 weeks i still dont know what other skill should i add b:cry
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    i dont have healing skills on my gamma genie tho...its like a must for deltas? yeah i dont spam skills on my pve genie either b:shocked the reason why im asking is cause i dont want to waste afinity points b:sad...im not sure if balance is worth it for pve maybe againts mag aoes from bosses...any ideas, skills that have work for you in pve besides, tingle mire, tree, earthflame, second wind, extreme poison, cloud eruption i dont wanna be a pain in the neck >.> but after 2 weeks i still dont know what other skill should i add b:cry

Healing skill is not a must, just could come in handy, but I guess HP food would do also. As for Balance for PvE, that's personal preference. It did save me a couple of time in Frost Covered run when I was pulling but it's not a "must". Mage AoE from bosses has never been a problem for me. If you are not the tank, it happens with enough time in between that Sutra would do the trick. I haven't encountered a boss in your everyday activities such as FB and TT that its mage AoE is a big threat to BM's. The main PvE skills for genie you need is aggro and heal, the rest are for convenience, since you can't make P stones yet and skills do cost a chunk of stam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ryda - Heavens Tear
    Ryda - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    honestly i find them useless
    WaR FTW 6x BM