Some issues with Cube of Fate

Tojop - Dreamweaver
Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Over the past few days, I've had a lot of trouble in cube. I've been doing it just about every day since I hit 90; some runs easy, some annoying, but never like this.

First off, count the apples EX. Never a hard room, I just double count, triple if I have to. NEVER failed this room before. I got quest to count white, and I count 6 or 7, several times. Problem: my choices when I turn in quest are 8, 9, or 10 (could be off, but the number I counted was NOT listed). So I send a ticket w/ screenies.

Next, room 27, have a listen EX. I know this room used to be bugged, but I thought it was fixed. Two days ago, my sound mysteriously cuts out after I get quest, dunno why. Doing this room today, have my sound cranked, and I simply can't figure out a way to get past w/out dying. Anyone have some insight/help here?

Lastly, just today I did the loterry for the first time, rooms 51-60. I get a 1. Room 51 you killed 6 mobs in 5 mins, then go to some sort of chess board. I kill the mobs easily, have 2.7m cash on me, so the 150k fee isn't the problem.

And I sit. And sit. And ask my faction what the hell's going on. Pedestrian tells me I should teleport to the chess board room in about 5 seconds, having himself taken a video of the room. 3rd ticket sent.

Discuss b:bye
Post edited by Tojop - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Teh mighty god of the cube decided you has been spending too much time in cube.
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Apples; you miscounted
    listen; your PC bugged
    lottery; did you check your quest log
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That issue you were describing in room 51 has happened to me, I had to log out and log back in before it would teleport me.

Often a full or fullish inventory messes up with the cube as you need to receive multiple items at a time. (guessing you probably know that if you cube a lot though)
    I like pie
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yuppers the room 51 thing happened to me to just yesterday

did the 6 mobs got the chess piece but no go with anything else and then gave up and town portaled to room 1

yes i checked the quest log and did everything i knew to do
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    @Deceptistar, def. didn't miscount, took screenshots. Pc being bugged may well be legit, nothing in my quest log tho.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    First off, count the apples EX. Never a hard room, I just double count, triple if I have to. NEVER failed this room before. I got quest to count white, and I count 6 or 7, several times. Problem: my choices when I turn in quest are 8, 9, or 10 (could be off, but the number I counted was NOT listed). So I send a ticket w/ screenies.
    Perhaps you stood too far back in a corner? If you're too far back, any "apples" in the opposite corner won't be visible.

Alternately, if you're too far forward, sometimes you'll miss the ones floating over your head, but I assume you're already aware of this problem.

Finally, sometimes the "apples" overlap for a while, with two of them appearing to be one. I suppose it's possible that two of them stuck together for a while?
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Room 28: You miscounted. And btw, that room usually has a set answer for each color and set of numbers. The answers are on the forums.

Room 27: It's not bugged, it's a problem with you.

Room 51: I had this happen to me before, but not in 51. Just relog and you should be fine. Could be annoying to get rid of any chi or buffs from other class, but just staying in the room and waiting for a GM response may not come before the buffs wear off.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    in the count the apples room if you get blue or white its a set number at 8 9 10 i believe the correct answer is 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Blue
    14, 13, 12 = 12
    11, 10, 12 = 12
    9, 14, 12 = 12
    8, 12, 11 = 11
    9, 10, 11 = 11
    13, 15, 15 = 14

White
    10, 9, 11 = 11
    10, 8, 11 = 10
    10, 8, 9 = 10
    11, 10, 9 = 11

Red
    14, 12, 12 = 12
    13, 14, 15 = 14

Not sure about some of the combos in blue / white. Some may belong to the other category.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Some of those options I've never seen (at least in the order you gave).

Btw, you made a couple "off by one errors".

P.S. I hate red 12, 11, 10. My guide says to count them.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lotery rooms have some sort of glitch in many rooms
    count apple u was probably on low setting so u can see far apples
    listen something wrong with your driver
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Does Count EX room reset every time you hit it?
    If yes, it might explain why non of the answers worked for me when I hit it 3 times in a row.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Actually, person who said my settings are low may have a point. I guess the ones at the far end of the room may not be appearing, as when I count I stand in the corner where you first walk in. That's good to know, ty.

Also, I should have obviously tried relogging at room 51, and didn't. nubsauce.

Anyone for have a listen EX?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have problem with exploding hands in cube. The green circles are messed and splitting together. There is no borders between them. Somewhere are circles totally missing. What's that? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OlivarraX - Heavens Tear
    OlivarraX - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have problem with exploding hands in cube. The green circles are messed and splitting together. There is no borders between them. Somewhere are circles totally missing. What's that? b:shocked

Go to system options.... UI.... and slide the "effects" bar to the max
    *remember to click apply*

OlivarraX
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Have a listen ex:

Path 1:
    XOXXX
    XOXXX

Path 2:
    XXXOX
    XXXOX

Path 3:
    XXXOX
    XOXXO

Path 4:
    XXXOX
    XXXXO
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Go to system options.... UI.... and slide the "effects" bar to the max
    *remember to click apply*

OlivarraX

I try ty. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]