sorry another newb question from the new guy...

intrakkit
intrakkit Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
at 85% download complete. what servers best for new players? if it matters at all.. and i was looking over the beginners guide on the main site. was lookin at the map, is there a website with all the monsters spawn locations to make questing easier? and, can anyone explain the spiritual cultivations? and lastly, refining, i did some searchs and couldnt really determine whether Mirage Celestones are rare or not. as the beginner guide said they are needing for buffing armor and weapons up. anyone shed some light on these subjects? thanks, sorry for bein a newb :) b:surrender
Post edited by intrakkit on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well, I personally would start out on a pve (player vs. environment) server. That way, you don't have to worry about players killing you once you reach lvl 30, like on a pvp (player vs. player) server. Other than that, there isn't any one 'best' server to choose from, although you might try going to that new one that's opening in a few days.

Every quest and mob location can be found here: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/

Spiritual cultivation quests happen every x9 levels (19, 29, 39, ect.), and are required to complete to gain new skills. They usually end up with the Call to Duty quests (aka FB's). You should probably do these as soon as you get them, but you'll probably need help for a few of them.

I don't think mirage celestones are that rare. You can make them with 25 celestone fragments (rewarded by completing most quests), or by give 3 human, heaven and earth celestones (also quest rewards, but not as often). You can get them from decomposing certain high level gear as well, but you won't be seeing that for quite awhile. Or you can just buy them off players. But, just so you know, most high level players will tell you not to bother refining at early levels, so you probably don't need to worry about them for now.

Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    best server for a new player would prob be the new server...but it wont be out till tomorow night..and its a **** PvE server...i suggest joinin a PvP server like Lost City a lot more more...as for mirage celestones..they are not RARE at all...trust me ull eventually get more than u need
  • BloodSavior - Dreamweaver
    BloodSavior - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    intrakkit wrote: »
    at 85% download complete. what servers best for new players? if it matters at all.. and i was looking over the beginners guide on the main site. was lookin at the map, is there a website with all the monsters spawn locations to make questing easier? and, can anyone explain the spiritual cultivations? and lastly, refining, i did some searchs and couldnt really determine whether Mirage Celestones are rare or not. as the beginner guide said they are needing for buffing armor and weapons up. anyone shed some light on these subjects? thanks, sorry for bein a newb :) b:surrender

PvE servers are perfect for most new players. i don't know about a quest website but most monsters u can just auto path with so its not needed for most. spiritual cultivation is a quest u get around every few lvls or so (not sure on the exact number) and its a quest u need to complete to learn more advanced skills. sorry i can answer about refining iv never done it myself
  • intrakkit
    edited December 2009
    best server for a new player would prob be the new server...but it wont be out till tomorow night..and its a **** PvE server...i suggest joinin a PvP server like Lost City a lot more more...as for mirage celestones..they are not RARE at all...trust me ull eventually get more than u need
    Well, I personally would start out on a pve (player vs. environment) server. That way, you don't have to worry about players killing you once you reach lvl 30, like on a pvp (player vs. player) server. Other than that, there isn't any one 'best' server to choose from, although you might try going to that new one that's opening in a few days.

Every quest and mob location can be found here: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/

Spiritual cultivation quests happen every x9 levels (19, 29, 39, ect.), and are required to complete to gain new skills. They usually end up with the Call to Duty quests (aka FB's). You should probably do these as soon as you get them, but you'll probably need help for a few of them.

I don't think mirage celestones are that rare. You can make them with 25 celestone fragments (rewarded by completing most quests), or by give 3 human, heaven and earth celestones (also quest rewards, but not as often). You can get them from decomposing certain high level gear as well, but you won't be seeing that for quite awhile. Or you can just buy them off players. But, just so you know, most high level players will tell you not to bother refining at early levels, so you probably don't need to worry about them for now.

Hope this helps.

thank you both :)) so should i not refine my armor to make it better at lower levels pretty much? probably replace it to fast right? and thanks for that website, was readin some more and i guess i can just auto route it in game from the map or somethin? and how is money gain? fairly slow or decent? was just wondering cause i saw this game has an auction house and was wondering if that would be a good way to get gear id keep for awhile if money gain was decent.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yup, you can auto path to pretty much any quest mob you need. Just open your quest window and click the green mob/quest item name, and you'll auto path to the nearest location.

As for money gain, it's all about how you go about it. If your willing to put in some time and effort then you should be able to earn quite a bit. Look around the forums a bit and you'll find lots of threads with tips on how to make money.

And, just so you know, once you reach lvl 5, you can start making your own equipment. It does take a good deal of time and/or money, depending on how you get the materials, but you do get something really good every so often. The quests you get at that time should teach you how the system works, but there are guides up on the forums if you need them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Roll pvp it gives u more experience, Plus when ur done with your little pve and finally come to a pvp server we don't want you guys QQing on r forums! Even though HL pretty much has no pvp at all go to Lc much betterb:bye
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • intrakkit
    edited December 2009
    i got all excited when download finished. game version 166: patch 1 wouldnt work did patch 2 and its taking forever lol
  • Luen - Lost City_1267487130
    Luen - Lost City_1267487130 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    best server for a new player would prob be the new server...

I disagree with that.

For a new player, a PvE server, but doesn't have to be the new one, maybe it's better one with more high leveled ppl, for Fb/Bh/Bosses/Factions facts.

After that, if bored to much and looking for more, start on a PvP server. More fun after you get the basics on the game, and know how to play more properly your class, before getting ksed that much, and prevent to many QQ.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2009

lmao. The best for a new player with be a new server? WRONG.

If you're a new player, you won't be able to get help with bosses, gear will be super expensive or nonexistant, and the only people you'll have to compete with are cash shoppers.

If you got money to burn and don't mind struggling for gears/mats/help, yeah go for the new server.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'd deff go for a PvE server if ur a new player, nothing fun about learning the game basics and how to play and someone comes and kills you lol. Heaven's Tear has got alot of people on so if u join a good faction u will be able to get help with stat builds, hard quests, bosses and all the stuff un-soloable.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Druric - Lost City
    Druric - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree with Micheal_dark. Everyone worried about the pk on LC, that's what makes it fun. Instead of just competing against A.I., you have actual people to complete against, the ultimate challenge. Also there are good guilds on LC, with people to help you learn about stating your char, getting good gear. Also protect you (kinda) from pk.
  • SuperJerry - Harshlands
    SuperJerry - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    pvp server man. I actually first chose pvp server by mistake, but I loved it. I not really a pker, but sometimes I just feel like pking someone. Just having the option is nice. Also, I don't get pked much at all.
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ya PVP is good man

Online game to play against computer?!!!!!!!
    Go play someother game if u want to play against A.I.
    and Harshland is not that bad about getting pked, it was worst when i started first time, with all QQme (a old faction which doesn't exist now) around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Online game to play against computer?!!!!!!!

Online game to sit relax with ya friends, learn to play without an ****.hole 20 levels above killing u, i know u will say it doesnt happen often but ofc it does, besides if u want to pk there is always pk mode in PvE servers. The best of both worlds grind in peace and then when you want go kill some people ^^.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • intrakkit
    edited December 2009
    i started on heavens tear server. veno- what should i put points into? pure magic?
  • Intrakkit - Heavens Tear
    Intrakkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i like the idea of pvp but i wanna relax learn the game and get skilled before doin a pvp server :)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i started on heavens tear server. veno- what should i put points into? pure magic?

Check out the stickies in the veno section, and decide what kind of play you want to do.

Prefer casting in humanform? Go arcane.

Prefer melee/debuff in foxform? Go light or heavy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga