12/16 Server Maintenance COMPLETE!!!!

Comments

• _PROVIDENCE_ - Sanctuary
    _PROVIDENCE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As soon as the Tideborn set is executed, I'm sure we'll witness a mother-of-all lag unlike we have ever seen on the newbie starting zone...

Errr.... I think I'll wait about a day or two for my new **** **** in~ ~ ~ ^^

-Prov-
  • Ladyredsonja - Heavens Tear
    Ladyredsonja - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WEll dont that suck worse then a monkey's uncle.... Just perfect and I have to work the next morning. BTW if it is at 9pm-12am that means the release will not be until december 17th.... duh... EPIC FAIL!
  • NailNibbler - Dreamweaver
    NailNibbler - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is ridiculous, I waited till the 15th to ask my boss for a day off and I got it the 16th (thinking there could be delay).
    In the evening I read I will only be able to play it now the 17th...u guys really couldnt say it a bit SOONER could u?

Ever thought ppl plan things? b:angry

Sorry but this is a big fail towards us from ur side guys and it's more than natural I react like this.
    Or do u expect me to say 'Meh, **** happens?'

Waisted a free day for this...
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I put up a notice as soon as I knew about this, if it could have been sooner you would have been told sooner. Things just tend to come up at the last minute, there's nothing we can do but deal with it.

I think players would have been more upset if we did release the expansion tomorrow and it didn't work. That is just IMO.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    personally spoons, i only care about when your going to fix the economy and the previous content

instead of rolling more damage on top of it

don't take this as a personal attack, but the veteran players out there need some fun too and enjoyment from their slow dull game
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *sees new axes and drools* Is that a new flying mount he's riding?
  • Esren - Sanctuary
    Esren - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is ridiculous, I waited till the 15th to ask my boss for a day off and I got it the 16th (thinking there could be delay).
    In the evening I read I will only be able to play it now the 17th...u guys really couldnt say it a bit SOONER could u?

Sorry but this is a big fail towards us from ur side guys and it's more than natural I react like this.

With all due respect, any sort of experience in the gaming world should have taught you by now that delays are the rule more than the exception. The fact that they're missing their release date by a matter of hours actually makes this one of the most accurate release announcements you're likely to see.

And if you consider costs versus benefits... they are only doing us a favor.

So while your devotion is, I'm sure, appreciated... you should watch your tone a bit, yeah?

Besides, now you have a whole day to sleep! =)
  • Seven_of_Nin - Lost City
    Seven_of_Nin - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Using a day off so that you can play a video game all day. Sorry, that is far more fail than delaying the release of an update. Good call GM's/programmers to release a working version of TB instead of a glitchy mess.
    edited December 2009
    If u tell me now that if u released it the 16th the game wouldn't work, then u miscalculated the release date bigtime.
    That's not a bug anymore...

And in case of buggs honestly, u can postpone it for another month there will still be a load of buggs, that's why it's an MMORPG, u need us to see it so u can fix it...

U made me and other ppl very excited by the date and then u just slap us in the face the day before it with this news...
    edited December 2009
    If u tell me now that if u released it the 16th the game wouldn't work, then u miscalculated the release date bigtime.
    That's not a bug anymore...

And in case of buggs honestly, u can postpone it for another month there will still be a load of buggs, that's why it's an MMORPG, u need us to see it so u can fix it...

U made me and other ppl very excited by the date and then u just slap us in the face the day before it with this news...

if you actually took the day off to play a worth while game like left4dead 2 or halo 3 ODST then id understand.

but for a PWI expansion pack? =\
    edited December 2009
    With all due respect, any sort of experience in the gaming world should have taught you by now that delays are the rule more than the exception. The fact that they're missing their release date by a matter of hours actually makes this one of the most accurate release announcements you're likely to see.

And if you consider costs versus benefits... they are only doing us a favor.

So while your devotion is, I'm sure, appreciated... you should watch your tone a bit, yeah?

Besides, now you have a whole day to sleep! =)

I waited till the 15th to ask a day off and I never had a game that said they're going to postpone it the day before the release...
    edited December 2009
    if you actually took the day off to play a worth while game like left4dead 2 or halo 3 ODST then id understand.

but for a PWI expansion pack? =\

Why not, and why for those games?

That doesn't make sense really, it's just a change in personal choice.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dont double post nibbles :o
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited December 2009
    Why not, and why for those games?

That doesn't make sense really, it's just a change in personal choice.

i understand your frustration but put it like this

mainstream games like Left4Dead 2 are actually finished wey before the release date, they just bug test it in that time while they wait for release.

PWE on the otherhand, they set an estimated date on when they think their going to finish the content, so they actually work right up to that date with no space for error.

i hope you see my point, mainstream games allow time and rarely alter the release date, PWE dosent, they work on an estimate finish time
    edited December 2009
    Meh not going to go into it further, not like it's going to help, more likely just frustrate me more...
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009

play it when u get home...? its not like the expansion will be released for 1 day only *rolls eyes*
  • FredAlmighty - Harshlands
    FredAlmighty - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    IF I COULD CUS THE THINGS ID SAY IN THREADS! But I love pw there for i will wait until shes ready to go up and down!
  • Ladyredsonja - Heavens Tear
    Ladyredsonja - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sorry but I have have to say it sucks and sucks big. You only say that cz your probably one of those who will be able to play no matter how long the delay.. unlike you some of us were counting on it to happen ON TIME. And since I happen to be in a customer service job for once I get to be the customer and complain about my expectations and their DELAY. I also am off work on the 16th which to CORRECT pwi is not when the expansion will happen but on the 17th. It is not as simple as "it is just one day" since my next day off is not for 5 more days after that. Don't expect me to not complain, since not all of us can be on at any given time .. we cant all have it so easy.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No problem for me. Continue to do great job b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thank god its finally coming, but yet again PW is great with being on time with it's dates.

First the aniv packs that were supposed to be removedby november (with no date) but were removed during december. Now they release the expansion a day late b:chuckle tut tut!
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If they'd never stated a release date, you all would still be complaining. Just get over it! Isn't it better to delay the release for a day than to download it immediately only to find that it's ridden with bugs? I'm sure they have a good reason for doing this, something for every player's benefit. The devs never told you to skip work the day of the release, nor did they guarantee that it was set in stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well least all the tideborns is going to flock to the new PvE server....

!~ Da Sheets
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    . Now they release the expansion a day late b:chuckle tut tut!

I think the move is good.... spoons or another said that it needed some polishing... there prolly prepping so what happend to Jade Dynasty doesnt happen here... and that was a headache for both the staff and the players both... and the poor fourm mods... I felt sorry for ary with all the complants and others remarks... x.x

!~ Da Sheets
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If they'd never stated a release date, you all would still be complaining. Just get over it! Isn't it better to delay the release for a day than to download it immediately only to find that it's ridden with bugs? I'm sure they have a good reason for doing this, something for every player's benefit. The devs never told you to skip work the day of the release, nor did they guarantee that it was set in stone.

But that ruins the fun! I'm was looking forward to the new bugs they can conjure up b:chuckle
  • Apocalyptart - Lost City
    Apocalyptart - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i have a question will they make water mounts for the new chars since they live on water? i think it would be a good idea to make water mounts so u can get around on the water just as fast as u get around on land with a mount or you can just make all mounts able to swim =P well anyways thats my question -is there gonna be water mounts?-
  • HeartStruck - Sanctuary
    HeartStruck - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So i heard that the CN version got their expansion pushed back a week due to bugs and we'd have the same done to us.. is this true!? SPOONS! *POKES* IS THIS TRUE SPOONS! *SHAKES* IS IT IS IT IS IT!? x] thats annoying huh o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saeryne - Dreamweaver
    Saeryne - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    keybindings!!!! yeah, about time :)

Keybindings are way overdue, be good to get 'em in the game. I've had people I know actually complain they couldn't get used to the "controls". b:victory
    I didn't realize Santa was in a business. I thought it was all good will. Guess I was way off. - NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    My Chars:
    Nimithiel-Archer-7x(Faction: dreamless)
    Saeryne-Veno-7x(Faction: dreamless)
    Sonorous-Sin-2x(faction: Action)
  • Deadlock - Heavens Tear
    Deadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wow how bad do you gotta fail... pick a release date and stick to it. so things need to be polished... your all just now starting to care FAIL....
    b:shockedb:shocked

if a monkey can do your job, I'm sure the monkey would take it.
  • Nosgoth - Dreamweaver
    Nosgoth - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Keybinds is a alwsome feature. b:pleased

I hope to have more good surprises with the expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paytah - Lost City
    Paytah - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Shigeru Miyamoto (the guy behind mario 64) said it best "a delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever b:victory
This discussion has been closed.