12/16 Server Maintenance COMPLETE!!!!

eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Hello hello!

We wanted to get the expansion released tonight, but there are still a few things that need to be polished. For this reason we will be having our maintenance tomorrow to ensure a smoother release of the expansion.

Server maintenance is tomorrow, December 16th, at 9:00pm until 12:00am PST

We apologize for the wait, but from what I've seen so far, it will be worth it!

A lot of features are being added that may not have been announced yet, such as keybindings!
keybinding.jpg

Let's go Rising Tide!
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Patch Version 233
    Released December 16, 2009

This is a very large patch so we strongly suggest you download the Manual Patch Here:
    [217-233] http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_217-233.cup

New East Coast Server

-Raging Tide [PVE] East

A new server has opened up! This server is located on the east coast (PST+3).

Expansion: The Rising Tide is upon us!

Beyond the Sea of Reality, an unexplored kingdom awaits you. For thousands of years, the seas have been shrouded in mystery, until now. A new evil has dawned, and as a result, the secrets once concealed by the ocean are now coming to light. The ancient lord of the oceans has risen once again, and the race known as Tideborn faces complete extinction. Will you journey to these lands and explore them as a foreigner, or will you be reborn as a member of the Tideborn, and fight to restore your ancestors' once great empire? What part will you play as the tide rises?

Now Featuring:

- 1 New race from the Forbidden Sea, the mysterious Tideborn.
    - 2 New Classes: Assassin and Psychic
    - 3 New Zones to explore: Island of Broken Dreams, Barrier Island, and Shattered Cloud Island.
    - New high level dungeon: The Palace of Nirvana
    - New upgrade system for Twilight Temple and Lunar Glade gear.

Public Quests

09:00 - 22:00 Daily
    Public Quests are a new feature in the Rising Tide expansion. They are massive, server-wide quests involving all players in a particular zone, and reward players based on their contribution to the objectives.

If you are at least level 60, you can take the first Public Quest from Pioneer Officer Windshaker at Rotflesh Trench. The other two Public Quests require level 95, and can be received from Scout Captain Rupin at the Blunted Lance Stand or the Tsunami Army Messenger at Shadowtide Camp.

The Public Quests are made up of several parts, and require you to kill a large number of monsters, complete non-combat objectives such as gathering stolen supplies, and finally defeat the leaders of the enemy forces, a task that will require a well-prepared squad to complete. When you receive the quest from the quest giver, you will join whichever quest stage is currently active. The actions of all players on these quests contribute to the total, regardless of whether or not you are in a squad together.
    When one quest phase is completed, it will automatically complete and all involved players will receive the next quest. All contributions towards the quest goals are tallied by the server, and can be viewed by clicking the scroll icon on the quest tracking overlay. The rankings are updated approximately once per minute.

Once the final objective of the Public Quest has been completed, the server will take a few minutes to calculate the final rankings and then automatically assigns rewards accordingly. Make sure you have inventory slots open, as you will not be able to acquire your reward if you have insufficient space.
    Two minutes after the rewards are given out, the Public Quest will restart. You must stay on Shattered Cloud Island for the entire duration of the quest, or you will fail the quest, lose your ranking, and become ineligible for rewards.

Marriage Quest

Marriage quests are brand new set of daily quests for couples to explore and adventure together! The prerequisites for the quests are as follows:

1 Married Couple in the same squad (no other members allowed).
    The squad leader speaks to the Matchmaker Servant in Archosaur (Next to the Eldest Matchmaker).
    The couple will receive 1 random quest (out of 7) to do each day. Rewards include Experience and Spirit, Sweet Memory tokens that can be saved up for a mysterious ring pendant, and a Sincerity Pack* that has a chance to win a Baby Crab, Fish, or Lochmur All-Class pet egg!

*Characters must be married in order to open the pack.

Account Stash

Players now have the ability to transfer items and coins between characters on the same account and server with the purchase of an Account Stash Stone. After obtaining the Account Stash Stone, speak to the PW Boutique Agent -> Quest Related. Activate the Account Stash and then speak to the Banker. He will now have an option labeled Account Stash. Drag and drop items, or drop coins in just like a normal Bank

*Some items cannot be exchanged between characters.

Key Binding

A new Key Binding feature is available in the Systems tab or press the “K” key on the keyboard.

Tab Auto-Targeting

Players will now be able to cycle through mobs in front of their character by pressing the “Tab” button. Press the Tab button to cycle through monster targets in front of the character.

Inventory Wrapping
    If your inventory slots have been extended, you can switch between traditional view or View all slots at once.

*To expand your inventory slots, purchase the Inventory Extension or Super Inventory stone from the Boutique and turn them into the Banker or Inventory Master respectively.

Bug Fixes:

Halloween Armor, Weapon, and Ornament packs can now be properly redeemed from Jolly Old Jones.

Faction Slogan can now have spaces and punctuation.

Known Issues:

Tournament Agent - Currently this event is under construction. It will be up and running as soon as possible.

Cho Wenchun NPC for the “Once and Again” marriage quest does not appear.

When opening and closing the Key Binding window using only the Key Binding menu icon, the player is unable to use the keyboard for any functions.

Changing the skin color of the Tideborn will only change the body and not the face.

Selecting the new Widescreen button from the systems window will occasionally crash the client.

Merchant Ironox – Blunted Lance Stand – Rewards in the Sample tab cannot be redeemed.

Some localization in the game may not be correct. This will be fixed in the next update
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1st post?

please?

sweet...altho, it looks like spoons and the BigKitty totally cheated and didnt bring this post into the public eye until just now >.<

Anyhoo....*sighs* oh well....I guess Ill wait till tomorrow then...*sulks off*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayacamus - Heavens Tear
    Mayacamus - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello hello!

We wanted to get the expansion released tonight, but there are still a few things that need to be polished. For this reason we will be having our maintenance tomorrow to ensure a smoother release of the expansion.

A lot of features are being added that may not have been announced yet, such as keybindings!
    keybinding.jpg

Let's go Rising Tide!

keybindings!!!! yeah, about time :)
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Something wicked this way comes..... b:pleased

you watch too much star wars
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    OMGWTFYES!!!

b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i cant wait....

Tideborn finally about to come out!

btw: in that screenie the panda isnt a tideborn... right? b:laughb:laugh
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thank you for delaying it a day instead of rushing it and having more bugs. b:heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • eatwithspoons
    edited December 2009
  • Zolyph - Sanctuary
    Zolyph - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yay!!!! Can't wait!
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    :O:O:O:O:O:O

**** YES OMG

more screenies pl0x? orqqft.gif
  • Toki_wa_kane - Sanctuary
    Toki_wa_kane - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    booooooo its 2morrow y not 2night b:angry
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    YAY!!!!!

b:cute
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Woo hoo! *can't wait*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • HeartStruck - Sanctuary
    HeartStruck - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Aw D8 sad face! was hearing it would come out tonight, was super happy didnt have to wait another day.. but then again i did expect it tomorrow anyways lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BlackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    damn i still have to wait one mroe day since i'm in GTM +1....well one day doesn't matter anymore after 2 weeks^^
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Zmog
    Key Binding?
    X For Barrel Roll?
    Yay~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WOOOOOT im excited. Im ready to roll my sin. I have been planning since the first clue of Tideborn being implemented into the game. I have a mule specially made with equips (armor and orns.) for the sin. HEHEHEHEHEb:laugh

*sits at laptop like a Mervyns commercial "Open Open Open" "Update Update Update"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How will this affect Abominations?

No event or we hope for the best?

And YEAH!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Bah, so it won't be released til the 17th. And we were all getting ourselves psyched up for tonight ;)

Still, keybiddings are good... curious now to see what other unannounced features will be added.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Server maintenance is December 16th, at 9:00pm until 12:00am PST

Is the tideborn release before or after this? (after=making it Dec17th)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Wouldn't 12am be the 17th?

I am confused...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    edited December 2009

Once maintenance is complete Rising Tide will be liveb:shocked
  • Zelinity - Lost City
    Zelinity - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thats why you dont listen to what other people say, and wait for GM's word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And when you turn you around, you see yourself on the ground.
    And for the first time, no one cares just who you really are.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    >.> i demand retribution.... that is the 17th server time.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • HeartStruck - Sanctuary
    HeartStruck - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Depends on where you live, example for me since server time is cali time would make it 11pm-2am for me so the 16th-17th :O lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello hello!

keybinding.jpg

Let's go Rising Tide!

Can you change the Hotkeys anytime you want even if you ingame or not?

Or dose it work in a different way?

And lastly thanks Spoons and Xarfox for the update!!! b:victory

(Gets a bagel and waits for the Expansion)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello hello!

keybinding.jpg

Let's go Rising Tide!

"Rise of a new era, the end of another. Its so hard to say goodbye but I cant wait to say hello"

~Silver
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Can you change the Hotkeys anytime you want even if you ingame or not.

And lastly thanks Spoons and Xarfox for the update!!! b:victory

(Gets a bagel and waits for the Expansion)

Rofl, why would you need to change your hotkeys out of game if you can only use them ingame?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABOUT BLOODY FRIGGIN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    Just one question: is server maint EST or PAC time?

Nvm. just went back and reread Spoons info. XD

I feel stupid now.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABOUT BLOODY FRIGGIN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    Just one question: is server maint EST or PAC time?

Pacific Time...says it in the title b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.