what do you like about being a cleric?

2»

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    TEMPEST, and have both a paralyze and a ridiculous sleep
    Wish I didn't have to pay 3m and spend 1m spirit to get a ridiculous sleep 10x worse than yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver
    MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have a lot of fun playing as a cleric, and there are so many things I love about the class. Some examples:

1. Heals and awesome skills b:victory
    2. Versatility in damage dealing and defense. Who cares if the mobs are increased magical resistance, increased defense, magical, or physical? o.O
    3. Being capable of solo AoE grinding >:D
    4. Always wanted and in demand b:kiss
    5. Getting decent drop picks in most TT runs :o
    6. Awesome wings
    etc
    etc
    etc :p
  • _Senpai_ - Sanctuary
    _Senpai_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    back in the old days i had lv 1 buffs and a barb main, so pre Faction's tw i log into my cleric and go buffing the opposing faction with lv 1 buff :D... now i just enjoy the having of phy damage atk and magic damage atk. for fun pvp times
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    back in the old days i had lv 1 buffs and a barb main, so pre Faction's tw i log into my cleric and go buffing the opposing faction with lv 1 buff :D... now i just enjoy the having of phy damage atk and magic damage atk. for fun pvp times

That's as low as it is hilarious b:chuckle
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:cute knowing I'm actually helping the group xD

rofl oh yeah and making friends b:thanks

Lol I felt like it was time to add some more!!!

So here goes some more:

I love I can heal myself and others

Its always a busy life and you almost never get bored

You usually can get bosses done since your asked to heal

The buffs are awesome

Love the wings!

etc, etc
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    -Tempest.

-Sleep. (Speaking of which...taking a nap during bosses on a heal macro if I'm too lazy to play my cleric to the best capabilities :D)

-Being targeted first in PK. Seriously--if you have self esteem issues...you get PLENTY of attention in PK, so roll a cleric. It makes you feel really loved since everyone wants a piece of the cleric burger~ :D

-Having feather ears that look sorta like horns. A reminder of our true nature! >:D *Demon*

-Telling people to STFU and DIE. (Which, if you're pissing me off...will happen under certain unfortunate circumstances... XD)

-Having the option of being a decent DDer + healer depending on my mood.

-Playing with health bars.

-The underlying sadism that precedes the "Ress/heal" factor. We only heal you because we can't wait to see that HP bar drop again, because...oh it will...it will. :3
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Havin' the life of the rest of the squad on your very hands, and let them know that... Priceless b:sin

Bingo <3

Plus, it's nice to be wanted and I absolutely refuse to grind for my exp so -- finding parties to keep me busy goes a long way to keeping me entertained here.
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    -Easily getting into squads
    -Having the lifes of your teammates in your hands
    -I feel great when i can do something without help (like soloing fb's)
    -The wings o.o
    -The healing skills.. Very handy if you're about to die xD

What i don't like about clerics:
    -They walk really slow >.>
    -Low HP
    -Always in need of pots
    -Always in money need xD I'm always using all my money for pots...
    -Being treated like a dog by other players ("Heal D=< I died becuz you're a fail cleric" Most of the time i just don't rez them again if they say that..)
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think Illu forgot to take its medicines today. b:surrender The beast has shown its fangs!

What do I like about being a suicidal cleric?

- Sleep. Great in everything except against stupid BMs with Will of Boddhi. Or people with pots. Or genies. Umm. b:chuckle But it's good for mats farming, killing squishies in PvP (Sleep, phys debuff, 2 plumes, bye bye!), and sometimes in instances.
    - Wings of Protection. Oh come on, you get to cast a little ring of feather around other people. 8D
    - Playing aggro ping pong in instances with Lost without dying. Heals ftw!
    - Stealing aggro from the tanks when I know I can handle the mob/boss. Great fun, great fun.
    - Surprising other people when I say I'll tank so-and-so. "But you're a cleric with like no HP!"
    - Never having trouble getting into a squad for almost anything.
    - Like Illu said, A LOT of attention in PvP/TW. b:cute I feel so loved.
    - And lastly: CONTROLLING YOUR LIFE AND DEATH. >:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    I like being cleric because when they see my name they wonder if I will rezz them or not
    Then I tell them to go to town

and to a squad Im basically Pan Gu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • LordRyukesen - Sanctuary
    LordRyukesen - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think Illu forgot to take its medicines today. The beast has shown its fangs!

What do I like about being a suicidal cleric?

- Sleep. Great in everything except against stupid BMs with Will of Boddhi. Or people with pots. Or genies. Umm. But it's good for mats farming, killing squishies in PvP (Sleep, phys debuff, 2 plumes, bye bye!), and sometimes in instances.
    - Wings of Protection. Oh come on, you get to cast a little ring of feather around other people. 8D
    - Playing aggro ping pong in instances with Lost without dying. Heals ftw!
    - Stealing aggro from the tanks when I know I can handle the mob/boss. Great fun, great fun.
    - Surprising other people when I say I'll tank so-and-so. "But you're a cleric with like no HP!"
    - Never having trouble getting into a squad for almost anything.
    - Like Illu said, A LOT of attention in PvP/TW. I feel so loved.
    - And lastly: CONTROLLING YOUR LIFE AND DEATH. >:O

What she said through and through b:victoryb:laughb:pleasedb:thanks
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Clerics get all the girls ;)
    b:victory
  • othella
    othella Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1. I like being able to randomly heal and buff people...then run away before they notice and look around to see whodunit. b:chuckle

2. When I am caught in the act of healing or buffing, it's nice to get a Thank You. Although it's only two little words, a genuine Thank You is the best gift I could get for helping anyone with anything!

3. Being useful to so many people is great! My boyfriend's main is a Blademaster, so I can be very helpful to him when we quest together.

Those are my top three reasons, and not necessarily in that order. Other things I like about my class include the plumes, wings, main skill that deals physical damage, metal as my element, and pretty skills.
    IGN: [Undecided]
    Class: [Undecided] Most definitely trying the Bard and Marksman classes. Also interested in the Assassin, Mage, Priest, and Protector.

Looking to join a guild once the game is officially released - one that is friendly, mature, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Recruit me?
  • FadeHeal - Lost City
    FadeHeal - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i just love the thanks I get from ppl i ress or heal or help with dungeonsb:victory

i luuuve our dmgb:dirty compare it with healing and the picture is complete

i luuve the power we have we just decide about the faith of our squad members
    death to tkD!
  • Meredaviella - Harshlands
    Meredaviella - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love that I really really have something to do and I cant just stand in bhs doing nothing. Their lives are in my hands :D and if they treat me like **** I can just leave and find new squad. It's never hard for cleric to find squad b:victory and then I just love helping others :) thats why I chose cleric
  • Blackstripe - Dreamweaver
    Blackstripe - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i like being able to use a wide range of weapons (swords wands etc) and also healing and most importantly the first attack you get (plume shot i believe) b:angry wallie 9410 b:angry
  • Moeppi - Heavens Tear
    Moeppi - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I most like to save the day in very dark situations. (bb ftw)
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, im a sucker for healing myself. There's a satisfaction in knowing that a squads wellbeing is relying on you to do the best job you can which can't be matched in any other class. It's also a fun challenge, especially when up against stronger bosses or AoE using opponents.

But I also love my resilience. A lot of people see Clerics as brittle targets, but since I rolled Light Armor, I've had considerable HP, exceptional defense and decent magical defenses too. The combination of Vanguard and Magic Shell makes us dangerous opponents to pick a fight with and the fact we can use both physical and magical damages with equal strength makes us well suited to defend against both mage and melee alike.

We also get the cool wings and some impressive looking attacks... b:cute
  • Nosgoth - Dreamweaver
    Nosgoth - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like to heal, revive and buff others, make they happy. ^_^
    Be like a angel (wings! Tyrael fan).
    Play as a elf (elegant race in all MMOs).
    To have good defense skills as well ofensive ones.
    Good solo capacity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Being cleric ;) (it obvious).
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like puting people to sleep walking around them while i tell them y clerics are the bestb:chuckle
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • Buizel - Dreamweaver
    Buizel - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like running around and buffing random people.

Clerics are the guardian angels of this game (wings XP)
    I think I love Buizel too much?... Nah X3