Caveman Ethics

Seiowan - Harshlands
Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
I seem to have encountered a strange phenomena in my time as a Cleric. Since hitting level 30, and thus PKable, it seems a lot of people like to ask for buffs by first assaulting you. This strange behavior has been exhibited by at least 5 different players in the last 2 days of gameplay.

Naturally, I said no to all of them.

I realise a lot of players see Clerics as easy targets (three of which I hope are a bit wiser now), but is this something you guys see a lot or do I just happen to be on a very odd server?

What makes it more pronounced is that the majority of these were white named players whom I never expected an attack from. It's getting to the point where I look at every player suspiciously...
Post edited by Seiowan - Harshlands on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hmm....
    mayhaps just want you to kill them and take their drops?
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They're idiots. If you had buffed them then they would have attacked you after they had gotten the buffs.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LOL hey seio! :D

b:chuckle Rofl well I kind of the the opposite here, if I PK someone I revive them and buff them completely.

But I think people who do that are idiots. I mean, you get PKed by this idiot and then they ask you buff you? Stand strong, don't buff them b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yep... when I was 3x I got people doing that too. Even rpkers (red names) would come up and demand buffs. Like, **** you, I'd rather die fighting than play the sucker.

Edit: Oh, you're 72 already. That doesn't happen to me too much since I'm always with other people when I grind/quest now. Happened twice that I can remember since then. One left me alone after I ignored him. The other (8x barb) ended up getting pked 4 or 5 times because he kept following me. I first gave him a warning shot (thunderball + sleep) and it took him down to ~ 50% health in 15 seconds while I finished my mobs x] But yeah, always grind with a squad. Strength in numbers \o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    See, when they say 'buffs" while attacking you, what they're really trying to ask for is a free trip to town. They just can't think of any other way to ask for it.
  • Monitored - Dreamweaver
    Monitored - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    See, when they say 'buffs" while attacking you, what they're really trying to ask for is a free trip to town. They just can't think of any other way to ask for it.

Thisb:laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it's like when a kid punches (or bites) his big sister on the arm for something he wants, like her cookies b:cute
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I seem to have encountered a strange phenomena in my time as a Cleric. Since hitting level 30, and thus PKable, it seems a lot of people like to ask for buffs by first assaulting you. This strange behavior has been exhibited by at least 5 different players in the last 2 days of gameplay.

Just kill them, then res them, and do it again

b:pleased
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Edit: Oh, you're 72 already.
    Haha, no not quite. Level 72 is my main character, a wizard. My cleric is now level 41 (I've been busy since posting this).

I've come to the conclusion they probably want me to go pink-named so they can have a chance at drops. Of course, people who attack me in this way tend to get their wish anyway as I never hesitate to fight back -- unless its a fight I know I can't possibly win!

Current score: Lemuria 5, PK'ers 1 (and counting!)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They need to evolve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Probably just to make you pink from buffing them so you have increased chance of dropping when they kill you.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Probably just to make you pink from buffing them so you have increased chance of dropping when they kill you.

omg LOL thats actually funny and logical!!! b:laugh

O__O omg that explains why i suddenly can't find stuff in the inventory... >.>...
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited December 2009

O__O omg that explains why i suddenly can't find stuff in the inventory... >.>...

b:chuckleb:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Meredaviella - Harshlands
    Meredaviella - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009

never noticed? b:laugh I always run to safe zone if I am red cuz of buffing and pkers near.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:chuckle Rofl well I kind of the the opposite here, if I PK someone I revive them and buff them completely.

b:shockedlol ur the best enemie ewer

b:beatupbut seriously :P
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    thats why you don't buff strangers...
    unless they not paying attention.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I only buff people on squad or at world boss events.

Rest of the time you better not PK me as you will end up in my little Black-book.
    Once in there you will not receive any help from me ever again. It's that simple.
    I choose to be a cleric to be like a flying doctor. You kill me, you loose the option of me helping out if I see you in trouble.

If you are in a squad I am in you are still on your own. I will of course notify the rest of the squad up front.

That's it I guess.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.