Aggro

Options
Pint - Dreamweaver
Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Barbarian
So yea guys whats up with our lack of ability to sustain aggro over some of the higher end DD's?

I know I'm only lvl 94 but seriously, when it seems to litteraly be impossible to keep aggro off sparking fist BM's, archers, and some wiz's. With even spamming Fleshream consitantly, and useing Devour/Roar and nothing really keeps it off them is kinda sad.

So I guess this is kinda of a question and a suggestion same time. Are any of you haveing the same issues? Cause I've tried pretty much everything I can think of and think it truely is impossible to kep it off them, especially when they are demon/sage sparking.

Suggestion would really be that we simply need faster skill refresh on Fleshream or a new skill that can be used during Fleshream refreshing. Seriously whats the point in the game giving archers/wiz's/bm's really nice dmg ability when they cant do the high end dmg without taking aggro? So really its kind of a set back for them as well as us.

I guess am curious to some of your guys thoughts on this, and what you have done about it?
Post edited by Pint - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Would like to know if you are sage/demon and have sage/demon versions of your aggro skills. Also, try without using roar, it sets aggro to a skill determined amount, maybe the amount is not enough to stay ahead of damage at this level of dd's.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tell them not to spark? b:question
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tell them not to spark? b:question

heck, most of the time I'm wondering why my DD's aren't sparking. I've even had to tell venos "use you're pet for extra DD" etc.. I'd rather loose aggro to a pet or BM for a couple seconds than to have people standing around afk b:surrender

of course, I'm so pro I don't loose aggro :p unless pet bashes b:shocked b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • chuko777
    chuko777 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol at lvl 60's keeping aggro is really easy its rare when my barb losses aggro and when it does its cause its a pure dex archer sparking or wiz. see how pro u are at lvl 80+ i have problems cause i keep stealing aggro from the tank with my wiz and it becomes a problem for him to take it back
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im only 65 and so far i have never lost aggro. but by that way it sound i shouldn't at my lvl.

if ream really doesn't keep aggro at high lvls then idk maybe that needs to be fixed. but until i reach that level i cant give a valid opinion
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im wondering if he has demon/sage FR.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I used to have that same problem.
    A lot less now once I got sage flesh ream, but still.....a DD going full out (usually archer and fist BM, Wizzies seem to be ok with their channeling times) and (demon) triple sparking will just steal aggro. But I can pull it back in a second.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm sage.

I do have sage roar, and mostly only use when fleshream is refreshing for the chi build up. Unfortunetly I dont have sage fleshream/devour as of yet.

It could just be that I seem to squad with higher lvl's often, but it really is anoying hehe. Sure it may happen where high DD takes aggro during a tripple spark and I can get it back right away, but Fleshream still has the refresh to run and the whole time the spark is still going. I've already had it where I loose aggro get it right back and then loose it again for 5 more seconds cause I'm waiting on fleshream.

I guess maybe I should look more into trying to get sage fleshream.devour and see if it makes a lot of difference or not. From how easy it is for some of those high DD's to snap aggro its crazy to think that no one else has wondered why we cant simply get a new skill to use along with fleshream or possibly something to speed up the refresh on it.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Fist BMs and higher level Sage Barbs (102) as DD continuously steal aggro from me. I can get it back from the fist BMs...but never from the higher lvl barb (who is in humanoid form.) Occasionally I'll have an archer or wiz steal aggro momentarily, but it is recoverable in a second or less (alpha male ftw.)

The main problem I have with aggro resets is that it also resets the boss's casting time/attack. No big deal if it's not an aoe boss...but if it is...

The solution, IMO, will be seen once I get Demon FR and/or demon devour. At least I hope so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm sage.

I do have sage roar, and mostly only use when fleshream is refreshing for the chi build up. Unfortunetly I dont have sage fleshream/devour as of yet.

It could just be that I seem to squad with higher lvl's often, but it really is anoying hehe. Sure it may happen where high DD takes aggro during a tripple spark and I can get it back right away, but Fleshream still has the refresh to run and the whole time the spark is still going. I've already had it where I loose aggro get it right back and then loose it again for 5 more seconds cause I'm waiting on fleshream.

I guess maybe I should look more into trying to get sage fleshream.devour and see if it makes a lot of difference or not. From how easy it is for some of those high DD's to snap aggro its crazy to think that no one else has wondered why we cant simply get a new skill to use along with fleshream or possibly something to speed up the refresh on it.

The highlighted things are the problem also Roar resets aggro to a fixed amount depending on the skill level.
  • Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear
    Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dont really think high lvl are a problem, and ofc higher skills will work better, but to start: DROP ROAR!!! xD
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    interval gear and sparking claws. got aggro, not ever will be able to get back.
    rank 8 bows, TT100 refined and lunar bow +7's garnet gems.. dam its nasty yes lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    heck, most of the time I'm wondering why my DD's aren't sparking. I've even had to tell venos "use you're pet for extra DD" etc.. I'd rather loose aggro to a pet or BM for a couple seconds than to have people standing around afk b:surrender

of course, I'm so pro I don't loose aggro :p unless pet bashes b:shocked b:laugh

It's not hard to keep aggro around your level. I've only really started to have trouble keeping aggro in higher instances and bosses recently off of my level 95+ archer friends in Enelysion with refined Lunar bows. My friend, KengKong, has one +10 and he's 97. Granted I'm only 88, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
  • Boozer - Lost City
    Boozer - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    "STOP ATTACKING YOU'RE GONNA KILL THE CLERICS" tends to work lol.

I think people have to realize that keeping agro is not only the barbs responsibility.

Higher lvl DDs and people with highly refined weapons must control dmg and take breaks DD-ing every so often. If they go full out they will agro eventually, its not the barbs faults its just how the game is made.

My archer has a +10 cv bow and if i auto shoot for more than 30 sec or so i will pull, simple as that. Doesn't matter if its a lvl 101 barb with all lvl 11 agro skills, reflect up, +10 GX, strength/dex build w/e he cant hold it.

So basically if a DD is dumb to go full out dmg even if you tell him to chill a bit, let him **** his charm and die b:chuckle. Or kick him from party if he is getting the squishes killed.

So many high lvl players, specially archers, still don't know how to control dmg at 95-100+ its amazing. And they don't listen when tank/clerics tells them to stop either, its like they think pulling agro is a proof of their amazing dmg and how good they are.
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lol, think y'all summed it up pretty good. Recently had an archer shooting adds before I even got a chance to target them, and yet he had the nerve to tell me I need to attack all mobs...... So many players think the only responsibility they have as a DD is too do as much damage as possible to whatever they decide to target. It's hard, but ya gotta seek people who know their limits, and how to play their class I guess. I also play a wiz, I know full well if I go nuts from the start with an equal level tank I'll get at least myself killed, if not others. b:laugh
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Idk...most of wiz n archers in squad starting talk that they may steal aggro
    I usually tell them to give me 3 hits be4 they start sparking so far it worked.
    some don't even sparks because will what important is every1 get his quest done so every1 should understand the other class n work there to help not to try stealing aggro..because lets say it...if archer or wiz stole aggro how long u think he will stay alive b:laugh
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    aggro is not just a barbs responsibility DDs need to watch it its easy to take aggro much much harder to hold it.

sage flesh ream does a lot more damage and uses less chi so you can do it more and is more effective. Demon flesh ream does slightly more damage and has a shorter cool down, that on top of demon true form which has no 50% damage reduction in tiger form so getting your 89 flesh ream is important to hold aggro. devour too because the sage version has a chance to regen 35 chi instead of use 35 chi and does A LOT more damage b:dirty

if you are using flesh ream and devour together at a good pace and the dd is stealing aggro non stop just let them tank and see how well they do because obviously they want aggro hehe. stealing aggro is not good because each time aggro changes the bosses magic attack will reset and it will re-channel this is not good on bosses like the fb 69 bosses or especial Belial although if you lose aggro on a TT boss a lot you are problem just a lazy barb (unless the boss has random aggro)
  • rhayzor
    rhayzor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sins nowadays are the ones to take most aggros. sometimes hard to keep up with them .. i use invoke,roar and then alpha male.. works fine for me but while doing bosses in fc, i find it sometimes hard to get aggro from sins esp. those 5 aps sins. Theyre too OP... I wonder if Seekers are gonna take over as DDs
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    o.o Nekrob:shocked
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    rhayzor wrote: »
    Sins nowadays are the ones to take most aggros. sometimes hard to keep up with them .. i use invoke,roar and then alpha male.. works fine for me but while doing bosses in fc, i find it sometimes hard to get aggro from sins esp. those 5 aps sins. Theyre too OP... I wonder if Seekers are gonna take over as DDs

necro b:angry
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its the damned spark burst, I have seen barbs lose aggro because of 3 spark. Any class can and will steal aggro with the 3 spark. Its not the flesh ream, its the spark.

LVL1 spark
    150% for phys. attack bonus from weapon (phys. class and veno) and 200% bonus m.atk from weapon (magic class and veno). Barbs should not be a problem for keeping aggro as a barb, but other classes that don't spark cannot keep aggro.

LVL2 spark
    300% phys. / 400% mag. weapon damage

LVL3 spark
    500% phys. / 700%~900% mag. weapon damage bonus... Demon version adds 25% of attack / channeling speed.

Without the spark burst, its not hard at all.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gilforin - Lost City
    Gilforin - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I say dont be sad. Let them fkers tank them bosses and Die. WAAAAAJAJAJAJAJAJAb:laugh
    i WENT TO TIJUANA, HAD A FEW DRINKS AND THE NEXT DAY MY BOLIS WAS BURNING WAAAb:cry