How to play mage 2

2»

Comments

• Errol - Dreamweaver
    Errol - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just as many people have told you before...

The best way to find these things out -- strategies and what-not -- is to get out there and experience it for yourself. To learn it. To live it.

You need to formulate your own strategies.

That's all it comes down to in the end. =/
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How can you be a better mage than anyone of us when you don't know how to kill things without sparks

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you know what is not fail? i'm probably a better wizard than you.
    better than me? LOL
    I'm not going to brag about what i have/can do, but i assure you, i dont go making posts asking how to play my class. If you wanted PK tips, you couldve just made a topic titled, "PK tricks and tips". I'm sure you wouldve gotten much better responses.

btw, i know how to kill arcanes without sparks and heavy/light classes are a joke.
    How can you be a better mage than anyone of us when you don't know how to kill things without sparks

+1
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Specialmats - Heavens Tear
    Specialmats - Heavens Tear Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I bet my nix alone can kill you

when i say other arcanes i'm talking about lvl 100+ with uber gear. not some random level 90
    [your signature has been removed, please contact an admin for more information]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your sig's been removed by admin. You automatically lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Nixes are oneshots to decent mages, but I wouldn't expect an oracle noob from heaven's tear to know.

This failure reminds me of YaLi on Lost City, 95+ mage with +7 gear, but still fails to kill anyone worth mentioning 1v1 simply because he has no idea what he's doing.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Shadowx - Dreamweaver
    Shadowx - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My main concern though is how do i fight without sparks. Like every kill move uses sparks.
    The problem with advice is that they aren't helpful for someone who doesn't know how to play a wiz.
    You need to first to have a good feel of your survivability as well as lots of practice pvping so that you're used to surviving as a wiz (and not a veno where you send the nix and run when nix dies). When you get an idea of your survivability then you can figure out which advice applies.

If you look carefully at the vids, you'll see a lot of distance shrink use.
    -Using it keeps you alive, but also lowers your ability to kill the target.
    ->you need to know your survivability in comparison to the opponent's class and level to know when to use this
    Ex: 8x archers (which do XXX damage) I can just tank and get distance shrink ready to chase/kill but 9x ones that do XXXX damage means I have to be careful about my hp and/or distance shrink depending on how much hp I have, how much I do, which skills are on cd, etc.

As for killing without sparks
    -learn to use your undine strike + extreme poison and (very rarely) frenzy
    -be sure you can take a few hits while you're finishing them off (again, this comes from experience)
    -some barbs (and very rarely bms and other classes) have too much hp and simply require sparks to kill
    -there is nothing you can't kill with full sparks combo (or even 2 sparks depending on your weapon +#) and good timing of both your skills and your opponent's skills

Edit: If done right, there isn't anything that can kill you if you want to stay alive. Don't get caught up trying to kill someone without having any sparks. You can always harass them till you get enough chi.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I bet my nix alone can kill you

when i say other arcanes i'm talking about lvl 100+ with uber gear. not some random level 90

oh wow, your nix can kill me? Thats nothing special.

FYI, Haiz doesnt have uber gear yet she is a pretty damn good mage. Better than Llama if i do say so myself.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I'm sorry, i had an extra 400 million coins that i didnt know what to do with.

wats 400,000,000 divided by 400,000 (gold price)....

U SPENT 1000$ ON THIS GAME?!

that could buy one of tigers mistresses.
  • Specialmats - Heavens Tear
    Specialmats - Heavens Tear Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    how do you know i'm not proficient with wizard. although i admit i'm not the best. i can handle most players without a problem. its just those high level decked out clerics and venos that give me problems. Just because i'm asking for help doesnt mean i'm noob. If anything i think it shows that i'm better because i can ask for help.

i mean i'm great at starcraft but i still download replays from other players, does that make me noob?

please dont get mad because it took me 3 weeks to do what took you 1 year
    wats 400,000,000 divided by 400,000 (gold price)....

U SPENT 1000$ ON THIS GAME?!

that could buy one of tigers mistresses.

nah dude, i had 2 billion at one point. thats 5000 dollars. that i made from ebay b:laugh

jk?
    [your signature has been removed, please contact an admin for more information]
  • Hyden_Brook - Heavens Tear
    Hyden_Brook - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nah dude, i had 2 billion at one point. thats 5000 dollars. that i made from ebay b:laugh

jk?

Oracles-built wiz took out alot of learning through grinding and handling different situations.

Yup, you are rich enough to buy your wiz levels and therefore I assume you are rich enough to cs your gear.

But one thing that you cannot buy is respect from other mages who gain their levels through hardwork.
  • xirhyme
    xirhyme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you're complaining about sparks then why did you go demon?
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    It's too much Rhyme, sarcasm turns into trolling after a full page.

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-21-2009, 10:00 AM
  • Lacrimarine - Heavens Tear
    Lacrimarine - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    how do you know i'm not proficient with wizard. although i admit i'm not the best. i can handle most players without a problem. its just those high level decked out clerics and venos that give me problems. Just because i'm asking for help doesnt mean i'm noob. If anything i think it shows that i'm better because i can ask for help.

i mean i'm great at starcraft but i still download replays from other players, does that make me noob?

jk?
    I couldn't imagine how you reached your level in a mere 3 weeks b:shocked

Seriously, I do wonder where you got all those money if not from real cash.
    5k dollars isn't a joke. It's a huge sum of money to me.
    I at my level barely have 80k b:cry

Mind to share some tips? b:cute
  • FortyThousan - Harshlands
    FortyThousan - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I couldn't imagine how you reached your level in a mere 3 weeks b:shocked

Seriously, I do wonder where you got all those money if not from real cash.
    5k dollars isn't a joke. It's a huge sum of money to me.
    I at my level barely have 80k b:cry

Mind to share some tips? b:cute

I think he was talking to the level 86. Oracle to 86 takes about 2 week tbh.

With anni packs, if you're lucky enough, you could make an easy 200m with just one gold if you get scroll of tome. Also lucky people mad Bills from the event without trying or cash shopping a lot...

Increase the limit on you're credit card things only get worse from here.
    edited December 2009
    I think he was talking to the level 86. Oracle to 86 takes about 2 week tbh.

With anni packs, if you're lucky enough, you could make an easy 200m with just one gold if you get scroll of tome. Also lucky people mad Bills from the event without trying or cash shopping a lot...

Increase the limit on you're credit card things only get worse from here.
    I don't really know much about oracles though, excuse me, still a newbie to advanced things b:surrender <but I do know what they are for>.

Anni packs or others, the problem is, I don't even have enough money to obtain 1. As a wizard, we have to save up lots of money to obtain our skills and none of them are cheap (I'm talking about a 'pure-grinding' player here, meaning, no credit card) b:sad
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure grind?
    like me?
    me suggest you learn how to play teh market.
    X_x'
    me controls teh high mats.
    me controls teh universe.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Woah~~ Hamsta is pure grind?
    Furthermore, it controls universe b:shocked

I do plan to play on markets, on AH, especially since I don't have much time staying online 24/7 catshopping my stuff b:sad

But that has to wait for quite a bit I think. Since at my level, I couldn't expect to much of cash b:chuckle

Or... If SpecialMats is kind enough, he might share his fortune with me lol
    *pokes* SpecialMats b:laugh

jk lol
  • Hyden_Brook - Heavens Tear
    Hyden_Brook - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Actually, nobody is mad at you ....

coz..everyone is laughing at you instead b:laugh
    edited December 2009
    How do I played mage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How do I played mage?

Roll face on keyboard at the speed of drillcat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Roll face on keyboard at the speed of drillcat

kthxbai

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

jk?

i dont care how fast you level or how high of a level you are. Level DOES NOT equal skill.

Why ask? If i want to learn new PK tricks, i get a few friends from guild and we go out trying things out. Then we go put them into practice in actual PK against other people, fixing anything that needs to be fixed.

Why am i helping you though, you know what to do, RIGHT?
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    how does the guy in the nerfed video have one thing of 1-9 and another 1-6?
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Once you're lvl 100+ there isn't much to do in the game but bounty hunter 100, farming gear and pvp. All of these things really needs you to have friends and be somewhat part of a community. Sadly i don't think you have that since you don't even know anyone to get wizards advice from, you even have to go humiliate yourself and get laughed at on the wiz foramz b:cry

If you really wanna learn how to play a wiz like a pro in pvp get to know people around your own lvl, preferably other wizards. Do stuff with other ppl like group pvp and instances and learn from them - stop spamming fking oracles by yourself or afk zhenning.
  • Kalibur - Lost City
    Kalibur - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hit and Run

in Pwi language

Gush run and Gush

<level 86 wiz dont have to move an inch mobs so weak
    <mobs cant even land a hit
    <Name Kalibur of Lost City
    Below is my Signature dont steal
    b:angry World Domination b:angry