Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Options

Comments

• ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You know, at first, I thought the assassin would be the premiere class for PvP and damage dealing.

Personally I think they will be great ..... endgame .... but a pain in the butt to get there.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Personally I think they will be great ..... endgame .... but a pain in the butt to get there.

Yes, most likely this will be an endgame class similar to the Wizard. b:dirty For my loli-but-not Assassin it shall be worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No doubt they'll be awesome end game, but they'll still be one of the weakest classes as far as defense goes.

I really don't think the gameplay it takes to get somewhere decent is worth it. Imagine you making an archer and grinding it to level 90, but you could only use fists. No thanks?
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No doubt they'll be awesome end game, but they'll still be one of the weakest classes as far as defense goes.

I really don't think the gameplay it takes to get somewhere decent is worth it. Imagine you making an archer and grinding it to level 90, but you could only use fists. No thanks?

Archers can't go into stealth mode, avoiding PKers and mob aggro in times of crisis though. D: /lame argument

Besides, we don't know about their Sage/Demon skills, or 79/100 skills (I think, too lazy to check Korren's post) so there's really no exact way of knowing just how well these classes will play until we do it ourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Do you think assassins will have the MP to spam skills to their liking?

It's possible, but it will be EXPENSIVE. Lets be rational, most of the time assassins will have to be using normal attacks. With daggers... Which have less attack power than fists and slower attack rate.

That spells pain-in-the-***.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [QUOTE=Mizuoni - Dreamweaver;5791012silver pretty much said this.....notice how silver is an archer.....notice how he is planning on assassin.....

Silver didnt give me any love back QQ
    [/QUOTE]

*shows Mizu some love* lmao but ya man i understand but if fashion was what u wanted, u know i woulda got u right? lmao I am set on that server, and when i say set i mean set ;)
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    *shows Mizu some love* lmao but ya man i understand but if fashion was what u wanted, u know i woulda got u right? lmao I am set on that server, and when i say set i mean set ;)

D: you wouldve bought me fash??? Why didnt you say sob:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Zelinity - Lost City
    Zelinity - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If your not up for the challenge of making a sin, then your choice is simple, dont make one. MP is never really a problem for any class at high level, so I dont think it will effect the sin. Im sure the GM made it fair, we will find out soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And when you turn you around, you see yourself on the ground.
    And for the first time, no one cares just who you really are.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    D: you wouldve bought me fash??? Why didnt you say sob:cute

Lmao u should kno by now i do almost anything for friends XD so yah i woulda XD
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You know, at first, I thought the assassin would be the premiere class for PvP and damage dealing.

Now it looks like a nerfed piece of **** with good skills.

I think I'll definitely be rolling a psychic at this point.

didn't you watch that video with the lvl 6x assassin atking that lvl 7x mob? the damage was fairly decent. doesn't seem nerfed to me. the only thing to complain on will be their defences tho...hm...im still split between assassin and psychic :(
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lmao u should kno by now i do almost anything for friends XD so yah i woulda XD

awwww I wish I had friends like that. I should come to dreamweaver upon the release JK! I don't know which server I'm switching to bt I'm definitely switching servers I don't know which one to choose yetb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Do you think assassins will have the MP to spam skills to their liking?

It's possible, but it will be EXPENSIVE. Lets be rational, most of the time assassins will have to be using normal attacks. With daggers... Which have less attack power than fists and slower attack rate.

That spells pain-in-the-***.

True, just like archers. We don't have a high mana pool and we don't always spam skills either. Although if we wanted to all we have to do is spam mp pots, which can be expensive. Reguardless, I don't think it will be neccessary for assains to have mp charms unless they plan on using their stealth for extended periods of time or are just to lazy to click a pot.

Like any class mp usage and pot usage can be mannaged with balancing your skills and normal attacks.
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sins will likely deal more damage than fist BMs... for a variety of reasons
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    True, just like archers. We don't have a high mana pool and we don't always spam skills either. Although if we wanted to all we have to do is spam mp pots, which can be expensive. Reguardless, I don't think it will be neccessary for assains to have mp charms unless they plan on using their stealth for extended periods of time or are just to lazy to click a pot.

Like any class mp usage and pot usage can be mannaged with balancing your skills and normal attacks.

I agree. I think what will be specially difficult for assassins is the amount of focus it'll require. You'll have to be rebuffing and executing commands perfectly if you want to make it.

**And thanks for posting professionally, I appreciated your tone. b:victory
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I agree. I think what will be specially difficult for assassins is the amount of focus it'll require. You'll have to be rebuffing and executing commands perfectly if you want to make it.

**And thanks for posting professionally, I appreciated your tone. b:victory

TY^^b:victory

By the way I think Macros will help out with all the buffs and some commonly used combos that I'm sure new assassins will find. I've never played a cleric much but I think quite a few clerics use macros for their buffs don't they?
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    TY^^b:victory

By the way I think Macros will help out with all the buffs and some commonly used combos that I'm sure new assassins will find. I've never played a cleric much but I think quite a few clerics use macros for their buffs don't they?

I know I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I did find it interesting that in the .gif image Korren posted, the Sin was able to stay out of the enemy's melee range, while still being in its own melee range. b:scorn
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shatterfox - Heavens Tear
    Shatterfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Only two more days..*Snickers cause i'm so excited* I hope these two days are fast b:beg
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just a random question about the armor...

Considering how there is not a TT90 light armor helm and that the TT90 robe is not classified as a specific armor type...

I'm guessing either the Arcane helm upgrades into the LA helm (considering the Lunar LA helm is classed as an Arcane helm) and the cape can be multi classed...

...so my question is, if this is not the case and you can upgrade them into whatever you desire, do you know if the armor pieces you can switch between HA/LA/Arcane? for example a plate top to a robe top as long as it stays within the families being top/legs/wrists/feet etc..

Just wondered, considering switching back to Arcane considering the stats arent random for the armor, but if not I'll just deal with LA :P
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Say goodbye to the old PW. its gonna be a whole new world nowb:shocked
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just a random question about the armor...

Considering how there is not a TT90 light armor helm and that the TT90 robe is not classified as a specific armor type...

I'm guessing either the Arcane helm upgrades into the LA helm (considering the Lunar LA helm is classed as an Arcane helm) and the cape can be multi classed...
    for helm and cape:
    Heavy → Heavy(TT+Lunar) / Light(TT)
    Light → Light (lunar)
    Arcane → Arcane

...so my question is, if this is not the case and you can upgrade them into whatever you desire, do you know if the armor pieces you can switch between HA/LA/Arcane? for example a plate top to a robe top as long as it stays within the families being top/legs/wrists/feet etc..

Heavy → Heavy
    Light → Light
    Arcane → Arcane

Just wondered, considering switching back to Arcane considering the stats arent random for the armor, but if not I'll just deal with LA :P

b:shocked 1 mao day till expansion...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zelinity - Lost City
    Zelinity - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yaaay!

Thanks for keeping us updated with new info Korren! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And when you turn you around, you see yourself on the ground.
    And for the first time, no one cares just who you really are.
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yaaay!

Thanks for keeping us updated with new info Korren! b:pleased

b:laugh

btw, i think the Public Quest will be reasleased w/ expansion (70% chance)

go have a look after server back up(3rd island of TideBorn map).

b:chuckle u might be the only1 on the rank list..

btw, i heard the rank list is separated by class(80% true), so, dun worry that some high DPS class will out DD u.
    and the big boss(3rd part) on that island has OMG long range aoe attack like harpy warith(not that hurt, but 70% light/robe class w/ normal gears will be 1shot..)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Succuby - Dreamweaver
    Succuby - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A new mount coming with tideborn. Check dragon on this page:
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/mount-r.php

Tideborn flying mount:
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/flight-t.php

Screenshot of some dagger:
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/dagger.php

Screenshot of some orb (need to update matk/patk):
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/orb-psy.php

Don't know what are the special armor we can see on some tideborn, seem we got it with quest but don't know more about that. The normal armor look like other character on tideborn.

I will update these page soon after the pwi patch will be online. Same for skill and character simulator page ;)

I got some info about skill, but still many are missing. So if you got any assassin/psychic on chinese server, please post screenshot of the skill (with text/mp/damage). Same for your weapon, if I don't have screenshot, you can post one here.

Thank you.

ps: ty Korren for this usefull thread.

All rdy on the Grill to keep us updated b:victory

Thank you b:thanks
    no skills into making/planning/playing toons and improve them result into major fail end game ( or big suffering, hopefully some forum advices on building char helps, not my cup of tea) ...
    this is one of the reason i love PWI that much
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Expansion is nearly upon on.

So would like to take this opportunity to thank Korren and other's who have supplied information to this thread.

Thankyou your effort hasnt gone unappreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _tina_ - Lost City
    _tina_ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Expansion is nearly upon on.

So would like to take this opportunity to thank Korren and other's who have supplied information to this thread.

Thankyou your effort hasnt gone unappreciated.

+1
    QFT

Everyone who gave us info in advance :
    " We Wuvz Youz b:cuteb:thanks "
    ****.****.ins
    Cuz theyll Kick your **** before you spot them
    b:chuckle
  • Cheyannalina - Sanctuary
    Cheyannalina - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    +1
    QFT

Everyone who gave us info in advance :
    " We Wuvz Youz b:cuteb:thanks "
    i 2nd this b:chuckle
    come closer....

closer.....

even closer....

(slaps)

dun trust. :D
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:question okay i donno if anyone has asked this yet but... what would be a good bulid for a sin or physic, because if i do like the new classes i dont wanna **** up the one i wanna go on with....b:victory
  • DaBoZZ - Lost City
    DaBoZZ - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:question okay i donno if anyone has asked this yet but... what would be a good bulid for a sin or physic, because if i do like the new classes i dont wanna **** up the one i wanna go on with....b:victory

i guess pure dex for a sin and no clue for psychic b:laugh
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i guess pure dex for a sin and no clue for psychic b:laugh

b:laughb:pleased ty, so im guessing for the sins its gonna have an archer(ish) build
This discussion has been closed.